“I've Definitely Tasted Better... Much Better”

Firegrill Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #114 of 5,947 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: de Maisonneuve
Transit: PEEL METRO (exit Stanley street)
Description: Quality is the sum of hundreds of details. Some are small, many are subtle, but none are unimportant. The bottom line is pleasing the customer. The open kitchen is where the magic happens every time you come for lunch or supper. Using the freshest and finest ingredients, our cuisine is based on tastes that are ever evolving and reflect the influence of a variety of cultures not to mention the flavors of our city. Patrons can enjoy perfectly aged steak grilled to perfection, succulent ribs basked in mesquite B.B.Q. sauce, or try our daily fresh fish, followed by any of our irresistible desserts.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I were wandering the streets of Montreal, came upon Firegrill, and decided it was worth a try. Bad call. The coconut shrimp appetizer was not nearly up to par, and had absolutely no flavour without the sauce. One of the dishes ordered was the rack of ribs, and although they were fairly moist, the sauce was heavy, not overly flavourful, and did not measure up to the numerous rack of ribs I have eaten in the past. The fries were terrible, and the favourite side was, believe it or not, the cinnamon apples. My wife was not impressed with her burger either, and did not enjoy it. Being individuals who cook with very little salt at home, we were very surprised to find the food almost flavourless, as we almost always find food salty when we eat out. I did not find the service particularly good at all, and the atmosphere was nothing spectacular. Overall, my family and I have eaten much, much, MUCH better food elsewhere.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Tried the pecan and cranberry salad the waitress suggested it was excellent, as an American I was really impressed with the service and well treated at this restaurant. Service was great.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

To be honest, I wouldn't go back. Though the service and atmosphere were good, I wasn't fond of the food. Everyone else at the table seemed to be enjoying it though, so maybe I just picked the wrong thing off the menu.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I visited Montreal for the Gran Prix and found this excellent restaurant on Stanley the food was excellent on both visits and they make wonderful strawberry Diquari's the staff were very helpful our waitress was outstanding explaining how to access the underground city and helping us to find other parts of the city we will be back

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tried this restaurant near my hotel based on trip advisor reviews. I knew before I arrived that I wanted the ribs so I didn't have a long look at the menu. I was taken to a booth that felt a bit dark and isolated(I was alone). So, here is my tip - I asked about a half rack of ribs as I found the price for the full rack to be on the high side and I also wanted a veg of some kind and knew this would be too much food, as well as even more expensive. The waitress generously explained that if I sat at the bar there was an option to have a smaller portion or ribs - not half but smaller. It was also substantially less pricey. As I was unhappy at my lonely table anyway, I moved to the bar which was comfortable, had a very friendly and efficient bartender and a nicer atmosphere. I ordered my ribs which were good, nothing to rave about, but good. Fries were very good. The plate was plenty of food despite the "smaller" rib portion and I added in the slaw which was also good. I treated myself to dessert - apple cobbler - which was tasty but a bit heavy - and enormous! The ice cream was a bit icy. Overall I enjoyed my meal. Glad I paid the bar menu price and not the full whammy.

Been to Firegrill Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!