“Great food!”

Burritoville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Our Mission is to nourish; through providing a space open to all who love food, music and art. Our meals are homemade using organically grown and locally produced foods. We minimize waste through composting, recycling and using biodegradable packaging. We endeavour to promote other like minded small businesses and give back to the community and world around us.To stay updated about events, specials, holiday hours, etc., like us on Facebook! (/burritovillemontreal)
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been wanting to try their food for some time now after I heard that they had some safe options for people who eat a gluten free diet. My husband and I went around 9 PM on Friday and were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful old house that was transformed into Burritoville and the quaint earthy feel of the restaurant. Although they were out of their soup of the day which indicated it was gluten free, they did have delicious tacos to choose from and the person at the cash told me almost all of their sides are gluten free.

I was warned that they do cook their tacos on the same surface as the menu items that contain gluten but I have never been very sensitive to that type of cross contamination so I decided to go ahead and risk it. I got a sweet taco with sweet potato, beens (and some other ingredients I can't remember) as well as the quinoa salad on the side. The taco was AMAZING! So full of flavor and the gluten free taco shell tasted home made and delicious! The quinoa salad was also good and a refreshing side (I tasted lots of lime) to the tacos.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Based on my quest for vegetarian and Mexican I found Burritoville and it was one of the best meals I have had ever.. And in Montreal! Incredible combinations, quinoa salad, chips and salsa.. Only thing lacking is a great homemade margarita.
Unique people, quaint local feeling atmosphere. Not your typical tourist trap. I will be craving the black bean and sweet potato burrito for months to come.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Great quality food, everything tasted freshly made. Not a great value for the amount of food but that seem to be case everywhere. This is a "place your order at the counter" kind of place so don't expect a sit down restaurant. Service was quick and friendly. Just a note, No meat dishes are available.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend as it was near our hotel, found really great food here and we were surprised it was completely vegetarian. The burritos are also very interesting from the burritos we are used to in Toronto, the wrap was pleasantly crunchy. Portions are a bit smaller than we are used to. 9/10 would munch again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The best burrito in Montreal: their sweet potato burrito on whole wheat tortilla served up with homemade guac and salsa and fresh, crunchy corn chips for $12. Often they have poetry readings or music in the evenings. This is my fave late-night place downtown.