“Lovely place-just don't forget any valuables in room”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #33 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After reading positive reviews about Westin my fiancée and I chose to stay at Le Westin for a long weekend Montreal to visit Botanical Gardens. Hotel was lovely and in great location. The rooms are a bit on the pricey side, but after staying over night we felt like rooms were worth the splurge. Between the 'Heavenly Beds' and the blackout curtains you can definitely catch up on your beauty sleep! Found everyone at the hotel to be friendly and helpful with directions to sights around town. HOWEVER, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING behind at this hotel, you will not get back. Yes, it was totally my fault for leaving my watch, necklace, and earrings in the nightstand. Upon realizing it when I got home I called the Westin and was forwarded to a housekeeping voicemail. I left two messages with detailed info and sent an email. These small items didn't have great monetary value, but being gifts from loved ones they meant a lot to me. I even asked if offering a reward would help them be located, The hotel did respond- they left a message saying that nothing was found in the room. Which means either A: housekeeping didn't do a very good job of cleaning after we left because the items would have been found by simply opening a drawer....or B: the items were found and simply not turned in. Either way, experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Still great hotel and in walking distance to Notre Dame Cathedral & St Catherine ST. JUST DON"T LEAVE YOUR STUFF BEHIND.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear JFB90, thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry those items were not located by our housekeeping team, and I certainly understand how this left you with a bad impression. Although I put my entire faith into our housekeeping team, I will take this opportunity to review your comment with them. I sincerely hope the quality of our installations and the service you received will convince you to give Le Westin another try when you feel like splurging in the heart of Montreal. Best regards,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,880)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our stay at the Le Westin was delightful. It is a Starwood property and is conveniently located to Vieux-Montréal,Chinatown, and the Latin Quarter.

If you are interested in visiting catholic churches, the Basilique Notre Dame, Saint Patrick and Cathedrale Marie-Reine-du-Monde are within walking distance to Le Westin. It is also close to the Amtrak train station, Victoria Square and numerous bistros.

Although our ability to converse in French was limited, the staff were most gracious and hospitable. Our accomodations on the seventh floor were spacious, quiet, comfortable and complete with amenities.

Bottom line, we liked Le Westin and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

It will be a pleasure welcoming you again at Le Westin, la8gumbo. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city and I thank you kindly for having taken some time to share your feedback with me. Au revoir,

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms were very nice and included attention to the kinds of little details that make a difference for guests. Maid service was completely unobtrusive (e.g., no early knocks on the door) but swiftly completed - as soon as I left the room. Very convenient location, across the street from the conference center, next to old town and Chinatown. Starbucks on the corner a block away just before the Place des Armes. Nice gym. The pool is novel with a glass bottom but more like a big bathtub and too short for laps; after a wave to the parking attendants below, the fun was over. Nice restaurant and bar (the salmon tartare was superb; had to have it two nights in a row with our drinks). This place is well designed for Montreal winters with an enclosed drive in entrance. The hotel is a bit confusing to get around with rooms in different towers connected through second floor hallways and the gym is on the 4th floor of a different elevator system. My Starwoods member status didn't rival my Marriott Platinum privileges but some breakfast would have been nice. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank fred200099

Thank you kindly for your comments, fred200099. I will let the Chef know about his salmon tartare. As a frequent traveler, I am sure we will get the pleasure of welcoming you with a Starwood Platinum status sooner than later. Be well,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Booked on Priceline and was more than pleased with the results. Arrived later than expected and was worried we would have a king bed rather than 2 queens as I was traveling with my nephew, but 2 queens were offered without even inquiring. As you drive up under the see through pool, which is not as impressive as I had hoped, the valet took care of the car. I was surprised that no bell-hop offered to take our bags to our room. Food service in the area ends at 11pm. They do offer room service 24hrs, but we opted for junk food as we were hungry and did not want to wait. It was about a 4 block walk to Le McDonald's. Our only fast food on our visit.
There is a Bar/restaurant off to the right when you enter and then depending on which tower you are in elevators to the left and right from the top of the escalators. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.
The decor of the lobby and surrounds is very nice and appealing. The only negative I would have it the carpet area in the hallway on the room floors, worn and dirty. looked like it was midwinter after wet feet were all over it.
The room itself was spacious and comfortable. TV, mini fridge, IPOD radio safe, iron. WIFI was free in rooms and lobby area. The lighting in the room was a little subdued. The vaulted ceiling had room for a ceiling light, but they just had table lights. I would have liked the option for a brighter light on occasion.
The bath room was large, walk in shower with sliding glass door. Tile floor, hairdryer, etc. Only minor issue, which was just cosmetic, is that the bases to all the fixtures were loose. Both knobs on the sink, the robe hooks, made it seem just a bit unfinished, but no issues with performance. The bedding was very comfortable, scrunchy pillows and comforter that would keep you warm on the coldest nights in Montreal.
The Hotel is located across the street from the Convention center and access to the Metro. We drove , but used the metro for all our traveling in the city.
We did use the pool are and sauna. There is an attendant when you enter the pool area, located right next to the workout area. They had very nice equipment, if you decide to be healthy, rather than relax by the pool. There really is no locker room however, so keep that in mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Syd169
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Syd169, thank you kindly for your extensive feedback. It is no excuse, but a broken pipe did damage the carpet on a few floors a few weeks ago. Thankfully, damage was limited to the corridors and had no impact on bedrooms. New carpet has now been ordered and should be in place before you delight us with another visit. Take care,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Le Westin Montreal was a great place to stay. Awesome location-10 min walk to the Old Port and lots of shops and restaurants around (unless you are looking for late night pizza or snack then there's nothing) The beds are comfortable and the rooms clean but the room service does take a while. Great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoganJulia
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your good words, LoganJulia. For your information, we provide 24/7 room service, should you have a midnight crave the next time you please us with your visit. Au revoir,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I spent a weekend here in late September 2013. The hotel's location is great, close to Old Montreal and near shops and restaurants. The pool area is very nice and although the pools are small, they are lovely and very good for a quick dip. The food in the hotel is fine.

The first room that I was assigned had some major housekeeping issues, including dirty sheets and bedskirt, dirty wallpaper, and dirty windows (inside). I took pictures of the sheet problem and showed them to the staff member at the desk who was suitably appalled. He said he would have the room redone and he did, but the next set of sheets had holes in them and I wasn't happy with the room, so I went back downstairs and requested another. I was given the key to another room so that I could inspect it. It was perfectly fine and I switched rooms. No other issues occurred during my stay.

I do want to emphasize, though, that the staff members in this hotel are all extremely nice, respectful and helpful and I was really impressed by them. Those I had dealings with were accommodating and eager to please and this made my stay extremely pleasant.

I do think, however, that the hotel should pay some attention to the fact that their linens are wearing thin and some should be replaced. Also, the rooms are extremely dark. A few more lamps would be a great improvement.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan A

Dear Susan, thank you very much for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the housekeeping hick up you have encountered upon check in. I am happy to read the team was able to solve the issue quickly and efficiently, yet I will follow up accordingly to ensure your next visit as heavenly as it should be. Sincere regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a short business trip. The room itself was excellent - a traditional king room - with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! The room was spacious and the bathroom well equipped. I ordered room service on the first evening and I was not disappointed at all with the food. It was cooked to perfection and delivered promptly. Coffee in the morning was a Starbucks coffee percolating machine which was very good.

I ate in Gazette, the restaurant within the hotel, and again, the food was fantastic. Even though we were in a private room and had a limited set menu, the quality of cooking was exceptional. Very well done!

The hotel is very well located for Old Montreal and only a few blocks away from the main shopping street. I got to know the city well just by wandering around on foot. The service provided by the front desk and the valet personnel was excellent. All in all, an excellent hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend this to any traveller.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank steem21

Dear steem21, thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed Le Westin’s cuisine as much as its Heavenly beds, and I will make sure your good words do reach the Chef and his team. Hoping to welcome you again in a near future,