Auberge du Vieux-Port
Hotel Zero 1(Montreal)
$93
Travelocity
1,810 results
All reviewsriver viewold porttaverne gasparexposed beamsvieux portrooftop barthe main hotellawrence rivercharming hotelcrepespaul streetfifth floorbreakfast was includedgreat showerthe entire staffsmall hotellarge windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at the Auberge for our 15th anniversary weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. The front desk and bell staff were warm, friendly and so helpful. Our room was just perfect - I think it's the one in our guidebook. Great bed with squishy pillows and good shower with sunflower shower head for rain-style shower, in addition to regular nozzle. In room 103, the street noise is quite apparent. The antique windows, while lovely, do not seal out the traffic and trains.

We went over to Gaspar for our complimentary evening cocktail and stayed for two more, then we came back to this tavern for post-dinner cocktails. Breakfast was included and quite delicious - omelet cooked to order with potatoes.

The location is perfect for walking around the vieux port area, close to the waterfront.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street will hear traffic, but enjoy a lovely view - your choice!
1  Thank NotALostWanderer
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The spatious and comfortable loft at Auberge du Vieux-Prot was the perfect way to spend a weekend get-away with my wife for our anniversary. The staff was hospitable and helpful. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. Centrally located in the Vieux-Port, we had easy access to the waterfront, shops, and restaurants.
Chris H
Vergennes, Vermont

Room Tip: the lofts are an option two blocks away from the main hotel and are very comfortable if you dont need an elevator it is a great option
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Very charming inn, awesome location. This was a great place to be if you want to walk around old Montreal. Staff was extremely helpful and polite. Our room was pretty with a nice view toward the water. The bathroom was lovely. The hotel does encourage conservation (i.e. reducing frequency of washing towels and sheets) which is great. But they should leave more than 2 towels for the shower. As one reviewer mentioned, there is a train that comes through late-night that might wake you. Other things this hotel could improve: breakfast, while included, is not great. I would rather have fewer choices (excellent coffee and local bakery bread/croissant) than several mediocre offerings. The complimentary welcome cocktail is a nice idea, but would be better if it were freely offered in the lounge, rather than giving each guest a coupon to exchange at the bar. If they offered it in the lounge, they could provide beer and wine and would seem lovely and generous, rather than having an awkward conversation between bartender and guests as they hand over their coupon in the bar ("This is only good for house wine and draught beer.") Aside from those things, we truly enjoyed our time here. Stone walls, wood floors, and rustic wood beams made for a romantic, old-time atmosphere. We would return on a future visit to Montreal.

1  Thank Scott X
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I just returned from one night at the Auberge, and I must say that the rooms are top notch and so rustic, the service is incredible, the food and drink and just fantastic!!

I called in advance to let them know that my American friends were just completing a tour around the world finishing in Montreal, and the left them chocolates, red wine and a card signed by the entire staff. I could not be more pleased, and more proud in my choice of l'Auberge!

Merci!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We spent just one night here. Once a year or so we pay too much for a room that is extra special, and this one was beyond my expectations. The broad beams, the huge windows, ours opening onto the street below, it was magical. The jacuzzi bathtub was small but just right for one person and I used it three times, the water was super hot just the way I like it. Our bed too was adorned with a thick comforter and so comfy I could have stayed all week, if I just had deep pockets.
The cobblestone street below was bustling with activity during the day and evening and so quiet in the night. On that same street we found a wonderful dinner, magical wine and chocolate just around the block, and bicycles to rent, ride and return virtually everywhere around the city.
A drink at cocktail hour was included in the price of our room, which really is saying something because drinks in the bar down the street run $12 or more. Also, breakfast was included but it wasn't great and believe me you can get great breakfast or brunch in so many locations it's worth paying for that elsewhere if you are as crazy about this meal as I am.
These guys dickered with me because we showed up on the day we stayed here...but they say that you can get deals if you stay three days or more. It would be worth it to check it out. I loved it.
Oh one more thing, they even set me up with an awesome massage at a spa up the street, the spa was nothing to remark much about but the massage was superb and I'm fussy. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I think the street side rocked but I bet the view of the port would be great too.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple