“Very rude”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Perfect balance between french fine food and american plentiness. Good variety of natural wines.
MONTREAL
“Very rude”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Worst service ever. Alex (sommelier) was rude and condescending. After telling him that the wine he recommended was too acid and bitter he told me too bad and JUST drink it. He raised his voice to us telling us...what do YOU know about wine!!

We cancelled our main dish but were stuck eating our entree. After telling us that we were not happy with his service he threw us this the cheque in the middle of our entree. We paid and left.

We will NEVER go back and would not recommend this restaurant to my friends.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank MontrealGio

Montreal
“Plateau resto with chic and hip cuisine”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Never tried horsemeat? This is the place..Delicious!! (sorry Black Beauty or Flicka fans)..Also suberb sea bass and even vegan dishes..Only critique - Noisy+++, so come early. Don't forget to try the oysters..mmmm...

• Visited August 2012
edinburgh
“Incredible place”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We came across this place during the day (it's closed at lunch) and thought it looked great- we weren't wrong.

We have eaten in some fantastic places and this was another to add to the list... Fantastic atmosphere, ethos, service, food and wine. Just go... What are you waiting for?!

“innovative and trendy”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

everything about this place i like.
the food the service and the ambiance. casual yet sophisticated. aand the title says it all.

Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Chefs Opinion”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went to La Salle for dinner with 6 people and I must admit I was very impressed. Great service, not over bearing but attentive. I am a Chef and loved the seasonal menu offerings, food was very good, flavour profiles were bang on, seasoning was perfect, presentation clean and nice. I ordered 8 entrees to share with my wife so I could enjoy much of the menu and to be honest I enjoyed each one differently. the Charcuterie at $17.00 was huge in portion and their house cured meats were delicious. We ordered 2 bottles of red wine that I have never heard of that were both very good. After our meal they surprised us with grappa shots and you know what that last little touch made our night and is the reason I write this review.

Go there on a date or with friends you won’t be disappointed. The mains looked great but I totally recommend sharing every entree. Thank you to the staff there, I've eaten at all the Montreal hot spots and this is in the lead for me.

• Visited May 2012