“Good value for money”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #69 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
“Good value for money”
Reviewed August 31, 2005

I was in Montreal for a dental convention. i stayed at the Quality Inn Downtown hotel for 6 days. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my room at the second floor was HUGE. I got a room with a king-sized bed. It had a three-seater couch in it and a dining-table with 2 chairs, big study desk. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The Bathroom had a bathtub, it was very clean --- a big plus factor for me. There's so much space to move around. The hotel is very near th shopping district, there are bars/clubs nearby for those who want to enjoy the nightlife, a convenience store and money changer is a minute-walk away. Starbucks and Burger King are also a minute away. The Metro (subway train) station is about 4-5 minutes away. In short, location is very good. it's about 5 blocks away from other attractions such as Mary Queen of The World church, parks, St. George's Anglican Church, Bell Centre, Underground City, St. Catherine St.(shopping district a block away). I was truly fortunate to book my stay in this hotel. However, the croissant served to me on first morning there was truly lousy. it was tough and not flaky. I was actually expecting a truly authentic french breakfast in Montreal but i was disapponted. I never ate my breakfast there again though it was supposed to be included in my hotel package. But overall, I would recommend tourists to Montreal to stay in this hotel. You won't be disappointed. At first I was skeptical about the reviews here at this website. Good thing though I chose to believe the posts here. Au revoir!

Stayed August 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Vermont
Reviewed July 9, 2005

Was recommended this hotel by a co-worker. We were very happy with our one night stay at the Quality Inn on Crescent Street.
Rooms are quite large with a nice walk-out balcony. Our room overlooked Crescent and downtown.
Reception was great. We arrived early (well before the 3pm check-in) and were given a room right away.
Got a decent rate considering it's summer and also during the Jazz Fest.
Location was great. Crescent Street is a lively street with many bars and restaurants. Shopping on Ste. Catherine is right around the corner. Metro station is nearby (we used Peel).
A couple "negatives", although nothing really major. There was a festival going on on Crescent that night/day and the street was closed to vehicles. It took us an extra few minutes to try and find the parking area for the hotel due to it.
Parking was $18 (ugh), but this was to be expected- it isthe city afterall. You can take your car in/out anytime which is a plus if you choose to do so.
Another plus is that it nearby to the Bell Centre, which is just down the street on Rene Levesque. Looking forward to getting up there to see the Canadiens (bring back the NHL!).
We would not hesitate to stay here and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank vter
San Francisco,CA
Reviewed May 25, 2005

After reading the reviews about this hotel I was a bit concerned about what I might find when I arrived. Just to avoid any confusion this is the Quality Inn on Crescent St. Well , here is my take... The reception was excellent, I arrived about 10 am as I had taken a red eye flight from SFO. They had been full the night before but they had a housekeeper work on a room that had just checked out and I was in my room in less than one hour.
This after enjoying a nice breakfast in the hotels intimate and amazingly inexpensive restaurant. The food was good but I finally found a place in Montreal where you can find bad coffee.
The room itself was quite spacious and immaculately clean. High speed internet is CA$9.95 per stay. There are many CATV channels as well as pay per view. The real joy of the rooms here are the walkout balconies with nice views of downtown and the soundproofing is very good. The hotel hallways were looking a bit shabby mainly because they had installed new door frames on the stairwell doors, but for some reason hadn't painted them. Oh, and watch your step when going into or out of the bathroom !
On the night before my check out I called for a wake up call at 1030 am to accomodate their 12n checkout policy. The receptionist asked what time my flight was and I told her 4pm... she then asked if I wanted to Check out at 2pm? , and would I like a taxi waiting ? ! Wow.. That's service !

9 Thank Baxter2006
Reviewed April 28, 2005

I found this hotel to be perfect for what we were looking for. I was travelling with a University Woman's Basketball Team and we had to play 4 games in 3 days. We also wanted to see a bit of Montreal. This hotel was close to the downtown shopping experience and was close to the gyms we were playing in. The rooms were very nice and the service was excellant. Parking (paid) was across the street and very accessible. All in all, we had a great stay, two great sleeps and a great experience. When we go back next year, this is where we will stay.

Stayed October 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2004

I was shocked and appauled at the "managers" customer service skills. They were snooty and not helpful. I chose not to stay at the Inn for the fact they could not find my reservations and did not know what to do about it. It was the most frustrating experience of my life.

Reviewed June 17, 2004

First of all, when we walked in the room it smelled like someone had been chain smoking for the last 3 weeks non-stop. To be fair the staff did put an ionizer in the room to get the smell out after we complained. It helped very little. If that was the only problem it wouldn't have been so bad, but there were numerous other issues. Next the chair in the room was covered in ashes with burn marks on the arms. It looked like it just came down the chimney with Santa. Then there were the lamp shades. They had big circular stains all over them. All the furniture in the room had marks and stains all over. It was like people had been using them for batting practice. The ceiling in the shower was covered with yellow stains and mold. The room cost $110 a night plus $20 extra for parking. The hotel was rated 2 stars on one website and 3 stars in a Canadian travel guide, so we figured it would be clean, but nothing fancy. We were very wrong. Since we got there late we had to stay the night. They said they would give us another room the next day, but we didn't think it would be much better. So, the next morning we checked out and got refunded for the second night that we had booked.

Reviewed March 28, 2004

My husband and I stayed four nights at this hotel in March 2004. We had a clean, serviceable room on the 10th floor for less than $100 US a night. Admittedly, our next-door neighbors DID wake us up at 3 a.m.
early Sunday morning. But there's at least a dozen bars on that strip of Crescent Street, and besides, the Habs won earlier that night. We just cranked up the rickety heater and went back to sleep. :) The desk staff were courteous and helpful to two Montreal newbies. It's obviously not a top-of-the-line hotel, but I don't think it purports to be. It was truly comfortable for a few nights. And they had a decent free continental breakfast, too. Would stay there again.