“High expectations, disappointing service”
Review of Petros

Ranked #2,302 of 6,694 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighborhood: Beaconsfield
Neighborhood: Beaconsfield
Reviewed September 15, 2018

This was our first visit after several failed attempts to get a reservation. We had heard very positive things about the restaurant so had high expectations. The quality of the food did not let us down. We ordered a variety of spreads to start then the grilled shrimps as our main course. It was all perfectly prepared and delicious. Unfortunately, what prevents me from providing a better review was the service. We had to request a bucket with ice for our wine three times. Our main course was brought out while we were still having our starters and our waiter was nowhere to be found after our main course dishes had been cleared. So much potential but so disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Best grilled calamars and grilled octopus I ever ate! Well served. Good service. Bring your own wine formula. Not inexpensive but I don’t mind when the food is delicious.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Food- 3 stars
Service- 2 stars
Decor- 3 stars
Value- 2 stars
We were 2 couples and sat on the balcony. Beautiful evening and looking forward to a nice meal. That unfortunately was not to happen. First off, no tasting menu like their Griffintown location. Instead, I guess they figure the lack of competition in Westmount allows them to gouge clients. $22 for a small plate of calamari and $18 for a plate of zucchini chips. Tzaziki was flavourless as well. The real kicker was their $55 rib steak. It was inedible because of all the sinew. I decided to give up on it half way through it and when I mentioned it to Cosmo, our waiter, his response was,"you’re the first one to complain," really. Was charged full pop. Certainly won’t be back to either location. My friends weren’t impressed either. Something must be wrong if you have a 3 star rating. Save yourself the aggravation and go to a real Greek restaurant.

2  Thank Lawrencek220
Reviewed August 11, 2018

We were there for dinner on a Friday night. The place was packed and you definitely need a reservation.

The decor makes you think of Santorini wwith the white and blue tiles. The food was OK. We had the octopus and fried zuchini as entrees. Then we had the sea bass and grilled shrimps for main course.
The food was OK, a little but bland without any savor. The price was very high for these dishes. I huess we are paying for the location.

We will not come back not because it wasn't good, just because there are so amny more choices in Montreal.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

I think I was caught up in the hype.

Petros was ok, the food was average, service not so good.

The look of this Greek tavern is super then you are hit with the plastic laminated menu, oh why.

The food was basic and nothing to write home about.

The signature lobster was not available on our visit and only when paying the bill, after dining, did the server suggest shrimp could have been substituted.

So that is the story of Petros, it could be a great place but the pieces just don't seem to work together yet.

And the service was really pretty poor.

All in all this is not a place I will run back to.

What was nice was the fact you could talk to friends and because it is a loud place nobody can hear you.

Great look but they still need to work on delivery.

Date of visit: July 2018