“Try the ribs”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: de Maisonneuve
Transit: PEEL METRO (exit Stanley street)
Description: Quality is the sum of hundreds of details. Some are small, many are subtle, but none are unimportant. The bottom line is pleasing the customer. The open kitchen is where the magic happens every time you come for lunch or supper. Using the freshest and finest ingredients, our cuisine is based on tastes that are ever evolving and reflect the influence of a variety of cultures not to mention the flavors of our city. Patrons can enjoy perfectly aged steak grilled to perfection, succulent ribs basked in mesquite B.B.Q. sauce, or try our daily fresh fish, followed by any of our irresistible desserts.
Laval, Canada
“Try the ribs”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The downtown Stanley resto is always a nice place for ribs. This restaurant is very central and whenever we have out-of-town guests staying downtown, this is one place we enjoying going to. All staff wascourteous and helpful, and the atmosphere was pleasant and not too noisy. Their salads are also very good. $ is average.

• Visited November 2013

Ottawa
“the salad was good....”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

we went here for dinner while visiting MTL and was sooo disappointed!!

the service wasn't good and the food was bad :( I had a steak that was so tough and over cooked veggies that were so blend!! the only good thing about my meal was the salad. and it sucked cuz our bill was $141 :(

will not be going back!

• Visited November 2013
Great White North
“I would have rated this higher......”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel concierge as we were looking for a steak house nearby that we could walk to.

We arrived early enough and had to wait a few minutes at the bar before being seated and we were given a booth in the front part of the restaurant. In hindsight, we should have asked or waited for a table instead in the dining room area behind the bar because there was a large group of about 15-20 gentlemen seated by the windows and as the evening progressed, they just got louder and louder. Understandably, they were also having a good time but at the expense of the other diners who were also there the enjoy a nice evening out.

My friends and I rated the food top notch.

We all started with the ceasar salad (my friend loves ceasar salad and thoroughly enjoyed theirs) then one had the Chilean Sea Bass and the other had the Surf and Turf as did I.

The steak was melt in your mouth and while I would have liked a larger rock lobster tail, I probably would not have enjoyed it as much because of the loud group.

I went to see the manager about it and what I thought funny was that he said he'd already asked them to tone it down a couple of times. Really? It didn't work and they got louder the more they drank and I guess they were spending quite a bit of money there, but how about the rest of the customers?

The manager offered to move us only after I went to see him about the noise. It would have been nice if the manager went to the tables around the group and apologized for the noise, and perhaps offered coffee or dessert to make up for the inconvenience. I'm sure that would have been appreciated.

We left after dinner instead of lingering because the noise was also giving us headaches and went somewhere else for coffee and dessert and to rest our ear drums.

I would consider going back because the food was really good, but I think I will try other places first and this would be a last resort until then.

• Visited October 2013
Oshawa
“awesome!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. It was an upscale restaurant without the super-sized upscale price.

Visited October 2013
Ontario
“Awesome dinner!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We ate here with 2 seniors, 2 adults and 2 children! We all had different things, and all left stuffed! After a long day of touring, we were hungry, and were served right away. Our drinks were always refilled, and our food was piping hot! This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at the Omni Mont-Royal, and it was a good suggestion. The creme brulee was made for four! The beers were large, and so are the meat portions. Our waitress even showed us the dishes that we had questions about. She was very friendly, and seemed to enjoy her job! There is steps to get into the restaurant! Clean bathrooms, and the restaurant is large. We made a reservation just in case, we didn't need one that night, but we were covered!

• Visited September 2013