“Beautiful Hotel Experience!”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #30 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here as part of a business conference as the location is right across the street from the Montreal Convention Centre. This is a great hotel! The building has been tastefully upgraded. The rooms are average size and very comfortable. I like having the soft ambient nature sounds when you first walk into your room. The bathrooms are nicely appointed with a great shower! This is always important for me. The staff are extremely courteous, helpful and professional. The location is very close to the "old Montreal" area. It is very beautiful and historic. Very old European feel with a Canadian flavour. I love to visit Montreal and if i don't have to pay for it I'll stay at the Westin again. Great place.

Room Tip: Views are better facing the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback, Kingston I. I am happy to read you have enjoyed our location and comfort levels upon your last visit. Be well,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Le Westin is situated between Chinatown and Old Montreal and close to both the green and orange metro lines. It is also close to the business district. For these reasons, it's a great property. There are numerous other hotels in the area, so book it if you can get a deal or value your Starwoods Points. I had 1516, a corner room, that was clean, bright and spacious.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miss_wanderluster
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Bonjour miss_wanderluster, your feedback is much appreciated. I am happy to read you enjoyed your recent visit to Le Westin and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had to travel to Montreal for work and spent the weekend enjoying the sites. This is a great modern hotel and the room size is terrific. The bathroom is on the small size but it modern and clean and the shower is great. The gym is fabulous and it's the best gym I have seen and used in a long while. There is a pool and spa area which was popular with family and kids. Catharine who was on the front desk was exceptional - she really looked after us and made all our dinner bookings. The breakfast staff were also very friendly and efficient. The location of the hotel is super convenient, with a short stroll to Old Montreal and the Entertainment district. Thoroughly enjoyed the city of Montreal and the hotel - would definitely go back!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Peteshell12, I am very excited to read how much you enjoyed Montreal and Le Westin. Thank you for having taken a moment to share your feedback online, I will make sure your “merci” gets to Catherine. Be well,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The entire staff was exceptional, befitting a 4 star hotel property. From the valet to the concierge, the treatment was outstanding. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed and bedding were top quality. Location is perfect for exploring Vieux Montreal on foot. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your good words, RTR2011. It will be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you back at Le Westin. Au revoir!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed in Westin hotels across North America. This property has clean, nicely decorated rooms with comfortable beds. However, the club lounge does not serve breakfast and has incredibly mediocre business facilities. In addition, the hotel only has one restaurant/bar, and it serves high-end food. There is nowhere to grab a quick bite to eat or a sandwich/salad. Not enough options for a major chain hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Jason M, thank you very much for your feedback concerning the club lounge. I would be interested in knowing which facilities would increase your productivity the next time you visit. As for the food options, being connected by underground to the Convention Centre and to the World Centre of Commerce allows for a myriad of tasty alternatives, which our concierge will be delighted to point out. I hope we will get the opportunity to take care of you again in the near future. Best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Montreal for a long week end with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is very covenient both for discovering the old town as well as being close to the CBD. The staff were unfailingly friendly handling our requests including when we spent three hours in the restaurant to catch up on paperwork without consuming more than a few cups of tea. The pool and sauna are well worth visiting after a day walking in temperatures of minus 15. My only niggle is that i would have wished the room service food was really hot when it arrived instead of warmish.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you kindly for your feedback, qwertasdfgzxcvb. I am proud of the team’s friendliness, and I will certainly bring your room service comment up to our team so that you may enjoy a delicious, warm meal the next time you please us with your visit. Au revoir!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family's overall experience with the Westin Montreal was excellent. We went there for a stopover at Quebec City. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I got this through Aeroplan, but the staff treated us like regular paying guests. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was heavenly. My family and I all had a wonderful night sleep. The overall hotel decoration is very classy. The location is great (Vieux Port), close to everything. Special mention and very impressive part of the hotel was the pool, especially if you are traveling with kids. Both my daughters (7 years old and 1 year old) didn't want to leave the pool. We only stayed for one night, but we visited the pool 4 times. We were all very sad when it was time to go, and we hope that we'll visit very soon. Westin and staff, thank you very much for making our family vacation so wonderful.

We continued on to Quebec, and we stayed at good hotels for 3 days, but nothing came close to the Westin Hotel Montreal. When I come back to Montreal, I will only stay at The Westin Hotel. I would recommend it to everybody, and particularly families with kids.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Glady1015, thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience with fellow travelers – and with myself! Comments such as yours act are incredibly motivating for all of us, and I will make sure to share this one with all our associates. I hope you enjoyed yourself in Quebec City and I am looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Westin.