“Worth the detour..”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Worth the detour..”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This "restaurant de quartier' (neighborhood restaurant ..) is located in the Ahuntsic district - (North part of the city) and even though we live on the south part (Ile-des-Soeurs) we drive the extra miles regularly to eat there, since we know in advance we will eat very well. We like to go for lunch but sometimes for dinner. This Chef is great! Uses biological fruit and vegetables. Excellent fresh fish and meat. The bread is baked in their own Bakery next door (where you can also buy your own bread etc..that is if you go during the day..) Presentation is excellent. Service is very professional. At least once you have to try their 'signature beignets' with fresh caramel sauce. A delight ! And it is very reasonably priced for this type of cuisine. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2011

Montreal, Canada
“Pretentious Sommalier and service”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

It was my first time at this bistro. Heard great food reviews ... all true !! Food was very good. A little noisy but that is Bistro style.
My only comment is the service. We were recommended by Sommalier the 5 tasting entrees at 50.00$ per person and she specifically said the wine was included.
We though that to be very reasonable, we were not that hungry and just wanted to taste the food and have a couple of glasses of wine.
We were four so we figured a bill of 250.00$ (4 x 50$ )plus the tip .... BIG SURPRISE It was more like 550$ plus the tip. The wine was not included. When we asked her about this she smirked and said the cost was not that bad and they will be putting up the prices.
Her attitude really ruined our evening. I would un derstand if one of us misunderdtood but all 4 of us ??? I am not certain we will want ot go back even if chef cuisine is good.

• Visited September 2011
Montreal, Canada
“A great corner bistro in the North end of town”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was my 4th visit, I figure it's about time I share this little bistro on Fleury Street, corner St-Urbain - hence the name... Food is prepared with local and sustainable provisioning, the choices are limited to 5 appetizers and 5 main courses that change on a regular basis, there's always something to choose from... The must have desert is a hot slate delivered table side with a beignet style stringy web of fried dough and a "to die for" salty caramel dip! The wine list is mostly made up of private imports and all selections, about 60 I'd say are available by the glass. The pricing is well structured as you could sample a couple or more glasses and end up paying only a slight premium over a single bottle.
The place gets a bit noisy, but that I can say is part of the "bistro" experience!!!
You'll need to reserve a table and take note that the place is closed on Mondays -
I learned this the hard way!!!

• Visited October 2011