“Grace Kelly Exhibit”

Ranked #58 of 432 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The McCord Museum is home to one of the largest historical collections in North America (more than 1.4 million artefacts), consisting of First Peoples objects, costumes and textiles, photographs, decorative and visual artworks, and textual archives. It produces exciting exhibitions that engage visitors by offering them a contemporary look at the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went specifically to see the Grace Kelly exhibit and enjoyed the experience immensely. It was interesting and informative - audio hand held devices gave you and individual auditory tour along with the visual presentation. These were included in the cost of the exhibit. They had a discount for CAA members. They also had a reciprocal museum relationship with the Art Gallery of Ontario, meaning free entrance for those members.

1  Thank ActiveTempo
in 6 reviews
"temporary exhibits"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I saw and admired a very beautiful Inuit art exhibition, I was lucky to see it! Also a hats collection upstairs. A small museum but few good collections. I did not see Grace kelly exhibition but I hope I did not miss nothing very special.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visit this museum for the Grace Kelly exhibition. I loved the Grace Kelly's outfits and history. But I did really like the hat (not Grace Kelly's, the general one) upstairs. And I did like the cozy scene about the old Montreal. I was gladly amused about the First People's clothes in the first floor. I think it is not mandatory have a big museum to talk about the everyday activities of people, and that is what social history is about.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The display is lit to protect the delicate fabrics not to enhance the colours. Things seemed drab and washed out. There were a few colour photos of Princess Grace wearing a garment and you would see very clearly what a fabulous piece of clothing it was. One shapeless piece made me think of an early Star Wars costume and I laughed to think it was part of the exhibit. But then I saw the photo! Wow! This is not an exhibit that would appeal to many. It really needed more pictures of her wearing the clothing. I found I was not at all interested in Princess Grace, only in the exquisite pieces.