“Large spacious room shared with 2 others for a conference.”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #30 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Service at the desk was above and beyond especially during the calm between check in and check out. We decided to do the check out the night before our departures which would have been at different times. Wifi was easily restored with a call to the front desk. The Restaurant was exceptional, we had most of our meals there, the Chef was adaptable to food requirements and considering the large numbed of people we never experienced any problems.

Room Tip: Make your reservations early and talk directly to the people in the Hotel,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Mike H, thank you very much for your feedback. I will share your review immediately with the Front Desk and Chef’s teams. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

There are newer reviews for Le Westin Montreal

Reviewed March 26, 2014

love montreal,but who doesn't? could not wait for this latest westin to open in montreal. was there during it's first 6 months of opening. great locale,great food,friendly atmosphere and staff. they will go all out for you. it's quiet and relaxed. have stayed in 3 other hotels in montreal and this one is a favorite. beautiful room and super awesome bed!

Room Tip: get onto the club floor for some apps and drinks
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen W
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you kindly for your good words, Karen W. I am proud to read Le Westin made it onto your list of favorites! I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Be well,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed at LeWestin last week for three nights. It's a good hotel, your downtown but not on the main stretch so it is very quiet. It has a glass bottom pool which is fun for the kids. The down side is that for a hotel of this size and quality...there is no spa which is not a plus.
Room are okay, pt
Retry clean, beds are comfortable but the pillows are terrible.
All in all I might stay again, but there seems to be an awesome hotel. Ext to it that I would try. I think it's the intercontinental.
This hotel is a bit overpriced for what they offer, parking is 30$

Room Tip: Ask for government rate if u can
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you kindly for your review, D G. We appreciate your feedback, and remain confident that Le Westin will remain your hotel of choice. As for the spa, there are many great options in this part of town which our concierge will be delighted to point out for you. Sincere regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Location: Nice hotel divided up into a few sections. Regardless of which wing you are in you are about a 10 minute stroll to China town, 5 minutes to Notre Dame, and abut a 30 minute walk to the old Port.

Room and hotel: I have 2 main complaints, 1) check in or anything related to the front desk takes forever, they just don't have enough people working during busy hours. I remember having to catch my plane and it took the valet about 30 minutes to pull my rental despite calling for it ahead of time. 2) My other complaint is the elevators take forever, and they are small. So don't be surprised to wait 3+ minutes or queue up for a ride upstairs from the lobby. The rooms are of good size, not all had tubs which we required because we had children, the hotel staff happily switched rooms for us.

Amenities: The pool is advertised as a selling point but it is super crowded. The adjacent gym is nice but apparently there's no gym etiquette here as there were several shirtless men working out. No need to dine at the hotel unless necessary, old Montreal and Chinatown are just minutes away and the quality and variety of food will be better.

Overall: 6.5/10. The location is great if you intend to see old Montreal but there are a handful of other hotels that offers this perk, Intercontinental next door for example. You can also stay at the Hyatt Regency a few minutes away and be more of a 'new' city vibe. I am sure others will share my concerns, the staff was generally helpful but I don't want to spend my vacation getting constantly queued up at the elevator or waiting for a valet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erin K

Dear Erin K, thank you very much for your feedback. We will work on your comments along with the Front Office team, and I am sure your next visit will be well over your expectations. Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just recently returned from a business trip to Montreal, and I couldn't be happier with my hotel choice. I had booked one of their Deluxe Corner rooms and got one on the 22nd floor with a great view from my windows. The mini refrigerator and the coffee maker in the room (even though the coffe pods there were past their best before date) were great additions to the room. It was also great to notice that the free internet connection actually worked with no problems.
The buffet breakfast was great and highly recommended, even though the coffee being served by the waiters were at times unnecessary as I sometimes had to wait quite a long time before the waiter even noticed me enough to ask if I wanted some.
The other small negative point was when I arrived at the hotel around 10pm and it was -15C/5F outside, it was only 17C/63F in my room. Even though I do like my room to be a bit on the cool side when going to bed, 17C/63F is a bit too cold, so had wait a while before I was able to take my coat off and go to bed. Also the stone floor in the bathroom was a bit cold for bare feet, so a pair of slippers in the room would be a nice touch as well.
Besides these few minus points, I will definitely stay at Le Westin Montreal the next time I'm in the city for business again. All the staff were friendlyand the location was just perfect with an entry to the underground city directly from the hotel, which in the winter months is definitely a major plus.

Room Tip: Deluxe corner room in the St. Antoine tower, especially the higher floors, have a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear timrau1, thank you sincerely for sharing your positive feedback and improvement opportunities. Comments such as yours are extremely helpful in our day-to-day operations, and be ensured we will do everything in our power to make each of your visits an inspiring one. Be well,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was extremely pleased with thsi excelelnt hotel. The staff was superb.They were professional and extremely attentive. They clearly excel in customer service. The room was very nice and comfortable. The location was very convenient to downtown. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Sam B, thank you kindly for recommending Le Westin Montreal. I am very pleased to read your comments about the associates and I will make sure to share them along. Be well,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The stay was fantastic, staff helpful and very friendly! The concierge, Chantalle was terrific!! So helpful and cheerful! Our rooms were very comfortable as were our beds! The location of hotel is central to the city so made sight seeing very easy.

• Stayed: March 2014
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you kindly for your good words, Acsachs. I am happy to read you enjoyed your visit. It will be a sincere pleasure to assist you in making the most out of your next Montreal jaunt. Be well,