“Good selection of oysters”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oyster Shack - CLOSED

Oyster Shack
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: The best place for seafood in Montreal, Qc, Canada.Great ambiance, friendly staff, great food at a fair price. We have a terasse for outdoor dining, 2 floors dining area and 2 bars. You can reserve the restaurant for your private party. We have a oysters bar open thursday to saturday. Happy hour price on drinks and oysters!Come have a taste, you will love it!
Koeniz, Switzerland
“Good selection of oysters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed at the bar for tasting oysters before heading out in the cold for finding a steakhouse. service was very friendly and knew about the oysters. They prepared a good selection for me of different areas but mainly New England.

Visited March 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Wasn't disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had purchased a Living Social coupon for $54 in December so our menu was limited. My partner ordered a Cesar salad and I had the feuillete escargot with mushroom sauce. Both were delicious. Main meal we chose the seafood bowl for 2. It was very good but there was only 1 scallop each, 2 shrimp each, 2 scallops each and only half a lobster for 2. There were a lot of mussels. We ordered extra buns to dip into the bouillabaisse sauce. Then for dessert my partner chose his favourite Creme Brulee. He said it was flavored with an orange twist which was different. He thought it was very good
good. I ordered the other choice profiterole with chocolate sauce. it too was good but the portion was really very small. We ordered a bottle of Sancerres $56. All in all it was very good. As always being diabetic I always use sweetener instead of sugar in my coffee. I don't know why the better restaurants can't offer Splendid or Stevie instead of that awful Sugar Twin. What a way to ruin a good cup of coffee! I bring my own however if McDonald's and Tim Hortons can do it why not our 4 Star restaurants? Many fine 5 Star restaurants will offer an assortment of sugar substitutes. Just a pet peeve.

• Visited March 2014
montreal
“What happened to Oyster Shack?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Oyster Shack on Bishop Street in Montreal has always been one of my favourite top ten restaurants in Montreal. With that being said, I must report that I was treated very poorly by one of the new waiters there. My friend and I ordered a very fine meal when we were just sitting there enjoying our beers. Suddenly this waiter comes up to us and tells us that we have to hurry because this table is reserved for 7 o'clock. This is unheard of, especially since we noticed that there were empty tables nearby. I got up to complain to the owner and he assured us that we didn't need to hurry. When the waiter, who was spoken to by the owner, came to pick up our empty glasses he deliberately brushed his elbow against my friend's face and just missed touching her. Needless to say I will never be back and my family said they would never again go to Oyster Shack.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank gerry g
Dalhousie, Canada
“Fresh Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Welcoming staff. Very fresh seafood. The ambiance is cozy and eclectic. We were told it is under new management.

Visited February 2014
“New owner could ruin a good thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Great food, the Seafood Chowder is amazing. Oysters are fresh and tasty. Staff is wonderful. New owner profiles clients and falls all over the ones sent from hotels. At least that is how it was when we went. A couple from the Fairmont Queen E were treated like royalty where where we sat at a table close by were completely ignored by the new owner. That is not how to treat clients. We spend big when we go there, but not any more. The potential to ruin a great down east seafood restaurant is likely.

Visited October 2013