$218
$121
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$152
InterContinental
$415
$403
1,186 results
All reviewscroissantsmedium roomold montrealspecialty coffeexl roomcontinental breakfaststone wallsfresh fruit saladrue st paulamazing showersmall hotelhighly recommend leperfect locationlarge roomsister hotelart galleriesrestaurant recommendations
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had a wonderful time at Le Petit Hotel. The staff is very attentive and very helpful with suggested restaurants in the area. We were in a larger room facing the street. While the room itself was quite comfortable, it could be quite noisy at points due to late night revelry. We will definitely return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Magellan123
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We truley enjoyed our stay at Le Petit Hotel in Old Montreal! Great room - complete with old stone walls, beautiful bedding and wonderful Breakfast! Location was perfect for Old Montreal!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCOshawa
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Having just returned from a 5 night stay at this wonderful hotel, I am still struggling to find anything that I did not like about it.

We initially had a room at the rear of the hotel but were disturbed from around 7am by building works close by so requested a move to a room in the front of the hotel and the management were only too happy to make this happen for us. I think that the noise from the building site is intermittent and we were unlucky as there was an over enthusiastic scissor platform driver going up and down the street with that annoying beeping noise that comes from commercial plant when reversing. The second room (207 I think) overlooked the street and had dual aspect views out of the 4 large double windows and noise from the street was virtually non-existent.

The hotel is located in what must be one of the nicest streets in the city, plenty of great restaurants and galleries to enjoy. My wife and I stayed in what is termed a "large" room which was very comfortable, stylish and thoughtfully designed. The bed was amazingly comfortable and we came to refer to it as the marshmallow because it looked so appealing and every time that we returned from a long walk it was immediately dived upon for instant relief from aching limbs. We also had the benefit of a desk with chair and light as well as a small dining table with two chairs. The bathroom contained a powerful shower and although not huge, was perfectly adequate and stylish. There was also plenty of storage, a mini-bar and safe in the room. The TV had plenty of channels and although the picture quality could have been better, it was fine and there is so much to see and do in Montreal that TV is just a minor distraction.

We had Wifi and Breakfast included in our room rate. Breakfast was basic but all of the ingredients were fresh and good quality. The breakfast area could be a little nicer as it is a bit cramped but this is really just a minor point that could probably be resolved with some fresh decoration/lighting and a new seating plan (turning the tables through 90 degrees would help).

The staff were excellent throughout and worked hard to ensure that we were comfortable and had everything that we needed. Check-in/out was a breeze and they kindly booked Cirque tickets for us as our iPad could not access the Cirque booking site (requires Flash). As an aside, Cirque was brilliant and is just a short walk from the hotel.

The rooms were kept very clean and the hotel was clearly well maintained. Maybe the towels could have been a little more generous in size but that is about it for complaints.

I have stayed in a lot of very nice hotels but there are few that I would return to without hesitation and this is at the top of the list and I hope that I do get to return at some point.

Finally, I would like to pass on my thanks to all of the staff both front and back for helping to make our stay so enjoyable, you are a credit to your profession.

Room Tip: Check on the status of the building works if being assigned a room at the rear of the hotel, especially if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank scol2000
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Room 306 faces an alley and was quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The decor modern or contemporary? The platform bed, headboard, and night shelves are black. The orange desk chair and relaxing chair are both orange. Sounds weird, but it is really nicely put together.

The desk area is black too as is the wardrobe.

What a great shower!!!!

Service is friendly, professional, and helpful.

Breakfast is included. The croissants are wonderful. There is cereal, bread, yogurt, and fruit on the buffet, but no protien. You won't go hungry!

Our only complaint is that they give you only one small piece of soap. Not all people use body wash so the one small piece of soap doesn't last long. Ask and they will give you more...shouldn't have to ask though! :-)

Valet parking is $28 night.

Le Petit is in walking distance to the port, basilica, other sites, and may fine restaurants. Holder (continental) on McGill and Stash Cafe (polish food) on Rue St. Paul Oest were reasonable as compared to Barocco (spanish) that was pricey. Each of these restaurants we can highly recommend.

