“One of the absloute best dinners I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Zero8 - CLOSED

Zero8
Cuisines: International, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: ZERO8 is a gluten and allergen free restaurant in Montreal. Delicious, home made fresh food. We offer grills, braised meats and we always have vegan options.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife found ZERO 8 because they serve zero of the top 8 allergens-4 of which our daughter is allergic to. I was expecting fine/good and what i got was in the very top of anything that I have ever had in a restaurant.

First-about my daughter-she is 6 years old and has handled her dietary restrictins and concerns well. She asks if she can have somehing and we tell her and she is okay with our answer.

it was a real treat for us to say "You can order anything you want tonight." And we found a breakfast place like that too in Montreal which I wil also review called Cho'Cola.

I asked thw aitress what she recommended and she said the pork shoulder-so I ordered it. It was tender-I do not expect that when I get pork-it was braised-it was full of flavor, it melted in my mouth.

Everything was outtstanding-my wife had couscous that had tomato and that just right amount of garlic-you can't stop eating it-we couldn't. We raved about our dinners to people looking at the sign outside thinking about going in. Later we saw them. You will love this restaurant! Go!!!!!!!!

Zero8, Owner at Zero8, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your review which was shared with every team member at Zero8!

Readers should note that our «couscous» is made out of quinoa everything is gluten-free.

Again thank you and we hope you're enjoying your stay in Montréal!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was an interesting restaurant that is great for those on a gluten free diet. We ordered sandwiches on Zero8's homemade bread. The bread was delicious, yet both my chicken sandwich and my friend's roasted vegetable sandwich were saturated with oil. It was tasty, but very messy and packed with more empty calories than we bargained for. Be prepared to pay extra for ketchup for your fries.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were in Montreal for a family visit and decided to take some time for ourselves and check out the local "allergy-free" zone. My wife is both celiac and has an extreme allergy to iodine (shellfish). Accommodating both allergies is difficult anywhere but especially in Montreal where they seem to be generally allergy-unfriendly.

We had the table d'hote and were truly impressed. The Caesar salad was delicious although the dressing was a little on the odd-side for texture. The mushroom soup was fantastic. The beef bourginion and game-stuffed chicken were delicious (although again, a little weird texturally on the chicken) and the desert was chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.

With 2 table d'hotes, a glass of wine, a coffee, tax, tip it came to $80. Not bad for a meal out in a touristy area of a touristy city.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had dinner last night and regret the choice. I ordered from the table d'hote: the arugula salade was oily and not with good quality oil; the rabbit stuffed with venison sounded more interesting than it tasted - just missed flavoring; the good part was the gluten-free chocolate cake with almond pannacotta. Not what I'd expect for the price of $28! My wife ordered a grilled vegetable sandwich with home made french fries and a side order of home made mayonnaise - $2 for a tiny bowl of oily mayo. This combination made her very sick to the point where she couldn't keep the food in. Spent the night in the washroom! The kitchen was very slow in bringing our simple order out.
To be fair, almost all the dishes coming out of the kitchen were hamburgers and the restaurant was crouded; so we probably did not choose what others possibly know to be the specialty.
We will never return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is so great to can eat all what is on the menu, and everything seems good. The food is fresh, tasty, the ambiance is nice, like a bistro, and the waitress was friendly and rapid. My belly felt well and light, just eat enough because of the well balanced plate. I will go back for sure.