“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #29 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The previous reviewers were absolutely right...wonderful location to see all the sites and excellent hotel....very quiet and comfortable. The people at the hotel and throughout Montreal were very gracious and welcoming.

Room Tip: if you want to swim in the pool ask for the St. Antoine tower
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for adding your own thoughts to fellow travelers’ opinion, Don4472. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Le Westin. Take care,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Family trip with our 10 year old hotel was very good staff very helpful and courteous, carnt complain about anything food 10/10 room big enough for all three of us .Across the road is train station hotel is walking distance to crescent street .Hotel has a small pool but big enough for play around would go back tomorrow .We didnt have a good view but that was not a problem because we only slept in room didnt spend a lot of time in it .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad your family enjoyed its last visit, mini041. I hope we will get the pleasure of welcoming you again when travels bring you back to our area. Au revoir,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Hotel is good. It's close to old city, just five minutes walk to Notre-Dame Basilica and Chinatown. The bed is very comfortable of this hotel.
The pool is very unique with glass bottom. The only thing is not so good is that pool close at 9:00pm. I usually come back late and cannot enjoy the pool too much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards Rue Saint Antoine so that you can have a view of a little garden.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your good words, Yong C. I will keep track of your comment about the swimming pool opening hours. Hoping to welcome you back soon,

Vienna, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights in late May, 2013. It's a nice hotel located in a very convenient location. It was easy to walk around in Montreal; as was access to the metro system. I asked for, and was given a late check out. I never heard noise from adjoining rooms or other floors. Very happy with my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor; the view will be better if you're above the surrounding building...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just returned from a three night stay at Le Westin Montréal and I absolutely loved it.

To start, I didn't deliberately seek out a Westin property; I booked on Hotwire and got an amazing rate on an Old Montreal area hotel. When I found out I'd be staying at a Westin, I was extremely excited.

When I arrived at the hotel (having walked the three blocks from the 747 bus on René Lévesque Boulevard) I looked up above my head to see people swimming in the glass-bottom pool in the fitness center. But more on that later.

The lovely Marine checked me in and I was on my way with a room key in a matter of moments. Fortunately I arrived after 3:00pm so everything was ready. I should also mention that Marine set me up with an SPG account right then and there, so I was already earning points from the moment I arrived. She also gave me the ever important wi-fi password, as the hotel offers free wi-fi as part of your stay.

Despite traveling solo, I received a room with two double beds. That was fine with me, since I tend to lay my clothes out on the spare bed. The room was immaculately clean and inviting. The bathroom was huge, with plenty of towels, while the bedroom area was pretty large. The room came with two robes, a fridge, a flat-screen TV, an iPod dock clock radio, and a coffee maker. There was a nice little sitting area by the window as well. Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas accompanied the coffee maker, and there were two bottles of water provided, but only one was complimentary.

Westin's marketing materials talk about their Heavenly Sleep Experience, or some other combination of buzzwords. That said, the bed was AMAZING. I haven't slept that well in a hotel in ages, and I think their bed is more comfortable than my bed at home! The pillows were super comfy and I was able to get nice and snug amongst the blankets.

Other reviewers mentioned that once you pull the black-out curtains closed, you cannot tell if it's light or dark outside. This is 100% true. Once you pull the curtains shut, you are in your own little world. This, combined with the amazing bed, could explain why I overslept every morning of my stay.

Housekeeping did a great job each day with cleaning the room. It was like arriving to a brand new room every night. I was always re-stocked with more water, fresh towels, and new toiletries.

I ordered room service on two occasions and both times, the food came extremely fast and everything was cooked perfectly and piping hot. Be careful though, because the hotel charges a 15% gratuity fee, plus tax, plus a $3 delivery charge. It's times like this I'm glad I can expense such nonsense.

I made use of the gym and pool each night. The gym is well equipped, and it's very much like a gym you'd find in a high-end apartment complex. If you don't have work-out gear you can rent something from the hotel.

There are three pools: the glass bottom pool, a hot pool, and a cold pool. Don't expect any jets in the hot pool though, because it's not really a hot tub. You sign in on a sheet, take some towels, and you're good to go. One downside though is that they are strict on how many people can be in any pool at a time. The glass-bottom pool has a max of 10 people in it. I will say it's pretty awesome to look down and see people arriving and departing beneath your feet.

Check-out was a breeze, and the lovely Marine got my bill settled and pointed me back in the direction of the 747 bus and I was on my way.

Overall, this was an excellent stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Le Westin Montreal to anyone looking for a hotel in the Old Montreal section of the city. This property has everything you'd need if you're a business traveler, couples, friends or family.

However, it might be a little pricey for some people - which means I'll probably take my chances on Hotwire again. The rate I got was a steal, and given the average nightly rate, I don't think I could afford to book it directly. I'll cross my fingers when it comes to Hotwire next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear SteveSMR1, thank you kindly for your good words. I will make sure to share your comments to Marine. I hope you enjoyed your Heavenly sleep enough to make us the pleasure of visiting again in a near future. Be well,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great location. We stayed for 4 days over the very humid Labor Day weekend. We received a corner room on a high floor away from the elevator and ice machine. We requested a late checkout and were able to stay well past 2pm. The room darkener curtains were the best in the business. They darkened the room so well we literally couldn't tell what time of day it was. Great for late sleepers, and people who sleep during the day and into the late afternoon.

We received a great deal online. The management is fabulous.

We brought our own shower head and the water pressure was decent. The pressure in the sink could have been stronger. We had plenty of hot water and the shower was a gigantic stall shower. We took a shower at 3:30am which triggered the fire alarm in our room to go off in the middle of the night because of the contrast of the cold air conditioning mixing with the hot humidity of the shower when we opened the door. This lasted for 2 minutes but felt like an eternity at that hour.

Front desk staff very friendly and signed us up for the free Starwood rewards program from the hotel. There is direct access to the hotel and subway through the building across the street, but we found it much more efficient to just walk direct from outside.

Our room was large and came with a fridge, safe, and flat screen television with internet access. The carpeting was worn out in the high-traffic areas and the window needed to be windexed. It had fingerprints all over. The city view was outstanding, especially at night.

The end tables hadn't been dusted, but the room was very clean overall. Housekeeping was available 24-hours a day and just a phone call away at anytime. We also used the "do not disturb" sign, and also the "green environment" card, which were both respected by the housekeeping staff. We didn't use the pool, or hotel restaurant, or room service. There were plenty of computers available for use on the 3rd floor, and the Complex des Jardins mall was just a block away with the IGA supermarket.

The bed was very soft, so if you prefer a firm mattress you are out of luck. We had to do a "180" and sleep with our head where our feet would normally go, and place our feet where our head would normally go against the headboard.... as the mattress was slanted "downhill" from heavy use.

In general, we highly recommend Le Westin Montreal and room# 1716 if you want a QUIET room where you can sleep 24/7 during the day. The air conditioning was efficient; however, there was no direct ventilation into the bathroom, so it took 24-hours for the A/C to cool the bathroom in our specific room.

Next to the Omni hotel and the brand new Courtyard by Marriott hotel, I highly recommend Le Westin for it's location and management style. It's one of the best hotels in Montreal, and the location is centrally-located similar to the Hyatt and Courtyard by Marriott.

We ate at the Keg steakhouse in Old Montreal and it was fantastic. Filet Mignon with seafood Oscar topping is the best with bacon-wrapped scallops and Pina Colada's mixed with Bailey's. Also recommend Le Jardin Nelson restaurant in Old Montreal, and if you visit Le Plateau area of Montreal then checkout Les Deux Singes de Montarvie restaurant.

Some popular tourist attractions are Saint Joseph Oratory, Notre-Dame Basilica, and the view from "Le Chalet" high atop Mont Royal. The view is amazing at night.

On another note, Montreal in general tends to shy away from air conditioning. There was no a/c in the bathroom, elevator, valet, and lobby area especially during the overnight. It was very humid.

Also, the public transportation in Montreal such as the 747 airport bus, taxi, metro subway also had no A/C. It was very similar to many 3rd-world countries. Rene-Levesque street is just a couple blocks away if you utilize the 747 public bus system to the airport. It's easy coming downhill to the hotel, but it's a hike going uphill back to Rene-Levesque street.

Thank you Le Westin for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: e-mail hotel ahead of time
2 Thank gregmech26
Thank you very much for your comments, gregmech26. We take great pride in making your “best of Montreal” list. We will pay close attention to the details mentioned in your review to ensure your next visit is even nicer. Au revoir!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of September and was pretty satisfied with my stay. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance of Old Montreal, Chinatown and Downtown if you feel like walking a little further. The room I had was on the 7th floor and while it was quiet and comfortable, the room looked out onto the wall of the next building so didn't get much light in during the day. Everything else about the room was fine. Beds are very comfy and the free WiFi was reliable.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you kindly for your good words, dR_gonzo279. Be well,