“Best Amuement Park in Quebec”

La Ronde Amusement Park
Ranked #71 of 393 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: White-knuckle fans will love the spectacular "Manitou" or "Vertigo," two of many thrill rides at Canadian Six Flags.
Longueuil, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Amuement Park in Quebec”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been to La Ronde, now known as six flags many many times. I love the Goliath roller coster, it is more than 50 feet in hight and very very fast. You feel like your flying through the clouds on the ride. There are approximately 6 roller coasters at La Ronde, and they are all great. You have to come at least once to try it out. You can buy a flash pass , so you don't have to wait in the lines, it will cost you 50$ more , but you will be able to go on double the rides in a day, then stay for the international fire works at La Ronde during June and July, its truely spectacular to see.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Margaret M

• Korean first
cleveland, oh
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Don't do it without a Flashpass.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We got the Gold Pass Flash this past August and can't imagine enjoying the park otherwise. It was slightly crowded but park capacity is very slow due to the rides and employee attitudes. We got on every ride we wanted to go on, and got to ride the park's gem, Goliath, multiple times. Ride Le Dragon before the lines get long as the pass does not work on that ride. And don't expect to get on the classic Arrow children's coaster if you are not a child.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I liked my visit with my sister last summer. I feel that the place could use more pizzaz.. maybe painted concrete or more decor.. the prices are super high for food but there are some deals like free refills on pop for 10 bucks (you keep your cup).. It was fun. Just a bit bland decor wise. Maybe a mascot here and there too would be nice.. lol

Visited July 2012
Moncton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“If You Are Short On Time, Go Platinum!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were in Montreal and most of our plans were indoor activities because the weather forecast was grim at best. Then suddenly, we had an unexpected sunny day so we decided to change plans and visit La Ronde. We grabbed a park map, planned our targets of interest and set off into the world of Six Flags. Like so many other visitors, we like roller coasters, so that was our primary focus. Though impressive in sheer size, bulk and craftsmanship, I find the ride of wooden coasters like "Monstre" to be a little rough. Though the ride was thrilling, we felt a little battered. The comfort level of the steel models is better but varies with the featured effects. We found the “Cobra”, “Ednor-l’Attaque” and “Goliath” to be more comfortable then “Super Manège” or “Boomerang”. And “Vampire” was very smooth, not the type to knock your head back and forth between the shoulder pads. For the best thrill, we like to choose the rear seats of the wooden models for the physics involved, and the front seats of the metal monsters for optical illusions and disorientation of the senses.

If you don’t have several days to spend at La Ronde, the Platinum Flash Pass is well worth the price. You can reserve a spot on one ride while you ride another or have a snack, and the pager lets you know when your spot is available. It not only allows you to jump the long queues, it also allows you to ride a second time without getting off. We only had one day to spend in the park, and thanks to those Platinum Flash Passes, we rode all the attractions that interested us, at least twice, all before the sun went down. They are by no means cheap ($60-$80 + regular ticket), but if you are short on time, it is money well spent!

Visited August 2012
Moncton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WORTH IT”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I remember driving in Montreal and seeing the enormous roller coaster. Always afraid of heights I never wanted to go there. Until two summers ago. Over coming my fear, I rode the largest wooden roller coaster in Canada! WOW What a thrill I recommend this park to anyone I meet seeking a thrill.
Cons: Long lines (everything fun comes with lines)

Visited June 2012