Take a carriage ride!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fudgbug
Petit-Hotel-Mtl, General Manager at Le Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear fudgbug,

We appreciate that you took the time to write this detailed review. Thank you for recommending great features of our hotel such as the shower, the continental buffet breakfast and the service provided by our wonderful team. It seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, as well as some of the best restaurants Old Montreal has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you again should your travels bring you back to Montreal.

Best regards,

Joëlle Beaulieu

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was here with my spouse for a 3 night stay at the beginning of May. The trip was part business, and part pleasure.

First- the overall pros and cons:
Pros:
*Perfect location in Old Montreal. Perfect! Close to everything, but away from the strip of so-so bars and restaurants. Close to lots of great places to eat, walking distance from anything you want to see or do, or catch the subway...or whatever.
*Staff is very friendly and always pleasant.
*Hotel has a great look, as everyone else has described.
*Breakfast was fine and perfect for a start. Not substantial, but fresh bread, fruit, yogurt, etc.
Cons:
*Contruction at back of hotel while we were there was noisy, but we got there on Friday and left on Monday so when they started up at 8am on Monday we were already getting ready to leave so it was no big deal.
*People coming out of bars on the weekends can be noisy. We requested a room in the back and still heard a bit, but not bothersome at all for us (I wear earplugs!)

Now the change in stars.....the ROOM!

Our first room was a medium room on the second floor (202, I think...facing the back alley...which was fine because we asked to not be up front). When I walked in, I thought....what the heck were people on tripadvisor talking about? Besides looking charming on the surface, the room was dirty, dingy, and we had 3 issues in the first FIFTEEN minutes:
1. The first time we flushed the toilet, with nothing in it, the toilet clogged up (they came to fix it)
2. The safe in the room didn't work, and needed to be reset (they fixed it)
3. The bed frame was broken and squeaky. Not just a little, if you moved slightly, it was loud and horrible. Unbearable, really. My husband thankfully fixed it (mostly) by pulling it out and tinkering with the loose parts.
The bed was not comfortable. It was worn, with a dent in it. Things were dusty, bedside tables were scuffed up, dents, etc. really gross.
Needless to say, I wasn't happy....but I wanted to give it a chance, so I told my husband that we would stay one night and see how it goes. After that, we were moving rooms or moving hotels.

Oh, and the wi-fi in this room was HORRIBLE. You could barely get on.

The next day we both took showers and went down to breakfast. When we returned there was water coming up OUT OF THE WOOD FLOORS!!!!!! If you stepped on it, the water would squish between the slats!!! This was by the wall outside of the bathroom. Obviously from a leak in our, or the shower above us.

We called the desk, and after some discussion, they moved our room. No one seemed too upset, and it was clear from the look of the floor that this was not the first time this had happened, although they said it had been fixed for a long time.

So, we moved up to another medium room on the 4th floor, 2 floors above our old one (402) and it was like NIGHT and DAY!!!- this room was clean, it was quiet, the wi-fi was great and worked perfectly, the bed was extremely comfortable and didn't squeak. No leaks! No dust and grime! No issue!! The room was slightly larger and the ceilings were high...but it was the fact that it was clean and significantly better maintained that sold us.

Later that day the management sent an apology letter and a 1/2 bottle of wine. That was nice. Frankly, I think they should have comped our first night after everything that went on in that other room.....but there is no way that I was going to ask for that, so there was no adjustment on our bill.

So, in summary...the place would have gotten 2 stars if we ended up with a stay in the first room, and 5 stars if we would have started in the 2nd room. That is why they ended up with a 4!

I would certainly stay there again if I could stay in the same room on the 4th floor.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ladyleah

Dear Ladyleah,

I would like to offer my most sincere apology, as the entirety of your stay was not up to your expectations and our standards. We strive to provide exceptional experiences to our guest and we were not able to deliver for the first night our your stay. While I’m extremely sorry about the inconvenience and discomfort experienced on the first night, I am glad that we were able to rectify the situation and provide up to the standard accommodation for your second night with us.
After your review was posted, your feedback was shared with all our team and appropriate actions were taken for that a situation like that does not happen again.
Thank your for sharing your feedback. I would love the opportunity to welcome you again at Le Petit Hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly should you like to discuss your past stay more in depth or would like to plan a future stay with us. I will personally handle your reservation process and oversee the details of your stay.

Best regards,