“A Great Experience!”

Auberge du Vieux-Port
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was my first time to Montreal in 30 years and I give myself a "gold medal" for choosing to stay at Auberge du Vieux-Port! The view to the St. Lawrence and old port, not to mention the sunrise from my elegant windows would have given me the bronze; the hot breakfast with good coffee and tea brought it up to silver; but it was the helpful, cheerful staff that brought me the gold! So I am a happy camper!! Bed and linens lovely. Really, you can't beat the location for walking the in City. Just a couple blocks away from the Scandinavian Spa, if you like to relax. The History and Archeaology Museum is literally down the street. Traveled alone and felt safe and comfy day and night. Really enjoyed walking the old docks, too, and imagining what it must have been like during the height of the wheat shipments.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, front, with a great view of the morning sun, fog, and ice crystals! I loved...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank REJ810
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
We Love how you used the medal theme as we are in the Olympics season.
We're extremely happy that you won the “gold medal”
We are thankful that you chose to come to the Auberge du Vieux Port and that you took the time to share your experience here with other travelers. We do hope that you will come back and let your imagination go once again with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,792)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This quaint hotel in Montreal is the perfect place to stay on your next Canadian vacation. The staff is lovely, helpful and kind: I was lost driving on my way to the hotel, the sweet receptionist stayed with me on the phone and step-by-step directed me until I arrived. The rooms are as pictured, cozy, clean and comfortable. The location is ideal, as it is in the heart of Montreal and a quick walk to the Basilica Notre-Dame and a number of delicious restaurants; not to forget mentioning, the restaurant in the hotel serves a fantastic complementary breakfast. There is good energy amongst the hotel guest because I believe everyone is very satisfied with their accommodations. Should I return to Montreal, I would most certainly stay at L'Auberge du Vieux-Port with pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We’re glad that you appreciated the service provided by the receptionist the day of your arrival. It is our pleasure to be here for you, wherever you are and at anytime of the day.
It would be also a pleasure for us to have you stay at the Auberge du Vieux Port once again!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'm twenty two years old and took myself here for a two three day vacation. It was amazing! The hotel lobby is smaller than it looks online, but my room was huge! And the king size bed was great. I was nervous to travel alone, but not once I arrived. The service was really friendly. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
It’s nice to hear that once you got to the Auberge du Vieux Port you did not feel nervous anymore to travel alone. We, as staff, feel like we are home when we come to work and we try to also make you feel that way.
“Definitely be coming” is exactly what we want to hear and it would be with great pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Staying in this hotel was a real treat. As a first timer to this hotel, we were very satisfied with the level of courtesy and genuine helpfulness of the staff. The valet service was quick, efficient and polite. Over-all, the hotel exemplified a well-honed ability to provide excellent hospitality and service. We stayed in the King Premier room with the in-room Jacuzzi, fireplace and supremely comfortably down king bed. The room had a rustic feel, but was still impeccably clean and very elegant, which made for a very special stay. The toiletries that were provided were of a great quality, rather than the usual cheap, overly-perfumed, made-in-china crap hotels provide...we actually WANTED to use these.

We expected the standard fare with the included breakfast - continental breakfast with questionable croissants, watered down OJ and sludge-y coffee - however not so. We were offered a choice of a la carte breakfast (included) and the quality of the fare was divine. Anyone looking for an elegant stay in one of Montreal's most vibrant cartier will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are sincerely happy to hear that as a first timer at the Auberge du Vieux Port, you had an excellent experience and that everything went as you expected and even more. Thank you for taking the time to share that with the other travelers.
We look forward to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night this weekend and we absolutely loved it! We had the King Room with the river view, the room was spacious and very romantic, with a big soaker tub, exposed brick walls and super soft bed.
We went to the hotel bar for some cocktails after dinner at Pied du Cochon ( I also highly recommend eating there) and unlike most hotel bars, this place was actually cool. A little more laid back, a great crowd and quaint, Old Montreal style decor.
The best part about the hotel is the staff, everyone we spoke to was beyond friendly and accommodating. I really appreciated the fact that no one bugged us to clean our room the morning we were leaving, they let us relax until our noon checkout, which is necessary after a night in Montreal!
We will be staying here every time we are in Montreal. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had with us.
It’s nice to hear that you enjoyed your room and the Gaspar Tavern, which is the restaurant connected to the Auberge.
It’s a great pleasure for all the staff to always make sure you leave with an excellent memory of your stay for you to always want to come to the Auberge du Vieux Port when visiting Montreal.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Traveled here on business and stayed a couple of nights in their "loft" suites. About 1000 square feet - so lots of room to enjoy!

First of all, the hotel may have the finest service anywhere. From check-in to departure, this hotel makes you feel warm and welcomed. Mathieu was our Bellman the 3 days we were there, and let me say that this man understands service. WOW

You can't beat the location. Right in the heart of Old Montreal, just a short walk to Chinatown, Notre Dam and dozens of quaint restaurants.

Rooms feature lots of brick, wood and natural light for an older building.

Even in the cold of winter, this place will warm you up. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Anywhere is fine. Not much traffic noise to contend with. Higher floors probably offer less ceiling...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BrianArabsky
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Let me start by letting you know that Mathieu is extremely appreciative about the comment you wrote, especially the WOW part. He is one of our best and it is our pleasure to give you the best service possible.
The location is known to be the place when visiting Montreal, especially for its restaurants.
We look forward to WOW you again when you come back to stay with us at the Auberge du Vieux Port.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were welcomed by Michael
And Fred. Both were very accommodating and throughout the trip answered our questions and we're more than happy to help, valet parking was so easy and accessible. The room was beautiful, a bit small but very charming, right on St. Paul street. Breakfast was included and exceeded our expectations the staff was quick and attentive to our needs and the good was good quality. They also had toast/bagels/coffee as soon as we walked in. Overall our stay was great, we would definitely come back next winter. We loved it.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest
“We loved it” is what we want to hear !
We are glad that you will also be back to stay with us next winter.
Should you wish to have something more spacious for your next stay, please don’t hesitate to contact us and it would be a pleasure to talk about the different categories we have available.
We do look forward to see you again and thank you for mentioning Fred and I, it’s greatly appreciated.