“One of the worst Westins I've ever stayed in”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“One of the worst Westins I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel is centrally located, but that is about all it has going for it. The rooms do not feel clean, we had a view of a wall, the food was close to terrible, with the exception of breakfast. We were there for my husband's a business meeting. And, as I said, the breakfast buffet was the best thing about the whole experience. The food served for lunch and dinner was terrible. I honestly don't know how else to describe it than to say it was bad- almost inedible. In a town known for food, one would not think this could happen. The service was adequate. It seemed like a cheap renovation had taken place but it was obvious that it did little to improve the overall impression. You can walk to many places from this location, but there are several hotels in a row right there, so I suggest you try one of them.

Room Tip: Be sure you have a room with a view. Try the newer wing- we were put in the old one, maybe it is bet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear D M, thank you for providing me with your valuable feedback. I am sincerely sorry to read the food was not up to your expectations. As you mention, Montreal is known for the quality of its food, and we at Le Westin take great pride in selecting the finest ingredients for our guests. If you have a moment, a call to our Director of Food and Beverage, Mr. Larreur, would be much appreciated and assist us in reaching your expectations. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience encountered and I hope we will get the pleasure to take care of you again at Le Westin.

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Toronto
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I lived in the Le Westin Montreal for nearly two and a half months when I moved to Montreal.

Room quality and service were very good as would be expected from a Westin, where Le Westin Montreal went further was;
1. The breakfast which had a fantastic balance of healthy options with nice things to treat oneself at the weekend.
2. Gym is excellent
3. Westin Workout service

Location is great, lots of options for other restaurants and bars in Old Town directly behind the hotel. Also in the deep cold of the Montreal winter taxis can enter "indoors" right to the entrance door so no step into ankle deep snow first thing when you arrive. Also access to the underground is helpful.

The only small point I'd raise is that the photographs of the pool are very misleading as in reality it's slightly larger than a big bathtub... Not really for actual swimming but seemed to be popular with young kids when staying with their parents at the weekend.

Room Tip: Request a high floor in the new tower... I personally love to ask for a view across the city
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian_B_IRL
Dear Brian_B_IRL, I hope you are enjoying your new life as a Montrealer. Thank you very much for your precious feedback; we are in the process of getting some new pictures done, and your opinion is greatly appreciated. I hope we will get the pleasure of welcoming you or your visitors back at Le Westin in a near future. Au revoir,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I can't imagine booking anywhere else in Montreal, especially for business. Le Westin is my first choice for all business conferences and events - love their attentive and professional team. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable, and clean. The available meeting spaces are not the typical, dark, closed off spaces in the basement. Also can't beat this location - walking distance to everything and a brief 20 min to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashley E
It is always a sincere pleasure taking care of you, Ashley E. Should we be in measure to do anything to improve your visits, please make sure to let us know. Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I spent 3 nights in Westin Montreal with my family.The room was clean and bathroom was nice and spacious. The indoor pool was also clean and nicely maintained (My 4yr old son loved it). The parking was free with valet service and their staffs were really professional. It was nicely located in Old Montreal. The metro station is very close to hotel and Montreal Chinatown is in walking distance. My family enjoyed staying at Westin Montreal.
I would RECOMMEND this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank monsieur_park
Thank you for your recommendation, monsieur_park. I am happy your family enjoyed itself and I hope we will get the pleasure to welcome you back very soon. Be well,

Fox Point, WI
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Le Westin has fantastic views of the city of Montreal. Very nice bar and restaurant adjacent to the lobby, nice wine selection in particular. I enjoy how the Westin brand has made their properties very modern and contemporary, just like this hotel. Perfect location mid-city and adjacent to old Montreal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you kindly for your feedback, FoxPoint22. I am happy you enjoyed gaZette’s wine selection and I will be delighted to welcome you back in the heart of Montreal. Be well,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Westin for 2 nights and it was a great way to finish off our 2 week holiday in Canada. The staff were friendly and made our stay completely stress-free. Our room on the 18th floor was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We especially enjoyed being able to check out at 3pm on Sunday. The hotel is in a great location and is within walking distance to downtown and Old Montreal. It has underground valet parking ($30/night) but when we were not using the car, we could get to the metro and underground city directly from the 3rd floor of the hotel without stepping outside (brilliant for those cold winter days!).

We would definitely recommend staying at Le Westin. Next time we must remember to bring our swimsuits to try out their pool!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheTimsingtons
I am very thankful for your comments, TheTimsingtons, and I hope that your whole Canadian trip as just as enjoyable. We are proud to offer our guests complimentary late check out on Sundays as part of the Westin Weekend. Hoping to welcome you back in a near future,

North America
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The room is typical Westin decor and nothing is special. Do not expect any good view from this hotel but once you step out from this hotel old Montreal welcomes you with crepe,salad nicoise ...you enjoy French atmosphere.

Order a la carte in the morning at hotel restaurant food is very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SambaFoxTrot
Dear SambaFoxTrot, thank you sincerely for your valuable feedback. I am happy to read you took advantage of our central location to pay a visit to some of the great restaurants that surround the hotel. Should the view be a major factor for you, I invite you to book a « Traditional City View » room as available on our website. Our reservation agents will be delighted to assist you in booking one of those when you return to Montreal. Take care,