“Stay away”

and up
Montreal Attraction Pass
Ranked #40 of 396 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Lit up like a jewel at night, this casino on the Ile Notre-Dame is the largest in Quebec and one of the ten largest in the world in terms of the amount of gaming equipment. The excellent live entertainment draws gamblers and nongamblers alike.
Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Stay away”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Visited tonight while here in Montreal. Worst casino experience ever. The layout of the place is ridiculous. Lots of floors but very little space. I was surprised at how cramped the place felt because from the outside, it looks huge.

No alcohol service, but they did have attendants walking around offering coffee.

As for the atmosphere, it's lousy. It's very quiet. It was almost subdued. I'm used to sitting down at a machine and chatting with other gamblers and being in a fun atmosphere. I got none of that with this visit.

The crowd skewed towards the older side. Not very many younger people like my sister and myself.

The employees that I encountered were very friendly, so that was a plus. The coat attendant (they make you check your coat) was nice, as were the security guards and the coffee attendant.

I went with $300. I gambled $100 and won that back and was just so disappointed with the place, that my sister and I just left.

Don't waste your time with this place. It's really not worth it.

4 Thank cherieb42

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Meh”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Guess Im spoiled by native american casinos, this one just didnt do it for me. Lot of slot machines, which was cool to do for a while. But otherwise the location was just plain boring. Cramped spaces, odd layout, and no drinking of alcohol. Very strange from what I'm used to. The 777 STM bus goes right by from Jean Drapeau station which is convenient. Won't need a repeat visit.

2 Thank MCOsting
Windsor
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“busy place, lots to do”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

we live near Windsor ON and have access to Ontario and Detroit casinos. payouts did not seem as good in Montreal but was there a lot to choose from. Multi floor and lots of young people (under 40)...crown and anchor wheel type, poker, slots, band...weird thing was we had to check our coats (it is a law there) and you had to drink your drink AT the bar, could not walk around with it.. Cab ride is $20 from downtown..prepare for a construction detour adventure.

2 Thank LasalleFeisMom
New Providence, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Failed by comparison”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I enjoy playing in Casinos every once in a while. This was the worst I've ever visited. It seemed like a rip off all the way. Parking was extremely hard, and after going from level after level and finally finding a spot, surprise...no elevator to that level, had to take the stairs. Very confusing getting around inside the Casino, it didn't really feel like one, the atmosphere was heavy, no one around seemed happy and enjoying the experience. Lots and lots of people and no one seemed to be winning anything. Machines were old, the tables were crowded and expensive. Staff was very friendly, but that still did not help make the experience good. We wanted to eat at the Buffett, and had to wait almost half an hour in a line that ended inside an open Men's room just to get a ticket to then return in about an hour and wait a bit more to finally get a table, to find out there was not a lot of choices on the menu. Over all, the worst Casino we ever visited.

5 Thank Roseli11
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Never met a casino I didn't like - until now”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I feel sorry to give a failing grade because the staff seemed friendly enough, but it is what it is. My wife and I love casual gaming. We may not usually win but the thrill of the ups and downs in hopes of a BIG one and the shear splendor of an elegant and inviting floor are why we play.
Not long after we began, it seemed like a bad dream. The labyrinth of hallways and stairs and small rooms too crammed with slots and people, seemed like they were closing in on us - like we were lost in someone else's house.
The line for the buffet extended to a point directly in front of the WIDE OPEN men's room. If a guy needed to use a stall - well you get the picture. I felt a little sorry for the staff on that one, after all it was packed.
Buffet: food wasn't bad, but more limited than any I've seen before.
Parking: on a Saturday night, every single spot taken until 7th floor. No elevator from there to casino.
Table games: fine, if you could get on one. Dealers very friendly-the most positive experience.
Slots: I guess the real issues start here. Outdated machines set for LOW payouts. We have played in enough places to spot BANDIT settings. No bells. No whistles. That's because nobody was winning. You could see so many un-excited players just mindlessly losing their money. Even those little old ladies playing penny slots looked drained. Exciting slots are a casino draw even if you don't play them.
In summary, this casino just felt like it was the only show in town, thrown together to grab money from gambling fools and didn't really care if you came back- as long as they got your money.
They got some of ours. But not all of it.

5 Thank Warewythawl