Auberge du Vieux-Port
  • Pool
LHotel(Montreal)
  • Room Service
1,810 results
All reviewsriver viewold porttaverne gasparexposed beamsvieux portrooftop barthe main hotellawrence rivercharming hotelcrepespaul streetfifth floorbreakfast was includedgreat showerthe entire staffsmall hotellarge windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for two nights for a weekend getaway and to see a show. The location is very convenient to old port activities and close to Metro stations for easy access throughout the city. The room was small, but cozy and suited our needs well. The only downsides were that walls seemed thin and early-morning noise in the hallway woke us up. Valet parking was available and seemed pricey, but in the old section of a large city, it's what's expected. Also, the elevator at check-out was excruciatingly slow such that we got sick of waiting and carried our bags down the stairs. Though, in fairness, I'm notoriously impatient in such situations... ;-)

In all, we had a nice stay at Auberge du Vieux Port and, given the price, the minor critiques mentioned above were just that: minor. If visiting Montreal again, we wouldn't think twice of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chas2369
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel is in the best location, has amazing rooms, great service and above all incredible value for the price. We stayed at this hotel a first time in November and we loved it so much we returned in December! We had the most gorgeous room facing the water with wood, stone, brick, pillars, etc. So beautiful. Breakfast, which was excellent, was included. Service at front desk was attentive and not pretentious. Nous y retournerons!

Room Tip: Facing the water is great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank onetripamonth
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here for a few days after an extensive trip around Canada. We had stayed in their sister hotel previously in the trip but wanted to mix things up.

The Pros
Very friendly staff
Clean, modern room nice bathroom and shower
Great location for old town and port

The Cons
Breakfast which was included in our room rate was cold and almost inedible, luckily I was not hungry.

We had late checkout included in our stay and cleaners entered the room 3 times between 11 and 2pm. I don't think they are informed about guests who are not checking out at normal time.

We had a movie included in our room rate which we never received and TV signal was bad on most channels.

To summarise, luckily I am not bothered too much by the cons but I can imagine others would be, especially as this is not a cheap hotel. We would return as I did not make a complaint about the above and I am sure they would have remedied if I had given them the opportunity. We would return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank foard83
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Jan 11-13 2014...Birthday weekend for my wife...our second visit here was just as perfect as the first time! Uber-Romanic room with 200 year old wooden beams. Many thanks to Assistant Manager Daniel who used his "magic" to obtain a dinner reservation at a nearby restaurant that was "full"...6 star service from all the polite staff all the time...not a bad thing to say...we shall return!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've long known that Montreal is a European city in North America and the Auberge du Vieux-Port supports this. The only gripe was the speed of the elevator and so I used the stairs certainly when going down from the fourth floor from where the view across the frozen marina and semi frozen river beyond could be enjoyed. The staffs' attitude to speaking English was certainly not as I remembered from years ago in the city. They freely chatted in English but admittedly once my wife revealed her excellent French the receptionist clearly found it easier to chat in her mother tongue. We ate one night in the hotel restaurant and it was good as was the choice at breakfast. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the room old world, bricks revealed but with all expected modern facilities. No bath but good wi-fi. I'd stay there again gladly.

Room Tip: Room looking to river, whole hotel was quiet although in summer with windows open river side could be noisy?
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business