“A delightful evening at the Oyster Shack”
Review of Oyster Shack - CLOSED

Oyster Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: The best place for seafood in Montreal, Qc, Canada.Great ambiance, friendly staff, great food at a fair price. We have a terasse for outdoor dining, 2 floors dining area and 2 bars. You can reserve the restaurant for your private party. We have a oysters bar open thursday to saturday. Happy hour price on drinks and oysters!Come have a taste, you will love it!
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stumbled across the Oyster Shack while wondering down Rue Bishop on our first night in Montreal. We couldn't resist the little table for two sitting in the upstairs window and so decided to go in. The food was outstanding - we didn't have oysters, but a dish of scallops wrapped in bacon, served in a creamy sauce and Coquille St Jacques, followed by a scrumptious chocolate pie served with a taste of fresh mango and strawberries.

The service was also outstanding - friendly and helpful without being ostentatious. And, finally, the night was topped off by great music provided by a talented pianist.

There are newer reviews for Oyster Shack

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We arrived at 7.30pm for dinner on a Tuesday, not very busy, there were a number of customers sat at the bar ordering oysters and drinks. Our waitress was excellent, I couldn't decide which beer to order so she brought me some samples to try. The food was superb, ordered a selection of oysters, shrimp cocktail and calamari, we shared. We all agreed it was some of the best seafood we had ever eaten and we've eaten a lot! Main courses Salmon, Shack burger and the Lobster roll, again these were all excellent. The service was very good, the owner came over 3 or 4 times to check everything was OK. We left around 9.30pm feeling good!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

There's just something about oysters. I always have a sense of well being after slurping a few! Maybe it's the zinc, maybe it's all in my head, either way - I needed some oysters, stat! My husband and I decided to try out the Oyster Shack in Montreal this week. He's not an oyster fan, but the menu offered selections he found appealing. They had a lunch time table d'hote so he enjoyed a pork and corn chowder soup and a generous lobster roll and hand cut fries, afterward he had a chocolate banana cake for desert. He was stuffed!

I opted for a dozen oysters - a variety from the US. They were fresh and delicious. I then had a side salad and a bowl of delicious lobster bisque with caviar. Just what I needed! We also shared a bottle of the house chardonnay.

It was quiet when we dined, but service was friendly and we had a lovely window seat to people watch. We will be back very soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed at the bar for tasting oysters before heading out in the cold for finding a steakhouse. service was very friendly and knew about the oysters. They prepared a good selection for me of different areas but mainly New England.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had purchased a Living Social coupon for $54 in December so our menu was limited. My partner ordered a Cesar salad and I had the feuillete escargot with mushroom sauce. Both were delicious. Main meal we chose the seafood bowl for 2. It was very good but there was only 1 scallop each, 2 shrimp each, 2 scallops each and only half a lobster for 2. There were a lot of mussels. We ordered extra buns to dip into the bouillabaisse sauce. Then for dessert my partner chose his favourite Creme Brulee. He said it was flavored with an orange twist which was different. He thought it was very good
good. I ordered the other choice profiterole with chocolate sauce. it too was good but the portion was really very small. We ordered a bottle of Sancerres $56. All in all it was very good. As always being diabetic I always use sweetener instead of sugar in my coffee. I don't know why the better restaurants can't offer Splendid or Stevie instead of that awful Sugar Twin. What a way to ruin a good cup of coffee! I bring my own however if McDonald's and Tim Hortons can do it why not our 4 Star restaurants? Many fine 5 Star restaurants will offer an assortment of sugar substitutes. Just a pet peeve.