Le Petit Hotel
Travelocity
$694
Orbitz.com
1,155 results
All reviewscroissantsmedium roomold montrealextra large roomspecialty coffeexl roomcontinental breakfaststone wallsfresh fruit saladrue st paulsmall hotelamazing showerperfect locationsister hotelart galleriesrestaurant recommendationscomfortable bed
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We escaped to Montreal in the dead of winter. It was seriously bitter cold. However, we received the warmest welcome from the staff at Le Petit. We picked the hotel based on its ranking on TripAdvisor, which at the time was number 2. As my husband checked in and I held my two year old's hand, the concierge whipped out a map and asked if I was hungry and what I wanted to do. Within seconds she had drawn me a trail to a few local restaurants as well as an area with great shopping. We then went to our room where the Bell Hop showed us all the amenities, as well as the beautiful bouquet of flowers my husband had arranged to have waiting in the room for me for Valentines Day. By email with the concierge, Joelle, he had planned to have them waiting for me along with a card written in French. Joelle (as well as the rest of the staff) were outstanding. They made constant restaurant reservations that were outstanding EVERY single time. They even took care of our Valentine's Day reservation a few weeks in advance, recommending a restaurant that was kid friendly so we could take our toddler with us to celebrate the day. They even brought us coffee and a tray of croissants to our room about a half an hour after we checked in. And as an option, they will bring you breakfast "in bed" which means they bring up a mini continental breakfast to you. The coffee assortment is to die for and everything was really delicious.

Any email we sent them prior to the trip was responded to promptly and always with a, "Yes, we can totally do that for you. It would be our pleasure."

The warmth and hospitality of this hotel has me daydreaming about a trip back to Montreal almost daily. It's like a large bed and breakfast. They make everyone feel like they are VIP.

The only small thing was how warm our room was. And it was easily remedied by opening the window. We slept like babies in the most comfortable bed I've honestly ever slept in. Even more comfortable than my own. Speaking of beds, they knew we had a little one with us so made sure we stayed in a room that had a separate area with a futon and made it up with a child sized robe on the bed for her. How could we not feel completely cared for? The housekeeping was incredible as well. It was immaculate in our room.

I find it shameful people have rated this place down to 11th place. Le Petit can't control the city street sweepers or patrons of a bar down the street. They can't "take legal action" against people for being outside and talking. Have you ever heard of ear plugs? I can't wait to be back in Montreal to stay at this hotel. In my opinion there is none better in its district.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MsFear
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We just got back from three nights at Le Petit Hotel, and it was a great stay. The facilities are excellent, and the location can't be beat. The staff was remarkably helpful--specifically in making dinner reservations, giving us directions and the delicious breakfast that's served every morning.

We were worried about noise based on some of the prior reviews. We stayed Thursday through Saturday (and during a Habs game). We had no problem with noise. Sure, there's street noise and HVAC noise but we wouldn't have noticed it if we didn't read about it in others reviews. Take ear plugs if you're worried about it, but it's really not an issue.

Reviewed May 7, 2010

From the moment a staff member met our cab at the curb until we left four days later we were in a world of service, ambiance and comfort. We went to celebrate a very special anniversary and everyone at Le Petit made our stay so memorable. We were welcomed at the front desk so warmly, even though it was a very busy time of day. Our room was not quite ready(we did show up early) and we were offered a cold drink or coffee. Do not ever pass up their offer of coffee here! The blend is perfect and we are very serious coffee drinkers. Once our room was ready, we were told we had been upgraded to a large room. A nice surprise! We were on the fourth floor in a large room, facing Rue St. Paul. The room was modern and cozy. The furniture was unique in design and color and the brick/stone walls added to the ambiance. We later learned just how comfortable the bed and pillows were...heavenly! And the bathroom was small but nicely laid out and the shower was incredible.

Through the entire weekend, every request we made, every question we asked was taken care of with a cheerful attitude. If someone did not know about something, they got back to us quickly with an answer. It was as though we were the only guests...and the hotel was booked solid! When we asked for dining ideas, for lunch or dinner, we were given several to choose from each day. And their recommendations were always on the mark. When we finally chose the restaurant(L' Epicier...not to be missed!) for our anniversary dinner, they made sure we had a taxi ready at the door.

