“Kitchen needs Gordon Ramsay”
Review of House of Jazz

House of Jazz
Châteauguay, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kitchen needs Gordon Ramsay”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

the music was excellent, the décor also, but the food was disgusting we will never go back. The kitchen needs a visit from Gordon Ramsey I will not recommend this restaurant to any-one

Visited October 2013
2 Thank David Y

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Perfect Evening in down town Montreal”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Art deco ambiance, excellent music and good food, the perfect combination for a great evening with friends. Do not expect a tranquil diner expect a dining experience filled with good jazz and or blues interpreted by experienced musicians that will transport you into their world.
Word of advice , rent a room near by you will be able to enjoy the party longer without worrying about getting back home. Next morning I couldn't speak for my throat was rough from out loud singing the blues. Keep in mind there is a $10.00 cover charge. Worth every penny!
Try it , you will remember it for a long time.

Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not worth the Metro ride”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

While I loved the decor, the rudeness of staff made the place turn ugly. The band we watched spent more time giving out roses than actually performing true Jazz. The food was poor quality for the price and bathrooms lacked all paper products. Once they have your door charge and required dinner order, they don't seem to care if you ever come back.

2 Thank HotModelForTSA
Montreal, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great music, not so great service”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Recently went here with a friend who was visiting from out of town. Snooky and the Bandits were very entertaining and great musicians. Our server did not seem very interested in us, but she paid a lot of attention to a couple who was sitting in another part of her section. I don't know if they were regulars or VIPs or what but she spoke to them for over 20 minutes with her backed turned to us and our empty drinks. Eventually our friend had to get up and go to the bar to ask for our tab. The drinks were good though. Would probably return to sit at the bar only.

White Rock, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Come for the jazz, not the food...”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

One of my co-workers wanted to come here for dinner with my boss. Cover charge was 25 dollars to see the Piano Chameleons... an excellent duo with many guests including Oliver Jones. We left at 9 PM after 2 sets which started at 7:30. The show was excellent.
The food left much to be desired... I had the Chicken Leg and rib combo. I've had better chicken and rib combos at Saint Hubert and Swiss Chalet... And they didn't charge 23 bucks for it either. The fries were sad little Sysco frozen fries adn there weren't that many in the first place. The service was good but they were prevented from walking around too much during the show (which makes sense).
The decor looks like Bourbon Street meets Roccocco. There stuff hanging everywhere and it depends if you believe "less is more" when it comes to decor.
I feel I got my money's worth for the 25 dollar cover charge but the food is uninspired and extremely expensive.