“Simply wonderful!!”

Ranked #366 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat here after reading a small sidebar in the Globe & Mail. We happened to be in Montreal and were looking for good meals. We didn't plan on having a special meal, but threw caution to the wind when we saw the menu and couldn't decide between one yummy sounding item to the next. So, we decided to go with the tasting menu and wine pairings. WOW! Simply amazing! One amazing dish and wine pairing after another. Service was the best I have ever experienced. We were given wine choices and all except one was fantastic. When I said I didn't like one wine sample, it was no problem. The waiter asked what I didn't like about it and brought me something else, which I loved.

I felt completely comfortable speaking English and the staff was very welcoming from the moment we arrived to our departure. The meal was not cheap (but we chose the most expensive option) and the entrees were reasonably priced ~$25-30. The atmosphere was very relaxed, no white table cloths, and in a neighbourhood far from downtown - so few tourists except for us who ventured out happily!

I have to say, this was one of the most memorable meals I had in 20+ years.

My only complaint... I felt very comfortably full when finished the 5 courses and was ready for dessert. They brought a pre-dessert and a full dessert soon thereafter. That was too much! I didn't know there were 2 desserts and wouldn't have finished the first one had I known!!

2  Thank lotusland_traveler

Reviewed May 28, 2013

great food and service in a small not upskale retaurant where the food matches the quality of very expensive restaurants at a more reasonable price

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went for another experience àt le St-Urbain on Fleury and it was again an excellent treat with the wine matching the foods.
The degustation menu is a must.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Well, if you are not introduce, you won't find it! what a shame. In an unparticular Montreal area, here is a place were FOOD is the EXPERIENCE! On a snow storm day, we had a wonderful hearthwarming soup, and perfect SCALLOPS - as if we were in the Maritimes. They own a bakery, so the bread they serve you is THE BREAD! Will definitively go BACK for more! Enjoy

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Restaurant without going downtown. Close to TMR. Good wines, creative menu. A little noisy. Reservations imperative. Been several times. Always well prepared and tasty. Fish done to perfection, lamb served as ordered. Rarely can get last minute reservations.

2  Thank beyond5a