Breakfast is included here and is not to be missed. The croissants alone would be worth coming to Montreal! There is also a lovely fruit salad, cereals, yogurt, delicious breads for toasting, homemade jams and marmalades. And of course, their wonderful coffee, and you can choose a specialty coffee drink at breakfast...a cafe latte, espresso, etc. And anytime, day or night, they are more than happy to bring coffee to your room.

We cannot stress enough just how wonderful the service was at this lovely hotel. And even though this is a trendy place and may seem to cater to a younger crowd, we as a middle-aged couple, never felt out of place. We felt welcomed and catered to at all times. We do not speak a word of French and that also was never a problem here. The staff, even when very busy, always had time for a chat or to assist us with information. We would like to thank Joelle, Ann, Alexander, Phillipe and Juan for all they did for us!
And we need to mention just what an incredible job the housekeepers do...the room was spotless each day.

From reading other reviews of the same weekend that we stayed here, we need to address the noise issue. We are very light sleepers and do not like our sleep disturbed. We did hear the partiers on Saturday night. It was annoying to be awakened, but that being said, if you stay in a hotel in a large city, noise can always be a problem. The solution? Never travel without earplugs. We have travelled the world over for many years and noise can be an issue anywhere. Travel prepared and you will sleep. Especially in the heavenly beds at Le Petit Hotel! We look forward to our next visit to this perfect little hotel.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

I booked Le Petit Hotel after reading all the wonderful reviews online and checking out their gorgeous website.
I informed them in advance (when booking) that we'd be celebrating our honeymoon and once I'd booked, I emailed them looking for a restaurant recommendation but never heard back - fair enough. I saw how busy the front desk staff is!
When we arrived, there was a gentleman in the lobby complaining that his room had not been cleaned despite the fact he'd been gone all day. It was after 5pm, and the cleaning staff appeared to have gone home for the day. These things happen, I guess.
The room was as beautiful as shown on their website. Beautiful stone wall, fantastic shower, comfy bed, great aveda products. Bliss.
However, all those comforts don't mean anything when you can't sleep a wink. Between 11pm and 3am, the noise was loud, but a pillow over our heads meant we could survive it (how romantic on your honeymoon!) By 3am, however, as people spilled out of the bars, the noise was absolutely unbearable. People were shrieking at the top of their lungs. Groups of drunken men were singing as loud as they could. And it lasted until well after 4am. By the time we finally got to sleep, we were awoken by the street sweeper (!) going by just after 7am (on a Sunday!) We learned, however that the street sweeper seems to go by at that same time every day. Or at least it went by on Monday morning at pretty much the exact same time. And Sunday night was also a party night, if a little quieter than the previous night.
So all in all, it was a gorgeous looking hotel. The staff tried hard to make our stay enjoyable, but couldn't quite pull it all together (they were rather harried most of the time). Nor did they ever even acknowledge the honeymooner status. A simple "congratulations" would have sufficed considering I saw the email exchange I'd had with the hotel printed out with our reservation. The breakfast croissants were delicious. But nothing can make up for not sleeping. It basically meant we holed up in our room to try to catch up sleep during the day, but as another person mentioned, the lack of soundproofing meant that not only did we hear the unbearable noise outside at night but we also heard the people upstairs moving about, the cleaning staff, people going in and out of their rooms and the maintenance staff (?) making repairs or some terrible scraping noises. And honestly, I am not a princess, I've lived in downtown Montreal before and would expect sirens and some celebratory noises, but this was unbearable.
If you can sleep through anything, I would recommend it. Otherwise, bring earplugs.
And expect good, but not great service.

7  Thank OttawaTravelGal
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Our room was on the 4th floor and the noise from the air handling equipment made such a racket we could not sleep. I complained and the lady showed me another room at 11 PM. Even in this room a floor down one could easily hear and feel the air handling equipment noise and vibrations. We accepted another room on the third floor and noise wise this move turned out to be a real bad move starting at 1 AM to 4 AM. Think of a bar scene in full swing and you get the picture. This appears to be a recently renovated building but they forgot to incorporate sound proofing. More injury came in the morning when they charged us $ 207.95 for one night of hell.
For this reason I recommend find another hotel. We will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple