“Very comfortable and convenient!”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa
“Very comfortable and convenient!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed for two nights last weekend. Walked to Old Montreal, just a couple blocks. Walked to St. Catherine street, just a couple blocks - perfect central location. Beautiful big room, comfortable beds and new bathroom. Pure luxury - no complaints!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Bonjour Luv2trip04, I am glad you have enjoyed Le Westin’s comfort and location, and I sincerely thank you for having taken some time to share your feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We did a family trip to Montreal and the Westin was an excellent choice. Hotel services were good, although the restaurant is quite expensive. We forgot our passports in the Hotel safe but phoned the hotel and they located them and help them for a couple of days until we could come back to get them.

The hotel location is great for walking to the Old Montreal or to downtown. There are subway stations nearby, but the hotel's back door goes directly to the Old Montreal area. The hotel is also connected to the underground city, which allows for access to downtown shopping areas.

The hotel is also across the street from the convention center.

The only drawback was that the area is a business district with little activity over the weekend, which reduces the choices of restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sapao, thank you kindly for your good words. I am happy to read you enjoyed your Montreal jaunt. This area has been evolving a lot in the past few years, and there are lots of hidden gems when it comes to dining around; our concierge will happily point them out for you when you return. Thank you again for your feedback and be well!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Checked in on a Thursday for long weekend. SPG Gold and was upgraded yo lounge floor,22. Pains me to criticize this hotel. The "lounge" is a joke. Never staffed and zero food. Thurs night for 24 hrs it was "moved" to 3rd fl. Yet no one seemed to know where it was.
The iron didn't work. Would not return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear doylemoore, thank you kindly for taking some time to provide us with feedback further to your recent visit. We did have to move the Executive Lounge last week, and I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the confusion it created. I hope you will give Le Westin another chance to impress you when your travels bring you back to Montreal. Best regards,

Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel is located directly across the street from the convention center. Short walk especially if it is raining but we had excellent weather. Only a couple of blocks and a short walk to old town Montreal which is great after being cooped up in technical presentations all day.

Room was quiet given the fact you are downtown. The staff was very friendly and bilingual in French and English. I would stay here again.

Only disappointment was the breakfast brunch. A bit pricey and they were slow to replenish the popular items like the cut up fruit.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there is construction going on near the room you get. You may want to change as th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VanHalenII
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing Le Westin online, VanHalenII. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you return to Montreal!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Typical business hotel, we were here for a convention at a rate of $189/night + taxes. Free wifi was included in the convention rate, so not sure what the fee per day would be. The room is a typical hotel room, we stayed in 703, which faced directly into a stone building across the street. We heard from others that the rooms on the higher floor have a view of the city, but believe these are reserved for Gold and Platinum SPG members. The hotel has only one restaurant/bar, but that is fine, as there are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance. We did have drinks at the bar one afternoon and the bartender introduced us to the Blushing Lady, a fantastic chick drink! The concierge and front desk staff were wonderful and assisted in organizing a Grayline bus tour ($45 for a three hour tour), restaurants and taxi to the local National car rental office. We ate at Les Pyreness (highly recommended), Mechant Gastropub (dry burgers for a place that is supposed to specialize in them) and Le Latini (extremely expensive). The hotel is just a few blocks from the Notre-Dame of Montreal, well worth a visit for $5 entrance fee. I do not recommend the Basicilca's "light show" which is 25 minutes of a high-school type history of the church and a 5 minute unveiling of the inside of the church (costs $10 and really not worth it). The metro is located across from the Westin and is a breeze to use. We used the metro to get to Olympic Park and paid the $22/person fee to ride the funicular on Montreal Tower. The views are beautiful from the top of the tower, but the $22 is highway robbery -- would not recommend it for the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MarilynMonroe97, thank you kindly for sharing your good words further to your recent visit. For your information, the WiFi access is complimentary for all of our guests, whether attending a convention or not. Also, we would gladly try to assign a room up front (with a city view) the next time you visit; please mention your preference upon making your reservation. Being in the heart of downtown, rooms located at the back of the hotel don’t offer a view yet are quieter, which might be preferred by other travelers. In anyway, we try to accommodate as many requests as possible. Au revoir,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

First off, we booked on hotwire to get a deal - that was $140 a night for 3 nights for my wife and I and our grown daughter - so the price wasn't bad. Also the location is good - between old Montreal and downtown - but we spent much of our time in Old Montreal.

But this is touted as a 4-star hotel. I was debating between going the hotwire route and booking a boutique hotel in old Montreal.

The suite didn't have a bathtub - just a shower. Stayed in many hotels over the years and didn't realize some came with only showers - my mistake I guess. It was sorely missed as we'd have loved to soak our feet after shopping all day. No hot water control - just one control from cold up to warm. Didn't get to the point of creating stream in the room - so if you like your showers hot - forget it. Also a couple of the towels were coming apart at the edges.

Valet parking only which was a pain... and cost me 15 minutes and $5 every time I wanted to use my car - about 8 times over the 3 days.

Tried the restaurant at 10pm for dessert when they were open until 11pm. They said they on;y had chocolate cake. Not much variety so we decided against it. In the room service menu they had half a dozen desserts and also can be ordered until 11pm... presumably that wouldn't have worked either since it appears the desserts come from the restaurant.

Won't use hotwire again since I don't get the see all the details of my room in advance. Also I won't want to get put in a Westin again.

Stayed at a bunch of Raddison hotels this year and really like them... will probably go back to them where they exist on our travels.

Got the feeling that the hotel wanted to be a 4-star (Valet parking only) but it didn't even compare to some 3 stars we've been to in the last year. I'd say 3-star at best.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tomdaze
Dear tomdaze, thank you kindly for providing me with such an extensive feedback further to your recent visit. Although most of our rooms contain one large shower, about 10% of our bathrooms still offer a conventional bathtub. I would recommend making the request prior to your next visit. I will definitely bring your dessert concern up, as I know for a fact that there are more options. I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience and hope you might select Le Westin again when travels bring you back to Montreal. Regards,

Southampton, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was booked into the Westin for a convention, but I would return there for a weekend getaway. The hotel is relatively big, and depending upon which tower you are in, you may find yourself getting twisted around a bit, but the staff are great. The elevators seemed a bit slow when I was there but not ridiculously so. I believe the rack rate for a room with one king bed is $250

Room Tip: The view from the rooms is nothing exceptional. I think my room looked at the Intercontinental next...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Bonjour Tim G, thank you very much for sharing your feedback online. Although being downtown, some rooms do provide nicer views than others; if this matters to you, make sure to mention it when you come back for your weekend getaway and we’ll do everything in our power to ensure you spend a delightful moment in Montreal. Au revoir!