“The Bonaparte is a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Bonaparte

Hotel Bonaparte
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Bonaparte is a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

We had an excellent stay at the Bonaparte -- 6 women having a reunion-- we had three rooms and stayed 5 nights. We loved it. The hotel was lovely with spacious, clean, and quiet rooms and wonderful toiletries. The staff were all helpful, cheerful, and very friendly. And the breakfasts were such a highlight of the day -- lovely room, table settings, delicious food, and great welcoming service. We also had dinner one night in the restaurant and were treated to wonderful food at reasonable prices-- and a surprise sparkler on the dessert for one of the women having a birthday, This is a real gem of a small hotel. We also enjoyed sitting out on the 6th floor rooftop terrace at night and looking at the stars. It is a little rustic out there but a great view and very quiet. We had a wonderful visit to Montreal and the Bonaparte answered all our questions and met all our needs, including lending us all umbrellas one rainy night. We could not have been happier with our stay. Thank you to the Bonaparte and its wonderful staff!!

• Liked — Location, service, breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to have lunch or dinner at the restaurant at the hotel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
6 Thank Aloharunner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2006

Our family of 3 stayed three nights and we were totally satisfied. The rooms are ultra clean and nice. As mentioned in previous posts, the breakfasts are wonderful and in a very pleasant setting. The restaurant downstairs is not to be missed. The french cuisine was excellent and the prices were very reasonable for the quality of food and top notch service. Service staff is very friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend a stay at the Auberge Bonaparte for your next stay in Montreal.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank marksthespot
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2006

We arrived in the heat of July to this lovely oasis in Montreal.
We arrived also to hear of the death of a family member. We live in Indiana and were far from home. After much discussion, we decided to depart early. This is when the radiator in our car blew.
So, we sure had a dilema.
I am an independent travel agent and seach really hard for charming, small properties. I can get a good sense on the phone when I speak with staff. I was so glad that we had chosen this hotel. It is a jewel in a quiet area of old Montreal. Spacious, Provence style rooms, very clean and peaceful. One of the best restauants in the city. Above all, the staff could not have done anything more to assist us; I felt that I was treated like an old friend rather than a total stranger. During our 2 day stay, they were just the nicest they could be.
They made long distance calls, gave us a laptop to use, found radiator shops, served us drinks and coffee, and let us stay very late in our room until our car was repaired. Even the owner (Michael Banks) !!He stood on the street to hail a cab, when the one we called did not come. We even got hugs and kisses goodbye.
People, this is what makes the difference when traveling. Dennis and Anne Marie were just the best; I am sure at a large hotel we would have been on our own. The restaurant staff SO great. Best Omelet I have ever had here, and I am a well travelled cook and judge of food.

My only regret is that I did not get to really enjoy this wonderful place, but you should!! (ask for a terrace room, beautiful view...)

• Liked — staff location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — terrace rooms quaint
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jel1
Lafayette
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2006

Really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were huge and very clean. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was also very good. The location is great for taking strolls down to the old harbor and to just hang out and having a beer at one of many outdoor cafes. Old Montreal is great and has many great places to eat. Pass on Schwartz deli very over rated! Try La Fonderia it was great.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank telleaux
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

I am so impressed I am writing my review while I am in still in the hotel! We had a wonderful trip! Personal service was great! !

Rooms: We stayed in a King/Double jacuzzi, was able to get a discount for AAA. The room is spacious,complete w/10 ft ceilings and the decor is just gorgeous full darkening drapes & crown moulding make it a delight. Cleanliness deluxe! The hardwood floors throughout and ceramic tile bathroom, makes it clean and allergy free! We were on the 2nd (out of 5 rooms of floors), with a historic view of the city cobblestone streets and buildings. The bathroom was extra clean, the double jacuzzi was definately enough for 2 & the amenties were all there, iron, hairdryer, etc.

Service: A++++++ ! No member of the staff and management said NO or "NON" to anything! IT was always yes or OUI, no problem! Can u ask for more?! The personal service at this hotel is not anywhere you can really get from a larger hotel. As I stood at the by the front desk, there were several people who were leaving at the same time. I overheard all of them say, "please book us next year for the same room". IT was great!

Food: Bonaparte Restaurant, is an outstanding small french restaurant, with incredibile food (a substantial breakfast is included with your stay) and service. If you want you can order room service from the restaurant from their normal menu which was served quickly & hot.

I would definately come back and stay whenever I come back to Montreal. This and a perfect location in Old Montreal, steps away from Notre Dame, downtown the port, it can't be beat!

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel about a month ago. The location is within walking distance of Old Montreal, home to the best resturants in the city as well as a great atmosphere with friendly people. At night we could just walk around the city blocks without worrying about anything but having a good time. The hotel room was very cozy. I loved the cut out windows, so you could sit on the sill and watch the horse and buggys chatter past. The rooms are a bit small, but they do not feel small since the ceiling is so high, and windows are very tall. The staff was very helpfull, giving directions to the underground, olympic park, and good resturant recommendations. Word of advice, the bio-dome zoo pretty sad with the main attraction being some penguins. Really not worth the $12 / person. The underground was just a series of connected malls, didnt feel like I was underground, just in a mall without windows. People are right about the breakfast, it was the highlight of the stay. I chose to stay here becuase I read the traveler reviews, and they did not let me down. I hope you enjoy your stay here as well as we did.

• Stayed May 2006