“Blissful!”

Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal
Ranked #3 of 89 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Unwind with the scandinavian baths and massages experience and the thermotherapy : sauna, hydrojets bath, and cold bath, steam bath, relaxation areas - Juice bar - Share your experience by offering gift cards
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a great night at the Scandinave Spa. The baths were a wonderful respite from the cold Montreal air. We each had a Swedish massage- my massage therapist, Louis, was excellent. He had a deep touch that released all my tension and stress.

I loved that the place was small and intimate. The no talking policy helped create a serene and peaceful environment. I have been to other bath houses but no other has been this relaxing and enjoyable.

The only criticisms I have are: 1) not enough showers. They should have regular showers in the main area for people to rinse off before going into the baths since the three showers in the locker room were often occupied and 2) by the end of the evening the robes that we were given to wear felt cold, heavy and damp. It wasn't very comfortable to wear them while lounging. It would be great if either they could find a way to keep them warm when hung up or install some heat lamps in the lounging area.

That being said, we had a wonderful evening at the Scandinave Spa. We left the place completely blissed out and happy. We will definitely be back the next time we go to Montreal!

1  Thank sunshine_d
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear sunshine_d,

Thank you for your kind review!

We're proud to have been on your itinerary while visiting Montreal and hoping you've enjoyed it.

About the showers, thank you for your suggestion. It's true that we have three showers, but usually the waiting is not too long. Concerning the bathrobes, it will always be a pleasure for us to offer you a dry one if you ask for one. Or, it's always recommended to bring with you a towel for you dry off between the cycles.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montréal.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I had Scandinavian couples massages and did the baths on our anniversary. The massages were heavenly and we both loved the hot bath and the eucalyptus steam room. One tip for couples is that since there is no talking once you leave the entryway, you need to decide what you want to do beforehand. There are multiple choices for heat (bath, steam, sauna) and cold (bath or shower) and rest areas (all over the place). We did not find the quiet room rest area (in back right corner) until the very end, then we both promptly fell asleep in there. The people at the front desk were super nice. There was some brief construction noise during our massages, so we were each given another free visit to the baths! Honestly, the noise did not bother us at all, but we didn't say no!

3  Thank lindencraig
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Hello lindencraig,

Thank you for your kind review!

We are proud to know that you chose Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montréal to celebrate your anniversary with your husband. Our mission is to offer you an amazing and relaxing environment and we are glad that you have enjoyed your massage and baths experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit at Scandinave Spa Vieux Montréal.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this place. The bath circuit, the massages, the friendly staff, the clean facilities…I could go on and on…This place is an oasis away from the awesome-craziness of Montreal. Whether you pop in for the circuit, or simply for a massage, I always leave feeling rejuvenated. BONUS -- Most of the practitioners can provide you with a receipt so that you can claim the expense with your health plan.

2  Thank WorldTraveller514
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hi WorldTraveller514,

Thank you very much for your review! You are right, our mission is to offer you an amazing and relaxing environment, an oasis in Montreal, but that seems to be away from the city.

Also, thank you for pointing out that all our massage therapists are registered and can provide you with an receipt.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit.

Relaxing Regards

Reviewed November 24, 2013

After the drive from Toronto, the 90 minute deep tissue massage I booked was just what I needed. Nathalie is nothing short of amazing! When I first looked at her, I thought that there's no way she'd be able to give me a massage comparable to the 6'4" male therapist I see in Toronto - I was wrong! She is hands down the BEST massage therapist I've ever had in all my years. I'm not exaggerating when I say she's worth the visit to Montreal for a massage! She was sweet & professional and came into work that day only for my massage since deep tissue is her specialty.

The spa itself is also fantastic & conveniently located in the Old Port. I visited on a Wednesday night so it was quite busy. The circuit of hot to cold is great with a selection of steam room, whirlpool or dry sauna. There's also a juice bar for the rest period. The space is small & clean & the staff is friendly & helpful. Definitely worth checking out.

3  Thank SamiGA

Hi SamiGA,

Thank you very much for your review! We're proud to have been on your itinerary while visiting Montreal. We'll hopefully welcome you again for your next massage experience with Nathalie!

Relaxing regards

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a spa in Old Montréal that is clean, well organized and can be enjoyed at your own pace. Good welcome. Great explanation of their services and where everything is located. It is not a large space so easy to figure it out in person. They have a rubber bracelet that opens your locker which is pretty cool. European style as it is getting hot, then cooling off quickly and then relaxing. You repeat this process as much as you want. The swedish massage was excellent and worth the money. On a bad note, there were a lack of extra towels in the women's changing room. Surprising for a spa to run out of clean towels. It is very quiet which is much appreciated. You can do a soaker pool, steam bath or dry sauna.

1  Thank AirSchis
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

HI AirSchis,

Thank you very much for your review ! We are proud to read you have enjoyed your experience. As for the towel, our staff is supposed to fill the changing room with dry ones, and we give new towel on demand as well. Unfortunatly, there were no towels when you came and we are sorry for that. On your next visit, do not hesitate to ask for new ones, it will be a pleasure for us.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit in Montreal.

Relaxing Regards,