“Just perfect - loved it!”
Review of Le Petit Hotel

Le Petit Hotel
Ranked #3 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My husband and I travel extensively and have stayed at many high-end hotels in our travels. We've attempted the random boutique hotel and have had mixed experiences. That being said, Le Petit Hotel ranks right up there with the best of the best. This boutique hotel has it all - PERFECT location in Old Montreal, wonderful amenities, and excellent service. The bed is wonderfully comfy and the shower is just great! We really enjoyed our stay, and would happily invite the opportunity to return for another stay in the future. Thanks again! A & J

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Le Petit Hotel for 3 nights in March. The hotel is in the Old Quarter, surrounded by galleries and a number of great restaurants (we would recommend Garde-Manger which had great food but a little less formal than some of the others surrounding). As other reviewers, we chose to stay in the largest room type and were put in 208. This was a wonderful room with two exposed brick walls, a lovely big bed and seating a plenty. The staff, as others have said, were very, very helpful and we were recommended a number of great places to eat, taking us into other areas of the city that we wanted to explore, but would not have otherwise. The communal areas are what you see in the pictures on Trip Advisor: small but beautifully presented (more of a quick stop than somewhere you would necessarily relax for an hour or so, as in larger hotels). The only things I would change at Le Petit Hotel would be to have coffee making facilities in the rooms and also a guide for tv channels, how to work the wii, confirmation of check out times etc.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scottishwestcountry
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Le Petit Hotel for a 2 day business/pleasure trip last week. We know that section of Montreal quite well, so knew where to look for the hotel.

It is petit, but lovely, and could use a bit better sign-age in the front.

Our room, 208, was HUGE. In speaking with the staff I understand this is not typical.

We enjoyed the hospitality. The breakfast buffet was good. The staff were very helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be there. There's no restaurant, but there are many good ones in the area, so it's not an issue.

We will certainly go back there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve_and_Megann
Reviewed March 8, 2010

After doing much research on what hotel to chose for my wife's b-day I finally chose Le Petit after reading such great reviews...Before I even booked the hotel I called and spoke with Andre Joly who was very helpful and answered several of my questions and sent me an email about their spa packages. Upon arriving around 1130pm I was met by Marc Andre who immediately welcomed us. I booked the largest room in the hotel which was a loft with high ceilings, trendy furniture and a comfortable bed. Unfortunately when we went to bed we noticed the room was stuffy and it didn't seem like the thermostat was working to control the air in the room. Sure enough when we awoke we were very stuffy and congested. I looked up and saw that the AC filter looked very dirty and clogged. The front desk was very helpful and sent a maintenance guy up and he proceeded to take the filter out and and acknowledge that looked liked the problem. After returning later that nite and entering the room it didnt seem any better. I went to the front desk and the gentleman was very apologetic and immediately offered me another room accross the hall to sleep in for the nite and to leave our stuff in our room until the am in which they would send another tech out to try and fix it. They seemed to get it working for awhile the next day but again at nite there was a problem. We decided to open the window and deal with it. Upon check out the staff was very apologetic and credited my account basically a free nite which was very nice. Overall what stood out about Le petit was the staff ...which great! They made suggestions on good restaurants and places to shop. There continental breakfast was great and coffee was outstanding! They even bring it up to your room if you'd like! ..After commenting on how good there coffee was they wrapped a gift bag up for me!..great touch!.....Anyway I would definately stay at Le Petit again and could see why there ranking is #1!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAKEandLUKE
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I agree with the other reviews.
This is a great hotel at a great location, close to everything but still quiet. The bed was huge and comfortable and the bathroom was modern and had a great shower. We got a medium room and it was comfortable for two. (The only thing we missed was a soap dish! forgot to mention it to the staff...) The front desk staff were helpful and polite and the room was cleaned well and in a timely manner. Definitely a place we will stay at again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband and I really loved this hotel - and we are tough to please on that topic. Each aspect of the hotel was a pleasant surprise: The hotel is quite new, yet it runs smoothly like it has been in business for years. It is small, so the service was top-notch, yet it is luxurious with all the right amenities from the room bar, the breakfast, 24-hour espresso bar, Aveda bath products, the huge glass shower to the cozy, comfy beds. The decor is hip and modern but is balanced with the exposed architecture of the original structure - very modern, yet cozy and very Quebec. The desk staff was terrific and as much research as we did beforehand, they always had the perfect restaurant or brasserie suggestions when we needed them and made all of reservations for those and for their sister spa 2 blocks away. We enjoyed the breakfast that was included in our stay. You can eat in their cute in-house cafe or have it sent to your room at no charge! Croissants, homemade jams, yogurt, huge bowls of fresh fruit, cereals and toasts. We may like to visit Montreal during the summer at some point and would not stay anywhere else but Le Petit Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jvodesign
Reviewed January 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Le Petit Hotel in Nov. We loved the hotel such style and charm. Location was great in the middle of Old Montreal beautiful and so much to see and do around the hotel we loved this hotel and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple