“Amazing, oh my, just amazing.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Petit Hotel

Le Petit Hotel
Ranked #7 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing, oh my, just amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Let's keep this short and snappy: there is nothing to dislike about Le Petit Hotel. I had the pleasure to stay there this month for 6 nights for the purpose of a business trip and I had the greatest of rooms. Rue Saint Paul Ouest is the perfect street to go eat and have a drink in the evening and I thoroughly enjoyed the night walk.
The only slight downer is that in room 401 where I stayed - it's a big, studio-like extra large room - the wifi signal was very poor and therefore it made it quite tough to work from my beautiful desk up there. There are some spots where the signal is better than others so I had to move my way around the room constantly - but that really is minor when the rest was so good. I informed the hotel and they are aware of this, since this room is located quite up high compared to the other ones.
A must to stay at in Montreal - do not consider any other hotel!
Bedding was extremely comfy, hotel was very quiet, staff extremely friendly, breakfast delicious and varied, shower very modern with massage heads, and you can have a most excellent coffee in their café bit downstairs.
Really, what's to dislike?

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank FabriceN7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'm very picky about where I stay, particularly the room itself, so I booked the Xlarge room & really enjoyed my 2-night stay at the hotel. My room was spacious, clean and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable & I got a great night's rest! Yes, the check in took some time but I expected that based on other reviews. My check out was quick & the front desk staff were all very helpful when I asked to keep my bags there & return to pick them up after doing some shopping. The complimentary breakfast is simple - yogurt, cereal, bagels, baked goods, coffee, tea, juice - but they'll make you a latte or cappuccino if you like. It's a conveniently located boutique hotel which is reasonably priced. I will stay here again for my next visit & highly recommend Le Petit Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SamiGA
Tamworth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed the for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was wonderful - very nicely done. Great location - exactly the right spot to stay to wander around the old town. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jill S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this charming hotel for several nights in October before boarding a cruise ship. Every moment was delightful. Our room was comfortable. Free breakfast was excellent. Mini bar selections, wine, and snacks provided in the room were very reasonably priced. Fresh, flavorful coffee was free and available 24 hours a day (plus one free espresso a day). We found dozens of restaurants within easy walking distance and were able to manage our five bags on the short, two-block, downhill walk to the cruise terminal. Staff was friendly and even helped us find a city tour with pickup at the hotel; they made our reservation and arranged for pickup at no extra charge. With such expert assistance, it would be easy to self-tour all of Montreal from Le Petit Hotel. We will definitely return next time we visit the city.

Room Tip: Room 204 is a great value. Use of space is brilliant, so although the room is small, it doesn't...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CapeCodTravelWriter
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in October. Great location in the old town, walking distance to everything, we even walked as far out of the Old City as University and Mount Royal peak. However the hotel itself didn't leave a great impression, although it certainly had design/boutique feel to it:
- check in was very slow; the guy (who also had pretty bad body odour...) took forever and seemed to just be staring at whatever was on the desk in front of him without doing anything to speed up the process;
- the room was cold on arrival late at night; when trying to turn up the thermostat, it would emit a super loud noise like we were about to fly off somewhere together with the room;
- mattress or mattress topper on the bed was lumpy and not comfortable to sleep on
- very small bathroom;
- bathroom fittings and furniture in the room are starting to show age and some are in need of sprucing up, considering the nightly rate you pay you expect everything to be nice
- one day, my husband had to take a work call and so couldn't leave the room until 2PM - the room was not cleaned that day at all (which we were OK with) - but the specifically requested fresh towels were not delivered
- breakfast is very limited

On the plus side, the guys who helped us to check out were efficient, and called for a can quick as well. They also smelled fine ;)

Won't return to this hotel as there are many other located just as spectacularly in the Old City, so I'd try something else next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lmitravel
Petit-Hotel-Mtl, General Manager at Le Petit Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Imitravel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I was concerned to read about your experience and wanted to offer my apologies, as this is not kind of experience and service we are known for. I have reviewed all the points with my team and proper actions have been taken.
Furthermore, I invite you to get in touch with me personally as I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and make things right the second time.

Joëlle Beaulieu
Hotel manager
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We loved our experience.
The place is beautiful and the staff was great. It's a bit hard to find a place to park but they can take care of it for you. They even let us keep our luggages there after we sign out so we could visit the beautiful place that is Old Montreal.
The breakfast was very good. The room are clean and nicely decorated. You do hear people talking in the elevator and the hall from your room but the staff kept it quiet.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are very small but the larger rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JF M
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

If you want a little piece of France in Montreal this is a great choice. The staff are friendly and responsive. Rooms are delightful with raw stone walls and a great multi-spray shower.
There is a wonderful European breakfast and I was surprised and delighted that croissants and coffees are available throughout the day.
I was there alone and I would suggest that you are careful that you do not have a room on the first floor that looks out onto an alley ( although a charming one!)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo