“Very good, authentic Mexican food in Montreal”
Review of Tequila Taco House - CLOSED

Tequila Taco House
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I really enjoyed my meal here. I have been to Mexico several times and this place felt genuinely authentic (as opposed to 3 Amigos, which is much less authentic but still very fun and good value). The prices were very reasonable. I would go back. The pitchers on margaritas were amazing!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

YUM! We chose this spot on a recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. The food tasted fresh and was so flavourful! The atmosphere of the restaurant was cozy and welcoming and the food was absolutely delicious. The prices were good which was an added bonus! We're adding this place to our favourites! Try the margaritas!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food was excellent, Tortilla soup was fabulous. Probably best Taco and Burrito we have had. Service was excellent and very good in recommending items off the menu in particular the mango margarita. Was busy for a mid-week but well worth the wait for a table.

1  Thank Lorelli
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Finding good Mexican cuisine in Montreal is quite a difficult task, and that's why ever since I found this place it became my preferred choice when in need of authentic tacos or fajitas. The place isn't necessarily the prettiest or best decorated one, but definitely the food is totally worth it. I personally recommend the Beef Fajitas, which are ridiculously amazing, and I would also strongly recommend the Cochinita Pibil tacos. These are what I usually take, but certainly everything I've tried has been really really good. The staff is super friendly and the prices are not that expensive overall. It's a good price - quality - quantity relation.
What I would say is def a problem is finding a parking spot if you come by car, so plan ahead on that.

1  Thank YetzaSantoro
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We arrived around 8 pm and we were seated on arrival. The restaurant is well located on the corner of Sherbrooke and St Laurent. Parking can be a pain in the butt in this area, but we managed to find a spot. The place itself isn't all that big, on the quaint side.

We ordered guacamole with chips appetizers. Beef tacos and Fajitas. All three dishes were great and the portions were just about right.

Service was very good and the price is right.

I'll be back again.