“Massage and baths both wonderful”

Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal
Ranked #3 of 81 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Unwind with the scandinavian baths and massages experience and the thermotherapy : sauna, hydrojets bath, and cold bath, steam bath, relaxation areas - Juice bar - Share your experience by offering gift cards
Knoxville, Tennessee
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Massage and baths both wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I had Scandinavian couples massages and did the baths on our anniversary. The massages were heavenly and we both loved the hot bath and the eucalyptus steam room. One tip for couples is that since there is no talking once you leave the entryway, you need to decide what you want to do beforehand. There are multiple choices for heat (bath, steam, sauna) and cold (bath or shower) and rest areas (all over the place). We did not find the quiet room rest area (in back right corner) until the very end, then we both promptly fell asleep in there. The people at the front desk were super nice. There was some brief construction noise during our massages, so we were each given another free visit to the baths! Honestly, the noise did not bother us at all, but we didn't say no!

3 Thank lindencraig
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello lindencraig,

Thank you for your kind review!

We are proud to know that you chose Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montréal to celebrate your anniversary with your husband. Our mission is to offer you an amazing and relaxing environment and we are glad that you have enjoyed your massage and baths experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit at Scandinave Spa Vieux Montréal.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Sooooooo relaxing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this place. The bath circuit, the massages, the friendly staff, the clean facilities…I could go on and on…This place is an oasis away from the awesome-craziness of Montreal. Whether you pop in for the circuit, or simply for a massage, I always leave feeling rejuvenated. BONUS -- Most of the practitioners can provide you with a receipt so that you can claim the expense with your health plan.

2 Thank WorldTraveller514
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hi WorldTraveller514,

Thank you very much for your review! You are right, our mission is to offer you an amazing and relaxing environment, an oasis in Montreal, but that seems to be away from the city.

Also, thank you for pointing out that all our massage therapists are registered and can provide you with an receipt.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit.

Relaxing Regards

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“For a serious massage, book Nathalie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

After the drive from Toronto, the 90 minute deep tissue massage I booked was just what I needed. Nathalie is nothing short of amazing! When I first looked at her, I thought that there's no way she'd be able to give me a massage comparable to the 6'4" male therapist I see in Toronto - I was wrong! She is hands down the BEST massage therapist I've ever had in all my years. I'm not exaggerating when I say she's worth the visit to Montreal for a massage! She was sweet & professional and came into work that day only for my massage since deep tissue is her specialty.

The spa itself is also fantastic & conveniently located in the Old Port. I visited on a Wednesday night so it was quite busy. The circuit of hot to cold is great with a selection of steam room, whirlpool or dry sauna. There's also a juice bar for the rest period. The space is small & clean & the staff is friendly & helpful. Definitely worth checking out.

3 Thank SamiGA
Hi SamiGA,

Thank you very much for your review! We're proud to have been on your itinerary while visiting Montreal. We'll hopefully welcome you again for your next massage experience with Nathalie!

Relaxing regards

Vancouver, Canada
243 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“European style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a spa in Old Montréal that is clean, well organized and can be enjoyed at your own pace. Good welcome. Great explanation of their services and where everything is located. It is not a large space so easy to figure it out in person. They have a rubber bracelet that opens your locker which is pretty cool. European style as it is getting hot, then cooling off quickly and then relaxing. You repeat this process as much as you want. The swedish massage was excellent and worth the money. On a bad note, there were a lack of extra towels in the women's changing room. Surprising for a spa to run out of clean towels. It is very quiet which is much appreciated. You can do a soaker pool, steam bath or dry sauna.

1 Thank AirSchis
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
HI AirSchis,

Thank you very much for your review ! We are proud to read you have enjoyed your experience. As for the towel, our staff is supposed to fill the changing room with dry ones, and we give new towel on demand as well. Unfortunatly, there were no towels when you came and we are sorry for that. On your next visit, do not hesitate to ask for new ones, it will be a pleasure for us.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit in Montreal.

Relaxing Regards,

Émilie M.
Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Truly an urban oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently I am curious about spas, and I 've been here twice in October (bath access x1 and bath+swedish massage x1)and once (bath+lomi-atsu massage) in November. I can't help but compare it with the other boat style spa in the Old Port, where I went in October. Although that spa boasts a panoramic view of the Old Montreal, I dislike it for: small locker space, poorly maintained site, rude staff , noisy environment (even on a weekday morning), and the inconvenient indoor traffic flow.

When I visited the Spa Scandinave, I can always fully relax. Located in the heart of Old Montreal, the spa is truly an urban oasis. The check-in is fast and efficient, and they have a separate coat check area and a well-equipped locker room (bigger locker of course). In the spa, time flies with the serene ambience, friendly staff, while the interior area is easy to navigate. This spa is well maintained too, because I always see staff working around. As for the massage, both therapists I met are quite friendly and professional. I will definitely come back soon!

2 Thank JY198011
Spa-scandinave, Guest Relations Manager at Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi JY198011,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind review ! You are right, our aim is to offer you a relaxation experience out of time and we are proud you have enjoyed it ! We have a loyalty program, do not hesitate to ask for it on your next visit !

We hope to welcome you soon and thank you

Émilie M.