“Ambiance, Service, Great Food but....”

Restaurant Les Pyrenees
Ranked #43 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: The restaurant Les Pyrenees celebrates the gastronomy of the Basques and of the Catalonians, creating a wonderful symbiosis in between french and spanish culinary cultures.
New Jersey
“Ambiance, Service, Great Food but....”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Having seen an outstanding lunch menu displayed in front of this small eatery, I returned for dinner asking for the previously advertised blackberry glazed duck. At first they said that was only available for lunch and after putting on my saddest face, the server went into the kitchen and returned with the news I wanted to hear!!! The chef will make it for me!! The bread that came very quickly was delicious but cold. The duck (see photo) $25.95 was presented in great form and was delicious but also cold. I did not return it and devoured every morsel. Great taste and perfectly cooked. also, I have rarely seen a duck leg so small - almost Quail size (lol), which left me longing for more of the delicious dish.

The ambiance was perfect with many tables facing the front windows for people watching. The server was attentive and friendly.

This would have been a 5 star review had it not been for the lack of proper temperature ofthe meal. However, would not hesitate to go again!!!

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Bannister, Michigan
“Unparalleled Service!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

While standing outside perusing the menu, we were immediately welcomed (by the owner, I think) but not pressured. After walking several blocks and looking at menus at dozens of other restaurants in Old Montreal, it was that initial welcome that drew us back to Les Pyrenees. The food was excellent and the service even better. We were left with such a good impression that we returned for dinner again a few days later and were lucky enough to get the same waiter (Max!). Although the stuffed chicken was a tad dry, we had another great meal overall. And because it was earlier in the evening, they were less busy and we had even more opportunity to chat with Max. The next time we are in Montreal, we will definitely make it a point to eat there again.

• Visited April 2014
“Great Service and Great food”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

They were able to book a table of 20 at almost the last minute and were very kind to us, gave us excellent service, the food was excellent and everyone in our party was able to find something they loved from a price range of $8CAD to $30CAD. Their wine selection was great as well and bottles were very reasonably priced. The atmosphere was beautiful and I had an excellent time there.

I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Marche
“Excellent service, poor quality”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The place looks cosy and nice, service is excellent, but The food was really disappointing. I had tapas followed by a vegetarian main course, but i left most of The food there.

Hartford, Vermont, USA
“A fun surprise”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stumbled across Les Pyrenees after just walking from our hotel up the street. We were evaluating the menu on the street when the maitre'd stepped outside to tell us about the place which offers a mix of French and Catalan-style food. That sounded perfect and there were a lot of tables open (7:30/8pm on a Friday) so we jumped at the chance.

The waitress was a little grumpy when we announced I did not speak French, but the service was overall very good. She brought a sample of wine when my husband mentioned not being a fan of chardonnay, but didn't offer to explain any of the specials. The menu is a good size with something for everyone.

We each had a vegetable salad to start and they were huge- entree sized. The dressing was a great honey vinaigrette and there were lots of vegetables (asparagus, julienned peppers) included. A+

Our dinners were paella and the cassoulet. The cassoulet was unreal- very tasty and included duck, pork, lamb, and chorizo. The paella looked like it was missing the crusty goodness you usually see/taste, but otherwise was great and full of mussels, shrimp, chorizo.

We passed on dessert since none of the options were compelling.

I felt the prices were on par with similar restaurants and the atmosphere was great. One of our favorite meals in Montreal this weekend.

• Visited February 2014