“Nasty attitude, no wireless internet” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of C C Cherrier

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
C C Cherrier
Ranked #88 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Nasty attitude, no wireless internet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

I arrived at CC Cherrier at the time I said I would, climbing steep stairs with my luggage, standing in the cold 10 minutes ringing the doorbell and calling the host Stephan on my cel - no answer. I left, wandered aimlessly with my luggage, then again up the steep stairs, rang the bell. Stephan finally answered and when I mentioned I'd had to wait, he actually shouted at me and told me I was wrong. I have travelled all over the world and have never experienced such rudeness. For a woman travelling alone it was particularly scary. His behaviour the rest of my stay was barely civil. I was never told about fridges with juice, free bike, never helped with my luggage. I was on a work trip and beforehand, asked specifically by email whether there was reliable wireless in the rooms and he guaranteed there was. Well, I tried several times - nothing - and had to lug my laptop around the neighbourhood looking for a wireless cafe ( he had no suggestions). I entered the password in front of him and showed him the message saying there was no wireless. The next day at breakfast he said to me, "Everyone else got wireless ok" as if it was my fault. I felt uncomfortable the entire time I was there. There are many nice b&bs in the neighbourhood, I would recommend any of them over this one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LadyAdventurer67

Families
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

CC Cherrier was a great place to stay while visiting Montreal. Stefan was a super host- supplied maps, suggestions where to dine, where to cycle. Very flexible about leaving car.... PARKING included! This is key in Montreal.
We stayed in the Yellow room one night and enjoyed the breakfast included and two nights in the studio apartment below the main B&B. The apartment was great - bedroom, bath, livingroom and kitchen. Very clean and comfortable. Fixings for coffee were available and even yogurt in the fridge. This location is great, walking distance to everything.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

CC Cherrier is a beautiful B&B and is designed and decorated to be warm, inviting, and relaxing.

The owner and host, Stephan, is very friendly and knowledgeable about the city. The breakfasts he prepared each morning were amazing! Lots of fresh fruit, something hot and tasty to go with, and great coffee (tea, milk, water, and plenty of juices as well). There is also a fridge on the main floor that is full of water, juices, and soft drinks for guests anytime of the day. Couches and comfy chairs throughout home make great places to read a good book.

We stayed in the Green room, lots of little extras such as toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving cream, etc that you wouldn't expect even from a higher end hotel. Bed was comfy, shower strong and hot, and ample space within the room. I believe all 4 bedrooms have their own private bath, so I think we would've been happy with any of the rooms. Stephan had just finished rebuilding the deck on top of the building, a great place to sit and have a drink and overlook the surrounding city.

Free parking, use of Stephan's 2 bikes, and umbrellas at the front door waiting for you .... not much is overlooked here. Metro stop is around the corner, so a 2 minute walk and a quick underground ride will get you where you need to go quickly and inexpensively. Montreal's bike system, BIXI, has a bike stop less than 1/2 block away as well. There you can rent a bike for very little, and drop it off at the multitude of stations all over Montreal whenever you get to where you are going.

Thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at CC Cherrier and wished we could have made it longer. Definitely would stay here again when we come back to Montreal!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

This was a great find. Every place I called was booked. When I called here asking for a room, the owner (Stephan) said their were no rooms but the private apartment downstairs was available at $115 a night. That's just a few bucks more than the rooms. It was a modern chic apartment with a private entrance, very comfortable bed, a couch, flat screen TV full kitchen, bathroom, even a washer and dryer. Things were impeccably clean and comfortable. There is free parking in the back and the owner asks that you if you leave your car, you leave your key in case your car needs to be moved.

The apartment is right next to the Sherbrooke Metro station and a block from Rue Saint Denis and the popular Cafe Cherrier, and just blocks from Rue Saint Laurent with many more shops and restaurants, the Parc Royal neighborhood, Parc la Fontaine, and the Latin Quarter. It's a wonderful location. The apartment doesn't come with breakfast. I only interacted briefly with the proprietor, Stephan, who was straight forward and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2010
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

I'm fairly obsessive when it comes to researching places to stay...spend almost as much time doing so than on the actual trip. I read reviews here before going and saw a generally good place in a good location with some concerns about the friendliness of the proprietor. I booked anyway, risking the 'friendliness' because there were few B&B spaces left in town because of the Jazz Festival and we definitely wanted the B&B experience.

We stayed 6 nights. From the get-go everything was perfect. Stefan, the proprietor was INCREDIBLY nice to us. He spent a good deal of time right when we arrived, helping us with our luggage, orienting us to the facility and giving us information (verbally as well as maps and brochures) about Montreal.

There are so many free extras at CC Cherrier. The bathrooms include a basket of free medicine cabinet items, there is a small refrigerator in the common room stocked with bottled water, sodas and juice boxes that you are free to take from throughout your stay, parking is free (a big deal in Montreal), there are numerous umbrellas available to you to borrow for free if it rains, there are 2 bicycles on hand for you to borrow for free if you'd like to use them to navigate the city, there is a no-shoes in the house policy but free slippers are provided for you to use if you'd like, unlimited free wireless internet, free tourist maps, guidebooks and brochures...it goes on and on.

The breakfasts...it i worh staying here for these alone. Many times on websites you see pictures of food at restaurants or bed and breakfasts even and, like in advertising, the real thing doesn't quite equal the pictures...in this case what you are served matches the beauty of what is presented on the website. Stefan has 10 menus and he rotates through them each day alternating between sweet (homemade waffles, French Toast etc) to salty (eggs, omelettes, etc) each accompanied with among the freshest fruits and berries I've had. So many Bed and Breakfasts or hotels offer just a continental breakfast...this is a full breakfast along with as much bread, many different cereal options, milk, tea, coffee as you want.

The attention to detail at CC Cherrier is evident everywhere...there are 6 sets of plates, napkins and table cloths that are rotated through. The rooms are impeccably clean, very modern, largish flatscreen TV's and cable in every room.

You are very close to a metro stop to get you anywhere and/or a block away from Rue St. Denis with it's many restaurants, bars and shops.

Stay here. You can't possibly go wrong. This was our first trip to Montreal, when we return, we would not consider staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Holden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

We recently had a vacation in Montreal, Kingston and Toronto. The CC Cherrier was not only where we stayed in Montreal, but it was bar far the best of the three B&Bs we stayed in during our vacation. The daily breakfast was even better than what you’ll see on the website. In addition to a variety of fresh fruits and eggs/French toast/waffles at least six different juice options, eight dry breakfast choices along with hot coffee and great assortment of teas and breads are offered each morning.

Our guestroom, the Crème room, was wonderful. Although it was on the second floor just off the breakfast dining area it was very quiet. Stephan, our host, always set the breakfast table the night before so there was minimal morning noise. This was the only B&B we stayed in that offered an amenities basket of soaps, shampoo, mouthwash, cotton swabs, etc. Many first class hotels don’t offer such a selection. The queen bed was the most comfortable we slept on during our trip. A wardrobe/armoire held all of our week’s clothing out of sight and orderly. The desk and chair with free Wifi were also a plus. Although there was a TV in the room we only used it once to check the weather. The only thing missing was a chair to sit in while reading. However the sitting area located just past the dining area was a bright airy spot for reading and chatting with the other guests. The entire B&B is air conditioned so you are comfortable as soon as you walk in the door.

Stephan was rebuilding the roof top deck so we were unable to take advantage of it. We did check it out and could see the Cross on Mont-Royal in on direction while the summer Saturday night fireworks would be viewed in the other.

The location of the CC Cherrier is great. The walk to the Metro, which will take you anywhere in Montreal, is less than five minutes. We chose to walk everywhere. Parc La Fonataine is at the end of the street. Old Town Montreal is less then a half hour walk away. A five minute drive brings you to Parc du Mont-Royal. Speaking of driving, the parking is free at CC Cherrier.

Stephan is very accommodating and full of knowledge about where to go and what to do. He recommended an area of restaurants where you can bring your own wine (nice way to save some money).

We highly recommend the CC Cherrier and will return.

Paul & Kayte

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

Stayed in the loft...the surprise on arrival was breakfast was not included at the CC Cherrier... quote from host 'I'm already making breakfast for 16 guests " he was amazed he did not tell me this... the space had a kitchen stocked with almost nothing but what others left behind...

the other shock.. when i reserved i asked for the the total rate with taxes in but that wasn't the rate charged ended up 40$ more..the host has an interesting view of details...there is parking but your car is in lock down for your stay... another quote "you won't need your car"...

internet in the loft ..'yes' if you crouch down in the kitchen and tilt your lap top...

note that host (stephan) does not like to send confirmation e-mails...

the good news found a few really wonderful spots in the area for brunch so i would recommend the area just not the inn until there is a change in(lack of) care in inn keepers...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends