other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Shelley C
“Poorly managed”
Reviewed July 7, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

The condo itself is basic but functional, but we had numerous issues with the management. If the condo had been managed better it would have worked fine for us and I would have given it 4 stars, but the problems we had severely impacted our experience in Montreal.

The condo itself has 1 large bedroom with a King bed. There is a full bath, small kitchen and dining/living room area. The living room has a sectional sofa which turns into a futon type bed, but it really only sleeps one full sized adult. Possibly 2 small children could fit but it is just a little larger than a twin size. The condo was in need of some maintenance - there are scratches on the walls and such, but it seemed clean. It is located in downtown Montreal near the base of Mont Royal. There are many restaurants and bars within just a few blocks of the condo building and downtown Montreal has a hopping nightlife, but the condo was quiet due to it's 15th floor location. Be aware that it is quite a long walk to the Old Montreal area of town and the Metro in this section runs East/West rather than North/South so Old Montreal and the Port area are not very easily accessible. There may be buses that run that direction but we didn't find them. There is also a bike rental station at the street corner which could be useful if you want to navigate Montreal by bike.

When I booked this condo 2 months prior to our stay I requested two items for an additional charge: 1) a twin rollaway bed and 2) parking at the condo garage. Both items were listed as options on the rental listing, but both proved difficult for this condo management.

The building manager Gabriel texted me check-in instructions two days prior to our arrival, but at this point we were already in Canada and I was not able to receive any texts while out of the country. I attempted to communicate with him via email or TripAdvisor but he was either not responsive or did not provide complete information about check-in. When we were driving to the condo about 6:30pm I called Gabriel and he said he would text the instructions to my son's phone (which was working) and that his associate Michael would meet us at the condo to deliver the keys at 7pm. However when we arrived Michael was not there. The doorman located a key and called Michael for me, who said he had not brought the rollaway yet but that he would deliver it that evening. Despite several attempts to contact both Michael and Gabriel we did not receive an uninflated air mattress (not a rollaway) until the following afternoon. At that point we still did not have bedding for the air mattress - that did not arrive until approx 10pm on our second night. My son slept on the laminate FLOOR our first night. We tried to be understanding that we arrived on a Canadian holiday (Canada Day), however the management had 2 months notice that we required an extra bed and Michael should not have promised to deliver it the first evening if he was not able to. I am furious that we paid so much for a condo for my son to sleep on the floor, and to make matters worse neither Michael nor Gabriel EVER apologized to us for what was a major problem for our stay.

We also never received parking for our stay. Michael said that they could not provide parking because they were sold out, but I had reserved a spot two months in advance so I'm not sure why they didn't save it for us. We were lucky enough to find free parking in front of the building the first 2 days, but there are only a couple spaces there. The remaining street parking is metered and while free overnight, requires a $6 fee every 2 hours during the day. This meant adding money to the meter frequently throughout the day. There is a Montreal parking app but we would have to go to a location with WiFi in order to access it remotely, so needless to say this was very disruptive to our day as well as quite expensive. If the management had honored both requests that I made 2 months prior to our arrival our stay in Montreal would have been much smoother.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing