“Superb hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Shelter Island, New York
“Superb hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Spent two nights July 25 and 26. Staff is delightful; couldn't have been more helpful or lovely. Chose this hotel because of favorable reviews and its proximity to Chinatown and Old Montreal. Beds are super-plush but I found the mattress to be too soft for my 6' 0" tall, 240 pound body. Still, I had a fine stay - and reasonable tariff - at this 5-star lodging.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank iNipples
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear iNipples, I believe that being hospitable and welcoming is the key to a great stay away from home. I am very thankful for your feedback and will make sure to pass along your good words to the associates. Au revoir,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Erin, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is great. It is close to the old streets of Montreal where the shopping and restaurants are fabulous! About a 20min walk from Saint Catherine Street where all the big named stores are located. The room was spacious and clean. Food in the restaurant was wonderul. Definitely would return to this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you kindly for your review, jodyandrob. I am happy you took advantage of our location to make the most out of Montreal. Looking forward to welcoming you back,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I requested them to clean our room later because we had the privacy note on the door earlier. They never showed up. Then I requested towels, and still nothing! Then later we called again, then finally they brought clean towels! It took three calls to get room service! Terrible!!! I would expect since we were preferred members we would get quality service, but heck no!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Gloria, thank you for having taken a moment to share your feedback about your recent visit. I am sorry it took three calls to get your room cleaned. Obviously, we aim to deliver as soon as we get a request, and I will review what may have happened with the appropriate team. I sincerely hope you spent a lovely time in Montreal nevertheless as I look forward to welcoming you back at Le Westin. Sincere regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Love this Westin hotel. The Le Westin is centrally located within walking distance of the train station,major shopping and on the doorstep of Old Montreal-cobbled streets and boutique shopping. There are also a mirade of restaurants and the great waterfront nearby. Le Westin

is super clean and modern with an adequate indoor pool and adjacent cold plunge pool and hot tub. Great staff and service. We always stay here for our annual trips to Montreal. See you next year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank Dr Rich M
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Merci beaucoup Dr. Rich. Your feedback is much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back next summer. Take care,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin Montreal and had a very pleasant stay. Rooms were smaller than I expected, but very nice with typical Westin furnishings and very comfortable beds. Our room had a flat screen tv and we were pleasantly surprised it had channels out of Boston. Our room looked out into an alley which was not the best, but I'm sure many of their rooms have better views.

The hotel has multiple towers which was confusing to find our room at first but the staff helped and it was simple to navigate once we found our way.

All the staff we found spoke fluent English and were caring and helpful. The workout room was very nice along with a great pool area with an interesting glass bottom that looks down into the area that cars pull up.

The hotel location was extremely close to the Old town with many quaint shops and restaurants and connected to the underground city as well. We thought the weather was quite chilly for August and were thankful we brought our jackets. Other tourists weren't so lucky and had to make a quick purchase of sweatshirts.

My husband had a great visit to Montreal and at the hotel. Overall we were very pleased and would stay at this at the Westin again on a future visit to Montreal.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your lovely comments about the hotel and staff. I wish we could also work on the outside temperature, but then it would not be Canada anymore. Looking forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for a winter jaunt? Be well,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Love this hotel. I'm from Montreal and can tell you for a fact that the staff here represent the very best of Montrealers. Warm, friendly, efficient and sophisticated. All of them. From check-in, to concierge, to valet, waiter, bartender and the kid at the pool.

In fact, I sometimes feel after coming back from a European vacation, which we did this year, that the hotelier students (and employees) of Europe should come to Le Westin Montreal for some lessons on how it's done right. They all speak at least two languages, most speak more, and there isn't a lick of snobbery, attitude or carelessness. The manager must be doing something right because the staff also seem happy.

Now onto the bed. The bed! It's hard to leave it behind and see the city because the bed is so darned comfortable. My only criticism is that there was no shampoo in the room. Maybe this is a strategy for people like myself who got a skookum deal online--no shampoo. If so, that's their only mistake. Probably just an oversight or some ridiculous policy from head office.

For new visitors to Montreal, this is a superb location sandwiched between the gorgeous Old Montreal and the downtown Montreal (East) core. The metro is across the street so you can go anywhere but walking easily does it from here. The hotel pools can warm you up or cool you down after your day.

Truly delightful.

Room Tip: Well, we had a brick wall because, someone has to get the brick wall when it's busy. I guess ask...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear mac, it was with great pleasure that I read your review today. Thank you for not holding the shampoo mistake against us: it was a simple mistake and we will try to hit perfection upon your next visit. I hope you won’t mind me taking this opportunity to say how proud I am by every single member of our team. We are currently on our way to end our busiest summer ever since the hotel opened in 2009, and this success relies on the professionalism and the positive attitude of the staff. I am glad this is also what you remembered from your visit. Looking forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in your hometown,

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked a weekend here for me and my sisters for my 40th birthday (girls night out). The hotel building is conveniently located at a good distance from the busy St.Catherine street. It is close to the lovely Old Port Montreal. Our room was spacious for 4 ladies. The room was very clean too. Staff are very friendly and check in was easy and fast. We were on the 12th floor and our view was a brick building, horrible view. There is no self parking. You can only do Valet Parking at $30 per night, with unlimited in/out privileges. The elevators had an added security. To access your floor you had to insert your room card. Overall, I don't really see anything special or different about this hotel, compared to other Westins or Sheratons. It was just OK.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sheila T
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your Westin Montreal visit online, travels4soccer. I wish you a belated happy birthday and I hope we will get to see you for many others. Au revoir,