“Perfect place for a treat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Creperie Chez Suzette

Creperie Chez Suzette
Ranked #67 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Framingham, MA
“Perfect place for a treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

After a long day of disembarking from our cruise ship, enjoying the Hop On/Hop Off tour & walking what seemed like every street of Old Montreal, we stopped in for a late lunch. Since we had indulged ourselves for the past week, we decided we would consider this our "one last splurge" before pulling out the Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers guides to get back on track. ;-) So, we ordered French Onion Soup, small Caesar salads and, of course, dessert crepes. The food did not disappoint! The soup was hot and cheesy, the salads were crisp (although they could have had a bit more dressing), and the crepes were HUGE! The service was okay… not outstanding or overly friendly, by any means, but sufficient and efficient. Would we go back? Absolutely.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“yummy crepes, huge portions in vieux montreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

very nice crepes and huge portions enough for 2 hungry people. Drinks were also very good. Good choice for desert and coffee not main meal. Fast, friendly, and professional service.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank esperanza-wanderer
Harvard, Illinois
“A disapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a very small little restaurant and I was hoping for a really fantastic crepe. It has the look of a place that will surprise you with a great amount of flavor and something with a bit of pizzazz. Not so much.

The sign on the wall advertised various espresso and hot chocolate drinks. As it was a cool, rainy day, I ordered one of the espresso drinks. I was told those specials were from the Fall and not available anymore. I was there the end of May, surely enough time to remove a sign that was half a year old?????

The waiter just stood around in front of the pick up window the whole time I was there. He was facing my direction, so it was a bit unnerving to be stared at the entire time. Again, it is a small place, but still.

My Brie and apple crepe was a let down. It was pretty, but there was hardly any brie to be found in it. It was mostly apples. It was pretty tasteless actually. I have not had a lot of crepes, so maybe this is how they taste? I used more maple syrup on it than I had wanted to, just to give it some flavor.

I would not go here again that's for sure. For $13.95 a bit more brie would have been expected.

• Visited May 2014
Central NH
“Indifferent service, disrespect, terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Firstly, I speak French but evidently, they wanted me to feel that my French was terrible and acted as if they didn't understand me. English wasn't much better. There were people from the State of Georgia, US next to me so I know they got their order filled. There were three parties in the entire place (all with tables next to each other) and it took them fifteen minutes to provide a tiny glass of water. We were about to leave when the attitudinal waiter showed up. Long story short: the three-cheese crêpe was a rubbery, hard blob in a few strewn crêpes. I couldn't finish it; hungry as I was. There was no promised salad. There was no offer of more water. When the rain threatened. All that they could do was start cranking closed the awning above us and scrambling and shouting. Who cares about customers eating or needing a check or anything else, right? No offers of shelter. We spent out last moments in town running through rain with sick stomachs.

• Visited May 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Fine for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I went here for lunch soon after arriving in Montreal. He had Coquilles de Mer and I had a chicken and fruit main course salad. Both were good. Would probably not go here for anything but lunch.

Visited May 2014