“Great price and location, hotel felix, Gay owner and gay friendly.”
Review of Hotel Felix

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Hotel Felix
Ranked #112 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great price and location, hotel felix, Gay owner and gay friendly.”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Hotel, felix just a new name for few years. Before was another name. Since 2008, they built in toillet shower, jaguzzi, let check www.hotelfelixmontreal.com, and the beginning it was management by one of the owner and now new management by two in owners. Wow! i know alot ofcours because of I was in Hotel felix at 15-31 July 2011. This is a great family hotel. I fell very comfortable, Like I am at home; big terass, normal breakfast. very clean and smell great. My room was number 15, with the big mirrow, cable tv, new carpet, clean toillet and clean shower. the price that I pay and location that i got, I think this is the best place to stay for visite gay village montreal. where you want to go? sauna, best restaurant, priape store, metro station is on the front.,,at night you got security code to get in hotel. safe and comfort. what i dont like...ummmm,,,,when we walk at the first floor,,,the floor is a little noisy . but that not too bad for the price and location....my name is jaroen I hope you remember me, thank you to all the staffe and I will be back again for gay pride or divercite next year....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta
Reviewed May 31, 2011

PROS:
1) LOCATION.. Right in the middle of the "Village"
2) On Subway stop
3) Very friendly and helpful staff
4) Breakfast

CONS:
1) Beds are on the small size
2) Rooms are small

This is a great 2 star hotel, with the service of a 4 star. There are different types of rooms, and some are larger than others so if you need more space ask. The owner and the staff can help you get around Montreal and are full of information. You do NOT need a car in Montreal, but if you have one, the best parking is at the National Library about 10min walk away for about $12CAD a day.

Keep in mind this is a 2 star hotel. Some peoples previous comments about towel size and soap size are some what correct, but for the star status.. it fits the bill.

Overall:
Great location hotel for people who are not going to be in their rooms that much.

Room Tip: Suite #24 best room. 10-19 the smallest
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The staff at this hotel are EXTREMELY accomodating and helpful. I have no complaints whatsoever with the service. They basically served my breakfast for me, carried my luggage up and down the flights of stairs, upgraded me to a jacuzzi tub room for free, etc. They were extremely attentive to every need/want. NO COMPLAINTS on the service end.

The bed was adequate, a bit firm but not lumpy. Pillows were also adequate and numerous. Overall I didnt have a great sleep, but very average considering I was not in my own bed. I have certainly had worse in hotels. Clean linens, ample towels and bath mats. NO bugs or scary things could be found. They provide hand soap and plastic cups in the bathroom, but no shampoo or condition. Downstairs at the kitchen area you can borrow wine glasses, mugs, etc. It was nice also to be able to control my own heat in my room.

The lobby is very well decorated. The rooms a little less decorated. Newer Ikea bed frame/headboard, side tables and dresser. The rooms could use a new coat of paint and maybe a few nice prints on the wall.

Check in and out was a breeze and very friendly. They accidentally overcharged my friend on check in. My friend never even noticed, but the next day the owner told my friend that he was overcharged by ACCIDENT and refunded the $$. They are VERY honest folks. Like I said, my friend wouldn't even have noticed unless the owner had told him. It's not too often you find honesty like that!

The hotel was pretty quiet. Not sure if that is just because I went in March during their "off" season. This was perfect for sleeping and eating in the main lounge. No line-ups, peaceful evenings, etc.

Now the location......it's absolutely PERFECT. Directly across the street from the Beaudry Metro subway stop! Next door to the hotel you have a liquor store, a Tim Horton's and across the street a 24 hour convenience store. The hotel is right smack dab in the middle of the gay Village....and is owned and operated by gay people. This B&B is perfect for gay OR straight visitors! Shopping is abound everywhere. The location CANNOT be beat. I repeat.....THE LOCATION CANNOT BE BEAT!

The price......I paid $75 per night which included breakfast and free upgrade to a jacuzzi room. I cannot complain about the price when I take everything into consideration. In fact it was well worth more than $75 per night given the excellent service and location.

Only downfall to this place.....if you are going out for a night on the town and will be arriving back to your hotel any time after midnight, then expect to wake the owner up who will be sleeping on a sofa in the main lounge area. Yes, that right.....he sleeps in the lounge area. They lock the doors after midnight to avoid any stragglers coming in therfore you have to "buzz" to be let in by the owner. I spoke to him about this and they are considering a swipe card system to maintain security and so that he can have a good night's sleep without being woken up all the time. I just found it a bit sketchy that he sleeps in the lobby area on the sofa. It made me feel really bad waking him up at the wee hours of the morning. Not too mention if you're going to Montreal to "cruise" and maybe bring a "friend" home for the evening, that could be a bit embarrassing having to wake up the owner to let you and your new found friend in. But that is my only complaint with this place. Some people would not be bothered by this, as was the case with my friend who stated "it's his job and his choice, he could have a different system in place, if he really wanted too". I suppose my friend is correct. I just felt bad waking the poor guy up at 3am after being out clubbing. Also, it just made me feel as though I was being watched as to who was or wasnt bringing into the hotel. I guess there is good reason for this type of security though because the hotel is clean and well maintained.

I hope this helped you in your decision.

Overall.....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The Hotel Felix is in a Central location for the gay villiage. Parking is a good 15 minute walk and you need to be quick when unloading the car because it is no parking in front of the hotel.
There is a stairway up to the hotel with no elevator. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the morning is simple cereal,danishes fruit and juice and was perfect to start the day. Eating in the living room common area also gives you a chance to chat with others if they happen to walk in.
Each bedroom has a bathroom. I asked for the least expensive room and it was near the check in desk. My room was very small with a shower and a small refridgerator, free wireless internet, TV and a small table with 2 chairs. It was nothing fancy but I was happy with the price and service. public transportation is excellent. If you have a car it's not very convenient. I decided to park my car 15 minutes walk away for approximately 12.00 a day and 3 dollars less on weekends. I used the Metro across from the hotel. There are many coffee shops ,stores, and places to eat within a minutes walk from the front door.
I would stay here again if I want to be in the villiage.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Castro Valley, California
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My partner & I stayed in mid-September 2010. It was more like visiting a hospitable friend than a hotel. Jacques was a treasure trove of information, and even did a load of laundry for us. It's right across the street from Metro and a bike-rental stand. Wonderful atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank waynesb
Phoenix
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My Partner and I just spent 9 nights at the Hotel Felix. It was in the center of the Village and right accross from the Metro station. You could also rent bikes accross the street as well. The current owners acquired it two years ago and did a complete remodel. We loved it! We had a room that over looked the Village main street, we were always peeking out and people watching. The street is a pedrestian street only in the summer, lots of great places to eat and drink. The room was very nice and clean. Tastefully decorated. The bath had all new fixtures etc and a spa tub. This is a B & B really as a great breakfast was included. There was various cold cerals, crossants and muffins. Coffee, orange juice and milk. More than enough. The owner always greeted us and helped answer are questions about the area and sights. His pointers and directions saved us time. We will definitely return to this property. I highly recommend it. Gary and Steven.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed July 1, 2009

The Hotel Felix was formerly known as the Auberge Cosy (a B&B) and appears to have changed hands awhile ago. The location is dead centre of the vibrant scene on Ste-Catherine East. It is not a hotel and really is a B&B, albeit a large one. If you are looking for anonymity or amenities of a full service hotel you will not find it here.

What we liked best: location, helpfulness of staff (and Owners) including requests made in advance, back yard deck area where we relaxed and enjoyed some wine, opportunity to meet some other guests for breakfast, location right across from metro and countless bars and restaurants in every direction, the main floor is very nice and enjoyable. Rooms can be small so ask for a large one.

What we did not like: our room faced the street with sealed windows - we felt claustrophobic (next time would stay in the back with windows that open). That said, it was very quiet given the street below. No shampoos, small motel type soap (on 2 days we had to ask for a bar of soap so we could shower), poor quality towels (one tore), bathroom very small no room to put anything, room, had no counter space and items repeatedly fell off. Our room had a small noisy fridge, we unplugged it. Access to hotel is up narrow stairway on second floor making it difficult to carry luggage up. Our room was kept tidy but did not feel "fresh" or clean - possibly because of lack of fresh air.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple