“Tasty Spanish and mixed fare professionally delivered at a reasonable cost.”

Restaurant Les Pyrenees
Ranked #35 of 5,706 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: The restaurant Les Pyrenees celebrates the gastronomy of the Basques and of the Catalonians, creating a wonderful symbiosis in between french and spanish culinary cultures.
Ottawa, Canada
“Tasty Spanish and mixed fare professionally delivered at a reasonable cost.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good Spanish and mixed style, superb professional service, reasonably priced and in Old Montreal. Small extra gestures too; we had a great time here. Non-invasive staff, knowledgeable about food and wine. Going to the English theatre nearby? This restaurant opened earlier than others so you can eat without rushing in plenty of time.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RobinCollins

• Polish first
Saint John, Canada
“Cassoulet and Paella are the house specialties”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The owners are from Spain and the south west of France -- hence the specialties. I had an excellent mussel soup which did not include the shells! Most of us tried the Cassoulet which comes in 2 sizes. Had we realized how generous the servings would be, we would have skipped the first course. Good service, good wine list and great desserts.

I would not hesitate to go back for another meal.

• Visited March 2013
Salem, MA
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The service was friendly and fast. I ordered mussels, which came with home-made potato chips, which were delicious. I will come back here next time I'm in Montreal.

• Visited April 2013
South Burlington, Vermont
“Excellent food and NOT a tourist trap”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Les Pyrenees is different from the average Old Montreal eaterie. Plenty of focus on good food, good wines, and food service.

The Old Town/Vieux Port are of Montreal is an attractive place. Unfortunately, many of the restaurants there focus on serving tourists who are likely to never come back. So there's a bit of money put into decoration and little or nothing into the food and service. Les Pyrenees was a wonderful surprise.

We stopped there for lunch and it was an outstanding choice. It's a little pricey ($70 CD for two, but we did have a nice wine).

We were standing in the doorway on the street at noon perusing the menu when a waitress stepped out and invited us in. She was very friendly and accommodating.

The cuisine is a mixture of Basque, southern France and the Pyrenees region.

We had been looking for soup (one of us had a bad sore throat) and their soup of the day was a great vegetable potage in the old French tradition.

The "pasta du jour" was really fresh and they adjusted the ingredients to meet my friend's palate.

I had the fish soup as my main course and it was absolutely outstanding. Not over salted, but very flavorful and a huge serving (with all the toppings to go with it)! The green salad was very fresh.

We had no room for any dessert, but the dessert menu looked "complete".

Now to make my way back there for a dinner!

Try it, you'll probably like it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank gregv_ma
Watertown, Connecticut
“Bon Appétit”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

During our very first stay in Montreal, we stayed at a hotel located on Rue St Paul O, that is one of the best areas in Montreal with a plethora of great bars and restaurants within walking distance. I would highly recommend Les Pyrenees that offers an excellent atmosphere, very friendly staff and amazing food w/ a Catalan flair. We had dinner on Saturday evening, March 30, 2013 and were seated by the window as per our request - the view of the Rue St Paul was just awesome. I had the Salmon w/pureed turnip w a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc and my husband had the Pork medallions w/mustard sauce special w Merlot that was outstanding. For dessert he chose Tiramisu and I was sipping on a glass of nice Port. What a perfect dinner!
I would definitely give a "10" to Les Pyrenees if it was available :)

• Visited March 2013