“Le Gite Dezery”
Review of Le Gite Dezery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Le Gite Dezery
Ranked #21 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Another wonderful stay at the remarkable Gite Dezery with the marvelous host Gilles. The rooms are very clean and well-appointed with a different decor and theme in each one. Sumptuous breakfasts are included in your stay, and after eating one, created by Gilles himself, you can skip lunch and not eat again until dinner time. I visited again in early June this year and will definitely be going back for another wonderful two or three days of lodging in the near future.

Ken from Toulouse

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ken M

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm a return guest and had another wonderful experience at Le gite Dezery. Gilles and family, as well as staff, make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Rooms are well-appointed, super clean and inviting. And, breakfast....prepared by Gilles himself....is always different, memorable and delicious. A perfect place to stay when visiting lovely Montreal.

"Triple A" Tony

Room Tip: All the rooms (and apartment suite) are great. One of the three upstairs rooms is smaller than the o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tony T
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I spent three nights at gite Dezery and was most satisfied with the room which was spacious, very clean, well lighted and overall very comfortable. Gilles was a great host, very helpful, has a nice sense of humour and served delicious breakfasts a pleasant dining room. The neighbourhood is also very nice with trees and parks. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lydia M
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have continued to return to Gite Dézéry over the last decade. Gilles and Chantel Lord have created a warm, friendly atmosphere not to mention the comfortable and attractive rooms. There are four rooms and an apartment you can choose from. Each accommodation is themed as to decor and theme. The neighborhood is residential, quiet, with easy street parking or behind the Gite. Close by are a mega supermarket, state liquor store, bank with an ATM, and a few walk able restaurants. Finally, Gilles is an affable, engaged host and can make an excellent breakfast. You would be hard pressed to find a better choice than Gite Dézéry.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bellotaPittsburgh
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here one night during our Montreal mini-moon, and we were well satisfied with our stay. The owner was friendly and helpful (and willing to speak in English, to our relief), and the room was cozy but clean and nicely decorated. The bed was a bit hard, but that's a matter of taste. And the shower was a challenge: the shower head was a wand mounted near the tap, with no way to affix it any higher, which was unusual but manageable (and having never stayed in Montreal before, perhaps this is the norm there, we couldn't be sure). But the location was a reasonable walk from a Metro station, a bank and a grocery store, and there was free parking on the street in front, plus a little parking area in back, though it's tricky to navigate. (Enter from the street behind Dezery: turn into the first alley on the left, then turn right and go down the alley until you see it on the left.) Overall, I'd recommend this place as a decent option if you're looking for a B&B in Montreal that's a little removed from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently stayed at Le Gite Dezery from Sept 17-21 2012. I am a frequent business traveller and I have stayed at many a hotel/motel. I decided to make a change this trip to stay at a Gite (bed and breakfast), my only requirements for staying at a BnB was that it have internet access and free parking. One thing you don't want to have to include on your budget is paying $25 to $30 dollars a night to stay in the city. You could always stay in the outskirts, but then you are a little far from the action of the city. Le Gite Dezery had both of those criteria, plus it had an awesome home cooked breakfast!! The gite owners are Gille and his wife. When I made the booking, I informed them of my arrival time. I arrived at the gite and I was greeted with a warm friendly welcome. I was shown my room (I stayed in the Art Deco room) and was quite impressed with the accomodations, it was exactly like the pictures on the website. Gilles had remodeled the whole house and it looked amazing. The bed was comfortable and the couch was a great place to read at night. The room also had a nice little balcony that I enjoyed during my stay. The area where the gite is located is quiet and nice to walk around. It is very close to the Metro (10 min walk) and it provides easy access to the downtown core. If your looking for food, there is a Loblaws close to the gite, there is also a 24 hour greasy spoon restaurant called "Miami Cafe" (the food is alright :) and if you walk about 15min or drive about 5min to Rue Masson, there are numerous restaurants and bars in that area. I enjoyed my stay very much at Le Gite Dezery and when I return to Montreal either on business or pleasure, I will enjoy the hospitality of Gilles and his family again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank heyrye72
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to get the apartment for 2 nights on very short notice. The place is spectacular! A beautiful, spacious one-bedroom apartment with a full, incredibly outfitted kitchen, two balconies and amazing attention to details. Gilles has remodeled the entire house and everything is gorgeous. The apartment does not include breakfast, although Gilles kindly offered coffee, and there's a grocery store about a 5 minute walk away. The apartment is so beautiful that our first night there, we went and got dinner at the grocery store to eat in instead of going out. We hope to visit again and maybe get a room that includes breakfast, but the apartment is well worth it, especially if you're looking for a home away from home. It is perfect for 1-2 people.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple