Hotel Bonaparte
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,068 results
All reviewsold townanne marienotre damehardwood floorscrepesadjoining restaurantbreakfast was includedincluded in the room ratecroissantsvieux montrealthe hotel's restaurantsmall hoteleach morningrestaurant staffcobblestone streetsour room was spaciousloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel absolutely exceeded our expectations. We had a lovely room in this quaint hotel over Easter weekend. We found the location to be perfect!
The staff were amazing.
The breakfast in the restaurant which was included was fantastic.
The bar was a nice place to return too in the evening after a busy day out and about. We will return for sure and we tell everyone how great our stay was.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have the good fortune of attending a board meeting in Auberge Bonaparte every six months. The hotel never disappoints. Clean, comfortable rooms with good beds and recently upgraded linens are simple, elegant, and well maintained. Staff are extremely courteous and helpful, know their business well, and provide excellent service with no fuss.

Some bathrooms have only showers, but others have tub with jacuzzi. There is one suite on the top floor, with a small balcony.

The location cannot be beat. It is a block to Notre Dame cathedral, and a couple of blocks to the waterfront in the old port. A ten-minute walk, mostly uphill, will take you to the shopping of St. Catherine's Street and Chinatown is half that distance. Within a few blocks of the hotel are many of Montreal's best restaurants.

This is a boutique hotel, small and comfortable, with personalized service. Now read my review of the restaurant!

Room Tip: No bad rooms. Some have shower without tub.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Myles_in_Halifax
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wow! We've just returned from a most wonderful experience in Olde Montreal. I attribute our good fortune to our choice in hotels. We stayed at the Auberge Bonaparte, which is centrally located with easy access to anywhere else you'd want to go. The hotel staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional, including at the adjoining restaurant, where the food is excellent, I might add.

From the moment we arrived Michael Banks, Director of Marketing, treated us like family. He ensured we were well taken care of through his recommendations of sites to see, fantastic places to eat as well as engaging in good conversation and laughter. As "special" as we were made to feel, I'm certain all the guests were treated the same way. Mr Banks obviously loves his work, and it certainly shows!

I'm not sure how soon I will return to Montreat, but I am certain that when I do, I'll be staying at Auberge Bonaparte. Kudos!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed for a conference taking place at the Palais de Congres. Very close and easy walk to the conference center. Room very cute and comfortable. Wifi included. Also included breakfast which was delicious (does not include tips). Staff was very nice and helpful. Would highly recommend and will likely stay if I go back to Montreal in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kesimpson2
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Once again TripAdvisor hit a home run for us! The Bonaparte was truly a lovely place to stay. It is a simple, but well appointed small hotel. We do not like the impersonal nature of large hotels and Bonaparte is far from this. From the concierge, Sabrina and Michael are wonderful and very helpful and wanted to make sure our stay was fun and relaxing and to all the wait staff who were phenomenal - thank you!. Dinner at the Bonaparte was one of the best we have ever had and we love food! We walked all over old Montreal and up to the Plateau neighborhoods.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple