“Great Location in Old Montreal”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #33 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Typical business hotel, we were here for a convention at a rate of $189/night + taxes. Free wifi was included in the convention rate, so not sure what the fee per day would be. The room is a typical hotel room, we stayed in 703, which faced directly into a stone building across the street. We heard from others that the rooms on the higher floor have a view of the city, but believe these are reserved for Gold and Platinum SPG members. The hotel has only one restaurant/bar, but that is fine, as there are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance. We did have drinks at the bar one afternoon and the bartender introduced us to the Blushing Lady, a fantastic chick drink! The concierge and front desk staff were wonderful and assisted in organizing a Grayline bus tour ($45 for a three hour tour), restaurants and taxi to the local National car rental office. We ate at Les Pyreness (highly recommended), Mechant Gastropub (dry burgers for a place that is supposed to specialize in them) and Le Latini (extremely expensive). The hotel is just a few blocks from the Notre-Dame of Montreal, well worth a visit for $5 entrance fee. I do not recommend the Basicilca's "light show" which is 25 minutes of a high-school type history of the church and a 5 minute unveiling of the inside of the church (costs $10 and really not worth it). The metro is located across from the Westin and is a breeze to use. We used the metro to get to Olympic Park and paid the $22/person fee to ride the funicular on Montreal Tower. The views are beautiful from the top of the tower, but the $22 is highway robbery -- would not recommend it for the value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear MarilynMonroe97, thank you kindly for sharing your good words further to your recent visit. For your information, the WiFi access is complimentary for all of our guests, whether attending a convention or not. Also, we would gladly try to assign a room up front (with a city view) the next time you visit; please mention your preference upon making your reservation. Being in the heart of downtown, rooms located at the back of the hotel don’t offer a view yet are quieter, which might be preferred by other travelers. In anyway, we try to accommodate as many requests as possible. Au revoir,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,880)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

First off, we booked on hotwire to get a deal - that was $140 a night for 3 nights for my wife and I and our grown daughter - so the price wasn't bad. Also the location is good - between old Montreal and downtown - but we spent much of our time in Old Montreal.

But this is touted as a 4-star hotel. I was debating between going the hotwire route and booking a boutique hotel in old Montreal.

The suite didn't have a bathtub - just a shower. Stayed in many hotels over the years and didn't realize some came with only showers - my mistake I guess. It was sorely missed as we'd have loved to soak our feet after shopping all day. No hot water control - just one control from cold up to warm. Didn't get to the point of creating stream in the room - so if you like your showers hot - forget it. Also a couple of the towels were coming apart at the edges.

Valet parking only which was a pain... and cost me 15 minutes and $5 every time I wanted to use my car - about 8 times over the 3 days.

Tried the restaurant at 10pm for dessert when they were open until 11pm. They said they on;y had chocolate cake. Not much variety so we decided against it. In the room service menu they had half a dozen desserts and also can be ordered until 11pm... presumably that wouldn't have worked either since it appears the desserts come from the restaurant.

Won't use hotwire again since I don't get the see all the details of my room in advance. Also I won't want to get put in a Westin again.

Stayed at a bunch of Raddison hotels this year and really like them... will probably go back to them where they exist on our travels.

Got the feeling that the hotel wanted to be a 4-star (Valet parking only) but it didn't even compare to some 3 stars we've been to in the last year. I'd say 3-star at best.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tomdaze

Dear tomdaze, thank you kindly for providing me with such an extensive feedback further to your recent visit. Although most of our rooms contain one large shower, about 10% of our bathrooms still offer a conventional bathtub. I would recommend making the request prior to your next visit. I will definitely bring your dessert concern up, as I know for a fact that there are more options. I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience and hope you might select Le Westin again when travels bring you back to Montreal. Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was booked into the Westin for a convention, but I would return there for a weekend getaway. The hotel is relatively big, and depending upon which tower you are in, you may find yourself getting twisted around a bit, but the staff are great. The elevators seemed a bit slow when I was there but not ridiculously so. I believe the rack rate for a room with one king bed is $250

Room Tip: The view from the rooms is nothing exceptional. I think my room looked at the Intercontinental next...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Bonjour Tim G, thank you very much for sharing your feedback online. Although being downtown, some rooms do provide nicer views than others; if this matters to you, make sure to mention it when you come back for your weekend getaway and we’ll do everything in our power to ensure you spend a delightful moment in Montreal. Au revoir!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was a great hotel! Beautiful view of the. City, great location, wonderful restaurants nearby. Nice and spacious room, beds are soooo comfortable, bathroom was large and beautiful. They have a nice pool area 1 heated glass bottom pool over the entrance/ valet, 1 cold pool, and the jacuzzi, as well as the sauna. The gym was nice too.

While we were here there was a major production company making a film. So we watched a " police chase" out our window.

Staff was great.

Got this hotel via Priceline bid for a outstanding rate!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you kindly for your positive comments, Heather O! I hope you will select Le Westin again when travels bring you back to Montreal. Be well,

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We are staying at the Westin hotel for a conference. The location is very good. Only blocks from Old Town Montreal.
Check in was expedient. They honored my early check in request.
The rooms are nice. They have a good desk for working. There is an interesting pillar in my room that takes up a lot of space.
The bathroom is a good size, but all vanity / sink area.
The pool is cool. The pool has a glass bottom so you can look down and see the hotel entrance.
The Gazette restaurant / bar is small and seems to be the only restaurant on site.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed over the weekend recently and the hotel was everything you would expect from a Westin. The bathroom was huge, the room was large and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The decor is modern, and the lobby is a good meeting place. The only downside is the high cost of parking - and it's all valet parking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed from Friday to Sunday. Splurged for a junior suite but I have to say next time I would opt for a corner room. The extra room was not inviting, poorly lit and cold. We never used it. We arrived late evening and there was a yellow liquid on the toilet seat. When we left for dinner we immediatelyy told the front desk, thinking there was a leak from the vent over the toilet. We were left a note that there was no leak and if we wanted to change rooms we could. We were exhausted, the liquid was cleaned up so we stayed. My wife didn't feel well so we didn't change rooms the following day either. Our bill was given a discount for the inconvenience and a cheese plate was delivered as an apology. We gave the cheese plate to our daughter and her husband (we treated them to a suite as well for the weekend). The bedroom itself on the other hand was furnished nicely and large. We were on the 20th floor so we had an unobstructed view of the river. Our daughters suite was on the 17 th floor and their view was of the buildings nearby.
The staff from valet, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff were all friendly and professional. One thing that I persoanally found to be outrageous was charging me $10 for two pieces of toast. I didn't even mind paying over $25 a day for the car. But seriously $10 for two pieces of bread is surprising. The hotels location is great. Walking distance to Old Montreal and Chinatown.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank srk60
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear umich3, thank you kindly for providing us with such valuable feedback further to your recent visit. Junior Suites are much appreciated by families, to whom the extra space makes an difference. As a couple, the Deluxe corner room is almost just as large and may appear more inviting; I hope you will eventually share your comments on it. If I am delighted to read your comments about the associates, I would like to extend my apologies for the cleanliness issue in the room which I will personally follow up on. Thank you again for your comments and please come back to visit soon.