“A good deal !”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #71 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We stayed here from July 1 through July 4, 2006. We booked the room via Hotwire. A great location, about a 7 min. walk to the Lucien - L'Allier metro stop, or a 10 min. walk to the Peel metro stop. The Hotwire price was $42, or a bit less than $51 per night, including tax and fees. The hotel is a short walk from the Museum of Modern Art - don't miss the exposition on Italian Design in the 20th century. The bottom line was that we got a clean , comfortable, air-conditioned room, with free local calls and free newspapers ( not USA Today - real newspapers ) - all for the price of a parking spot in New York City.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CJIMI
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Downtown

Reviewed April 23, 2006

TERRIBLE!!!!
The windows were so dirty you could barely see through them! The furniture looked like it came from the local thrift store. The lampshades were heavily stained. There were burnholes in the carpet. The bathroom was grubby looking (dirty corners, tiles missing, etc.). The absolute worst thing however was the super-strong industrial-strength deodorizer that hit us like a brick wall upon entering the room that gave us instant headaches.

• Stayed: April 2006
9  Thank AylmerAnnie
Reviewed December 8, 2005

I stayed at the Quality Inn Downtown in Montreal, Canada for a weekend in October. I was in Montreal along with 11 other guys for a bachelor party. The hotel is in an excellent location and I would highly recommend it for singles and bachelor parties. It's in close proximity to all the bars and excellent restaurants. The rooms were large and clean, but need some updating. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway, but the rooms were more than adequate for our needs.

4  Thank Russellicious
Reviewed September 28, 2005

The Quality Inn on Crescent had a great location for our visit. 3 blocks from the Bell Centre, walking distance to a grocery store, shopping, Mount Royal, and several pubs and restaurants. Besides the location everything else was average. The room was a pretty good size, but I expected it to be for the price. Continental breakfast wasn't what you would normally expect, but was a light meal to suffice in the morning. Front desk was quite helpful, however understaffed. The room was clean and in working order, nothing special, however the balconies were not to be used, deemed "unsafe by the City of Montreal". When I visit Montreal again I will try staying in a different hotel, but in the same area.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank Beach_Run
A TripAdvisor Member
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 31, 2005

I was in Montreal for a dental convention. i stayed at the Quality Inn Downtown hotel for 6 days. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my room at the second floor was HUGE. I got a room with a king-sized bed. It had a three-seater couch in it and a dining-table with 2 chairs, big study desk. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The Bathroom had a bathtub, it was very clean --- a big plus factor for me. There's so much space to move around. The hotel is very near th shopping district, there are bars/clubs nearby for those who want to enjoy the nightlife, a convenience store and money changer is a minute-walk away. Starbucks and Burger King are also a minute away. The Metro (subway train) station is about 4-5 minutes away. In short, location is very good. it's about 5 blocks away from other attractions such as Mary Queen of The World church, parks, St. George's Anglican Church, Bell Centre, Underground City, St. Catherine St.(shopping district a block away). I was truly fortunate to book my stay in this hotel. However, the croissant served to me on first morning there was truly lousy. it was tough and not flaky. I was actually expecting a truly authentic french breakfast in Montreal but i was disapponted. I never ate my breakfast there again though it was supposed to be included in my hotel package. But overall, I would recommend tourists to Montreal to stay in this hotel. You won't be disappointed. At first I was skeptical about the reviews here at this website. Good thing though I chose to believe the posts here. Au revoir!

Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2005

Was recommended this hotel by a co-worker. We were very happy with our one night stay at the Quality Inn on Crescent Street.
Rooms are quite large with a nice walk-out balcony. Our room overlooked Crescent and downtown.
Reception was great. We arrived early (well before the 3pm check-in) and were given a room right away.
Got a decent rate considering it's summer and also during the Jazz Fest.
Location was great. Crescent Street is a lively street with many bars and restaurants. Shopping on Ste. Catherine is right around the corner. Metro station is nearby (we used Peel).
A couple "negatives", although nothing really major. There was a festival going on on Crescent that night/day and the street was closed to vehicles. It took us an extra few minutes to try and find the parking area for the hotel due to it.
Parking was $18 (ugh), but this was to be expected- it isthe city afterall. You can take your car in/out anytime which is a plus if you choose to do so.
Another plus is that it nearby to the Bell Centre, which is just down the street on Rene Levesque. Looking forward to getting up there to see the Canadiens (bring back the NHL!).
We would not hesitate to stay here and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank vter
Reviewed May 25, 2005

After reading the reviews about this hotel I was a bit concerned about what I might find when I arrived. Just to avoid any confusion this is the Quality Inn on Crescent St. Well , here is my take... The reception was excellent, I arrived about 10 am as I had taken a red eye flight from SFO. They had been full the night before but they had a housekeeper work on a room that had just checked out and I was in my room in less than one hour.
This after enjoying a nice breakfast in the hotels intimate and amazingly inexpensive restaurant. The food was good but I finally found a place in Montreal where you can find bad coffee.
The room itself was quite spacious and immaculately clean. High speed internet is CA$9.95 per stay. There are many CATV channels as well as pay per view. The real joy of the rooms here are the walkout balconies with nice views of downtown and the soundproofing is very good. The hotel hallways were looking a bit shabby mainly because they had installed new door frames on the stairwell doors, but for some reason hadn't painted them. Oh, and watch your step when going into or out of the bathroom !
On the night before my check out I called for a wake up call at 1030 am to accomodate their 12n checkout policy. The receptionist asked what time my flight was and I told her 4pm... she then asked if I wanted to Check out at 2pm? , and would I like a taxi waiting ? ! Wow.. That's service !

9  Thank Baxter2006