“Worthwhile, good food, nice ambience”

Restaurant Les Pyrenees
Ranked #44 of 5,764 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: The restaurant Les Pyrenees celebrates the gastronomy of the Basques and of the Catalonians, creating a wonderful symbiosis in between french and spanish culinary cultures.
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Worthwhile, good food, nice ambience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Walked in on a rainy Sunday in November to find a warm reception and a nice table waiting (in high season reservations advised). Max gave us excellent service and advice. The chef adjusted the tapas offering to accommodate a food allergy and it was a superb 4 dish offering. I had the rolled chicken stuffed with goat cheese with a wonderful sauce. The house red wine was fine. Prices fair for the excellent food and service. They even gave us a nice complimentary dessert wine apertif. Tres bon!

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Joyce, Washington
“Great Food, Happy Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner here in a bustling, but not chaotic bistro atmosphere. The service was kind and correct, and the menu selections interesting and varied, including a number of vegetarian choices. A kind of a French-Catalan fusion approach, and it brought back good memories of travel to these places. Food was just very, very good, supported by a good wine list.

Visited October 2013
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Just simply a great place.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Both time we were quite pleased.

The lunch was a simple gazpacho, perfectly prepared and nicely chilled. We also had a Mille-feuille of fresh vegetables and goat cheese and Monchego. The vegetables were perfectly cooked, and retained their firmness. Dessert was a Creama Catalan, the best I have had since I was in Barcelona. It was all washed down was a reasonably priced, and excellent bottle of Spanish tinto.

For dinner, my wife had the bouillabaisse and I the grilled giant prawns and squid. Both were simply prepared and quite good. For dessert we had a most spectacular orange cake.

Staten Island, New York
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A group of peers from varied locations from around the world came to Montreal for a conference, we asked the concierge at the Delta Centre Ville a good place to go and without hesitation he recommended Les Pyrenees. He was spot on!

The wine recommended by the waiter was crisp, refreshing and just the right pairing with the meal.

I had the Tapas Plate for a starter - mussels, spanish ham and quince preserves, sausage in a red sauce and one other item, that for the life of me I cannot remember! It was all very tasty and quite worth the price.

My entree order was for the Catalian Beef Stew, but unfortunately we had a late reservation and the last order was taken right before me, so I went with the braised pork cheeks in a wine reduction and potato. Fantastic! The chef deserves many kudos for such a delightful meal.

I had a really good Orange Cake with candied orange peel and a dark chocolate dipping sauce. So decadent, but the peel is what set the desert apart from being just any old orange cake.

Overall I had a wonderful meal, the ambiance of the restaurant was nice, the only thing I would suggest is to get rid of the televisions playing standard television shows ( there was something about plane crashes on when we got there) and it would make the place 5 star!

Brisbane, Australia
“Great breakfast, exceptional service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Walked into this restaurant by chance this morning for breakfast, before boarding our cruise ship. Best decision we ever made. Food was wonderful and well presented, service, second to none, atmosphere truly European, warm & welcoming. We would not hesitate to recommend this charming little restaurant.........,.,,bon apetite