“great place to stay with ease of getting around”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #33 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is in a good location downtown in Old Montreal. We were able to walk to several restaurants, bars and the cathedral.
There is a pool on the 4th floor of 22 floors, however it was always filled with kids. My only problem is that you go to the Westin and maybe you want to take a dip and relax a little but you don't get that opportunity here.
The rooms are a good size but 1 sink with 2 dbl beds is quite a challenge with woman trying to get ready. One of us was out in room to do our makeup. We alternated.
Buffet breakfast wasn't anything to brag about. $44.00 for 2 and it was hard to get coffee and even to pay our check.
On the better side of things. Our hotel staff was wonderful. Front desk, valet all friendly and most helpful. The beds were comfortable . Our room on the 15th floor did not have a view. We faced the building next to us.
I have stayed at better westin's but this one was OK. Our Concierge chantal was the best!!!!

Room Tip: Ask what side you will be facing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, pet629. I am sorry to read service was slow upon having breakfast and will review your comment with the F&B team. I will also make sure your good words get to Chantal – she is indeed quite awesome. Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent stay. Staff was very helpful and wonderful location. You can easily walk to the old part, river and also downtown. Staff recommended great ideas for things to do and places to eat. Great stay, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you kindly for recommending Le Westin, runnergirl112. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome your family back in downtown Montreal. Be well,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm posting this review from room 1132 at the wonderful Le Westin Montreal (laying in my Heavenly bed, no less!) This is an amazing heritage property given a new lease on life by Westin. Check in was efficient and professional, the staff were alway courteous and ready to give good advice (help with restaurants or tips on where to best view the fireworks). The room we were given was spacious and unique and a great base from which to start exploring old Montreal. I've always been a huge fan on the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto... but this may be my new favorite property. The best the brand has too offer! Félicitations!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer incredible views of the old port. Mine even had an opening window!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Merci beaucoup for your good words, Shabamalam! We are proud to be part of the Westin family and deliver the Heavenly comfort you are accustomed to. Hoping to see you back soon,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed one night in July 2013. Overall, a near perfect experience.

Pros:
+ Pleasant and efficient check-in, attractive lobby
+ Modern, well-appointed, bright rooms with a nice work desk area, evening chair, 32" flat screen with 40+ channels, fridge, safe, Starbucks coffee, rocks glasses etc.
+ Awesome beds
+ Quiet and efficient A/C unit
+ Good soundproofing between rooms, one can barely hear door closes in nearby rooms
+ Gorgeous glass shower with adjustable double showerhead - very neat feature
+ Plush towels, quality toiletries, comfortable robe
+ Large, double-door closet
+ Practical dual shades and window blind system
+ 20th floor southeast-facing room had decent view of parts of the Old Port of Montreal
+ TV turns on to last channel watched at saved volume rather than a piercing pay TV channel at full blast
+ Comfortable, albeit undersized pool (maximum occupancy: 10) with a neat glass floor as well as a hot tub, cold tub (nice!) and sauna
+ Large, orderly fitness centre with a plethora of modern machines
+ Good security with key card required in the elevators to activate floors
+ Excellent downtown location in a safe area across from the convention centre and subway line (Place d'Armes station), a short walk to Chinatown, shopping

Cons:
- Overpriced room service, albeit par for the course. For example, a standard basic breakfast (two eggs, one bread, one meat, one juice, coffee) will run you $19 pp + 15% gratuity + $3 room service fee + taxes, so upwards of $30
- Evidently someone was rough with the ipod dock on the snazzy alarm clock, as it did not work (room 2023)
- Remote for TV was generally unresponsive, some buttons did not work at all
- Toilet was a bit shaky

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear stigs17, thank you very much for providing such an extensive review further to your visit. Having your room number will help us working on the few issues in a timely manner. Au revoir,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stay here with my wife and 16 year old daughter for 7 nights. It is very clean and tastefully decorated. It's a great location for events at the convention centre across the street. It's a short walk to Old Montreal.
I wasn't happy with the first room they gave us as I had reserved a 2 room suite. The first room had a wall dividing the bed from living area but no doors and it was small. I went to the front desk and was offered a different room without any issues. The new room was what I was expecting, other than the view see photo. The front desk apologized for the lack of view from the room and said that all the 2 room suites had that view, not a big deal. A bellman came quickly and moved our luggage to the new room.
The restaurant "the Gazette" is good but pricey, see my separate review. There aren't many other restaurants near by without walking a couple blocks.
All the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you kindly for your good words, shane k. You were not mistaken: due to the hotel configuration and the central location, Premium rooms all face the nearest building, yet they are very spacious and for that reason they are usually preferred by families. I hope we will get the pleasure of welcoming yours back in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I came here for a combination personal and business trip so location was particularly important to me. First the room and services -- i'm rather low maintenance so I got what I expected from le Westin: clean room, friendly service and of course the heavenly bed. My room was sort of close to the elevators yet was surprisingly quiet. The location was great and I'm glad I made this choice. Most of my business was downtown, but I wanted easy access to metro and other neighborhoods. This hotel has access to part of the underground city so had that direct access to two metro stops. It's also easy walking distance to downtown and old Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stay with the Westin Montreal - whenever I do stay in Montreal - which is dozens of times each year - as its a preferred hotel with my work. I am a platinum member of starwood. I love the hotel look, the gym, pool and location. What i do hate though is everytime i check in - they ask if I have stayed there before. Quite sad really. Im not looking for a red carpet - but some recognition would be nice.

Room service - is amazing here!! Love the food

Room Tip: Make sure to get a corner suite - great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear torontotraveler31, thank you kindly for being a loyal guest and for providing me with your feedback, which I have shared with the team. We will keep working to ensure we remain your home away from home when in Montreal. Sincere regards,