“Nice hotel and would stay there again.”
Review of Le Petit Hotel

Le Petit Hotel
Ranked #4 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Minneapolis, MN
“Nice hotel and would stay there again.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

There for a conference and wanted something away from the monster chains. Room was as pictured and also had free wi-fi and breakfast, as advertised. Pastries for breakfast were fantastic. Room was nice and I liked the blend of old and new. Furnishings were very IKEA-like (I like IKEA). Room 101 was noisy at night as adjacent to lobby - would request a different room next time.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MinnesotaDude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Peterborough, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A charming, modern boutique hotel on rue Saint Paul in the heart of Old Montreal. It turned out to be the perfect location within easy walking distance of city center attractions and the harbor. The staff were marvelous -- courteous, charming, and very helpful. We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and thought that it was the perfect, special occasion, hotel. While it is on the expensive side, we thought that the chic modern decor and excellent service made it worth the expense.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David R
Annapolis, MD
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel location is amazing and just minutes from the subway,waterfront, and restaurants. The staff was was extremely helpful with directions and recommendations. Valet parking was a little pricing but im sure thats more because of the prime location and not the Hotels choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adigitalcure
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I rated this hotel before I knew what they were capable of. After our supposedly "relaxing" vacation at this hotel, my boyfriend and I came back to find that this hotel and its management only cause us stress. Upon our departure we paid a large amount of cash that covered two nights stay in one of there higher end suites. FIRST OFF the staff that checks you out have no clue what they are doing. The guy couldn't even count the money we gave him and keyed in the wrong amount, having to refund and re do the check out. Two days after we got home the hotel charged my boyfriends Visa card the same amount making them DOUBLE BILL us. I had to call the hotel about 5 different times to speak to a manager. When I spoke to the manager of the hotel "Joelle" I explained to her they double billed. She said she would get back, the next day she called and said that she could not find my boyfriends Visa card that he used as a hold on the hotel and they had no records of it, neither did the company that holds the credit cards. At this point we now have them telling us there's nothing they could do and we have to contact his bank which is ridiculous. My boyfriend went to his bank scanned them the receipt showing that we paid cash. During the investigation process the bank had informed us LE PETITE HOTEL HAD A TRANSACTION NUMBER FOR THE DOUBLE PAYMENT so they lied to us. Without us knowing (I'm guessing once the bank went after them) I was refunded the full amount on MY Visa card that I used to book the room with. So now it looked like we didn't pay. So my boyfriends bank informed of us this and I checked my statement. LE PETITE HOTEL only refunded my card because we caught there double billed scam. And to the bank it looks as if he was claiming something for no reason. This hotel is scam and made our lives so stressful when we came back we will NEVER go back and suggest you don't either. Or if you do WATCH your credit card statements carefully. How does a hotel claim they have no records of a Transaction and then refund the money on my card so technically we did not pay, making the payment that came out on my boyfriends card valid. They were very sneaky and probably were able to double bill people who are not keeping track of there credit card records. We are VERY unhappy with there service.

• Stayed March 2013
9 Thank MariaNanton
Petit-Hotel-Mtl, General Manager at Le Petit Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear MariaNanton,

Let me apologize again for the inconvenience and confusion you encountered upon check-in. I appreciate that you reached out to me to after your stay to clear out questions you had about your billing. The impression I had from our last telephone conversation was that the confusion regarding this billing had been cleared. I wish you would have called me again to further discuss it. I would like to take this opportunity to explain our side of the story and set the record straight.

Let me start by saying that our team strives every day to provide exceptional service to our guests. I believe that numerous reviews on this site can attest that. Our guests’ satisfaction has always been and will always be a priority of ours. In that regard, we use secured and sophisticated computer systems to ensure all our financial transactions are handled properly and legally. We made all the necessary verifications in our system, with our bank and with the company that processes our daily transactions to our bank. Nothing irregular came out. No activity records were found on your boyfriend’s credit card. As we discussed over the phone, your stay was paid partially by cash, and partially with your credit card.

I invite you to contact me again should you desire to discuss this issue more in depth. If your problem has not yet been resolved, I sincerely hope I can help in any way.

Regards,

Joëlle Beaulieu
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Le Petit Hotel four nights and found the staff very pleasant and helpful. It is a great location in Old Montreal. Our room was very comfortable and modern. The only drawback was the parking. We spent $30 a night. I guess there were other alternatives but it was convenient and the hotel got our car for us whenever we needed it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VicFrank1
Lenox MA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great service, great location, great rooms, good value-- a wonderful boutique base in the Old Port, near Chinatown and the Convention Center, walkable almost everywhere. Friendly helpful staff, highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjt119
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night in January. The physical space itself is beautiful - I loved the combination of exposed stonework and modern furnishings. The hotel is very quiet - we slept in after a late night and did not hear any noise at all. The location is perfect - we enjoyed the lovely neighbourhood of Old Montreal and it was very conveniently located to many exceptional restaurants. The staff are very friendly - we enjoyed the services of the late night 'cafe' (wine, beer and snacks) and the daytime offerings of coffee and pastries. Definitely visit this hotel while in Montreal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple