“Always a treat”
Review of L'Orignal

L'Orignal
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Orignal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 5,881 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Notre Dame
Transit: Were between stations McGill and Place D'Armes
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I love this restaurant and go every time I am in Montreal. I heard there was a new chef, so I was a little apprehensive, but those doubts were unfounded. I went twice in one week. The service is outstanding, the menu still imaginative, prepared and served attractively.

1  Thank WJC50

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Funky yet 'classical' decor. Service impeccable with just enough of friendly chat without falling in the nosy/invasive trap. Wine list with quite a few private imports. A bit pricey: should everything be 5-10$ less it would be at a fair price but the pricing reflect the Old Montreal tourist area. Bathrooms are very not up to par with the rest of the ambiance and desperately need attention. Would recommend and definitively visit again for special occasions. Also the disposition of the room is ideal: the spacing between the table is ideal for privacy and no elbow fighting with your neighbors.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for years. I go every time i am in Montreal. It is always like heaven in your mouth and has a fantastic atmosphere. I could give a more detailed review, but there seem to be many already. So just go, relax and wear pants meant for eating cause you won't want to stop!!
Kimika

Reviewed February 8, 2013

While this place is conveniently located, it is a little difficult to find for the uninitiated (we ran into a lad who was lost).

Good food and nice menu which has a good selection. Drink menu was unique and the caesar I led the dinner with was tasty and not too spicy or salty. The service is good, with appropriate pauses and good timing to courses. The game I had was done to right cuisson, but the crust was a little too charred. It happens. Didn't detract from the meal at all.

Desert menu is eclectic.

Overall good night.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

There are so many great restaurants in old Montreal, that it is always a tough decision, and now I have to add another to my list. I am familiar with restaurants that specilaize in game in Western Canada and the US, but what a nice surprise to find a really good one in Montreal. It is small and intimate so in busy season book well in advance. I went in -30 degree weather and the restaurant was pretty full. My colleague had the soup and lamb, and both were very good. I had the venison carpaccio and the grilled bison and both were excellent. A little pricey perhaps, but the quality did not disappoint in any regard. The creme brulee was one of the best I have had, anywhere! Game on L'Orignal, I shall be back.