“Great location”

Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Kingston, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with 2 young kids. Close to old Montreal so not a long walk back to room at end of day. Kids liked glass bottom pool, it was pretty small, might not be ideal for older kids, it was super warm which was a plus. Room good, super comfy bed, housekeeping was questionable, toilet was visibly soiled upon our check in, forgot to clean? Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank LaurieP853
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your good words, LaurieP853. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issues; I will follow up with the team right away. Be well,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are a family of five and stayed at the Westin Montreal recently for a long weekend. We love Montreal and we adore this hotel!!! Our room was very spacious, beds super comfortable and super clean. The food at the restaurant was good, although pricey. The location of the Westin is perfect. We didn't need to use our car at all, once we reached the Hotel. Everything is within walking distance. The Notre Dame Church is within 2 blocks of the hotel. The downtown area is really cue with lots of French restaurants and cafes. Overall a great stay. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you have a large family, call the hotel since they have larger rooms to accommodate up to 6 peopl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travel-manic215
It was a pleasure hosting your family, travel-manic125. Thank you kindly for the positive feedback and au revoir!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is situated on the edge of the historic city of Montreal. It consists of several towers (at least two) and one is primarily home to the conference center. The front side does not look very welcoming to pedestrians and is more set up for cars and cabs but there is a separate pedestrian exit on the rear, with shortest walking distance to downtown. Just some steps and you are in the heart of historic Montreal.

The lobby does not look very welcoming as it does not follow a single design. There is the seating area to one side with old fashioned furniture, then comes the mostly open area with escalators for just one floor, where open stairs would fit better. Adjacent to it is the open and marble dominated reception area and behind that come the access to the restaurant and the main guest tower.

The room was ok and my room was mostly quiet, except of some police or fire fighters passing by in the night. But the noise insulation between the rooms could have been better. There was all night noise from neighbouring rooms and the hallway. Ear plugs helped to get some comfortable sleep.

The breakfast was brilliant and if somethng was missing, I just had to ask to get it delivered or done. This was worth every penny.

Housekeeping was somewhat sniffy. Although they got tipped every day there was not the slightes thank you but instead the service went south over the days. The last evening I even had to ask for shower gel at the reception as nothing was refilled.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked an accessible room at the Westin for a member of my family who is confined to a wheelchair. Having done this many times across the globe, I am now accustomed to varying standards of what "accessible" means. In order to make sure it was exactly what we need, I asked multiple questions - about the hotel itself, the washroom, and the accessibility of the pool. I was assured it was exactly what we needed.
Upon arrival, there were a series of glitches - the front access is badly & dangerously designed, the receptionist was cranky and unhelpful, they gave us grief over why the name of the person staying in the hotel was different from the person who booked (something I clarified at the time of making the reservation) - nuisances, but manageable.
The pool (one of the main reasons we went with the Westin and not our usual Fairmont Queen Elizabeth - who has SUPERB service, by the way) - ended up being anything but accessible. This was the last straw for me, as I had booked much of our vacation / logistics around our Westin stay, precisely for their pool. When I spoke to the hotel manager as to why the front desk had assured me that the pool was accessible (when it clearly isn't), there was not so much as an apology, let alone an explanation. I finally found and alternate route via the service elevator (this wasn't offered to me - I had to research it myself and ask for it). The manager asked if I had booked with them or through Los Angeles. I replied that I had booked through the number on their website. Whether they then outsource to their call centre in L.A. or not doesn't really concern me. The manager essentially blamed L.A. for the mixup and dismissed me.
While the experience was disappointing and incredibly frustrating, the solution should have been simple, as anyone versed in basic customer service well knows: an apology, some kind of attempt to smooth things over and a follow-up "is everything ok?". For a 300$ night, we got none of the above, and were treated though we weren't worth their time. And maybe we weren't worth their time - but at very least, our money should have been worth 5 minutes of good customer service.
I travel the world with my work and am seriously considering avoiding the Westin chain altogether until they get their act together - both for accessibility and customer service.
Don't waste your time here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elizabeth s
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Elizabeth, please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies as I understand the service came short of your expectations over your recent visit. I will follow up on your comments with the Front Desk team – and with the entire personnel. We will also review how the information is being communicated to our different point of sales to ensure the same information is being shared across the board. The swimming pool can be accessed through one specific elevator, as shown to you by the front desk manager on duty. We do not however have a pool lift, and I believe this information can and should be clarified. Rest assured the Westin Montreal team is dedicated to making your travels better, and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate how we can make it right. Sincere regards,

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Westin several times in Montreal. It's a wonderful hotel and the staff is so so helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend it. It is definitely worth the money. The location is perfect, the gym is great, the pool is awesome!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you kindly for your good words, VW1505. It’s always a pleasure taking care of you at Le Westin. Be well,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location! So much to see and food and wine to enjoy:) Concierge was very helpful, every place that she recommended was exactly what we were looking for. Our room was very clean and had a fantastic view:) would most defiantly stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2013
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here for three nights, and it was outstanding. Nice room, spacious (2 queen beds and plenty of space to move around). The staff is VERY accommodating, and responsive to needs. We ran out of towel, and asked the front desk for 4 more. In about 15 minutes, a housekeeping person was at our door and handed us towels. Turned out she only gave us 3 towels, but it wasn't the end of the world. About 10 minutes later, the a hotel representative called US to check if we got our towels. Told her that we only got 3 and in about 5 minutes, there was a third one at our tour. Very nice touch.
Also, one you find the pool and sauna, it is quite lovely too, with the glass bottom overlooking the carport. And loaner goggles are there too.
Overall, very nice location too. Walkable to McGill, Ste. Cath, the "Old City," St. Laurent. Very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SideOBeef
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your good words, SideOBeef (!). I am happy to read you enjoyed your recent visit and hope you will be back soon. Be well,