“Nice Place”

Ranked #83 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Crown Plaza was a nice place to stay. My husband and I stayed here for one night and did the park and fly. The front desk was very helpful and informative. The restaurant food was ok, service in the restaurant was good. The room was large, but we had a joining room, and the people beside us were very loud, having to get up early in the am to catch a flight, this was a bit annoying. The shuttle service was good for departure, but arriving back home was a long wait. after calling the hotel, and them saying the shuttle would be at the airport in 5 minutes. Then 20 minutes later it arrives was a little frustrating.Overall stay was good at the Crown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAH30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at the Crown Plaza for business and i was very well received, from . the reception to the staff. I especially appreciated the little attentions , like complimentary home made cookies in my bedroom.. Loved the place , very comfortable beds.....nice buffet...made all the difference..will go back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank helena605
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a night due to flight cancellation. The front desk staff was very cordial and helpful. The restaurant food was delicious and reasonably priced.
My stay was dampened by the poor room housekeeping. The first room I was offered was not cleaned up at all, with used towels on the bathroom floor and plastic wrappers on the table. I was offered a fresh room immediately. The room was tidy but I noticed crumbs and waste under the bed.
I am sure this is not a general representation of the hotel services. It was okay for a night's stay. The shuttle service is quick and frequent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Amit N,

Ben J
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have stayed at the hotel a few times. Each time in January and February. This past February was the first time I really had a problem.

As in previous visits, the food at the restaurant good and room service adequate (they did show up without my breakfast...had only brought the beverages, but quickly returned with my meal).

My room was clean, with no overt wear and tear, however the room faced the street, and was therefore very noisy. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they set the thermostat in the room so the temperature won't go below 72F. Upon arrival, the heating system was broken. Within twenty minutes of my calling, a repairman arrived to fix the problem. When I asked about the thermostat, he said they had blocked the thermostats from going below 72F to prevent frozen pipes, which, in my opinion, is simply ridiculous.

This had not been the case on prior visits, and resulted in a room that I couldn't sleep comfortably in as I sleep in a room in the mid-sixties (the repairman did offer a fan for the room).

As a result I will not be able to use this hotel for future business trips, unless they change that practice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Cubechick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Cubechick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your positive feedback on our room cleanliness and quality of food. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it sounds like your stay this time was not as excellent compared to your previous visits. It's truly regrettable that your stay was negatively affected due to the temperature in your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest experience.

Lera P
Burlington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

If you do not need to stay downtown this is a great property. You can tell they have completed upgrades on this older hotel. Staff is friendly. The only thing I do not like is that they have signs and staff asking you to give them a 10 out of 10 on the survey. Because of that I would never give them a 10.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ABC360
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a 3 day lay over before traveling back to the UK. The staff were excellent, looked after my every need. Room was fantastic. Particular credit should be given to the reception team, super enthusiastic, always available and nothing was too much trouble. Jenny was a particular star.

My only concern would be the hotel location, without a car the area is quite remote.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, on a family vacation to Montreal. We chose this hotel because it featured an indoor pool and a water slide for our kids. The pool and the waterslide certainly did not disappoint. They were fantastic!

Unfortunately, the rooms show lots of signs of wear, are not exactly clean, and we found it to be terribly expensive for what get. I am not normally a very picky person, a 3.5 star hotel is just fine for our family however, this one was I would say is way below 3 stars.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was terrible! I have never been so disappointed. The bread was delicious, but the rest of the meal was poor. The portions are large, but the quantity does not make up for poor quality.

I had a large fly come out of my baked potato!!! My husband's potato tasted rotten, the vegetables were really over salted and our "medium" roast beef was blue! It was very expensive and very poor quality.

Disappointed we spent the money on such a place. It is really too bad because the pool and water slide were a huge hit with the kids!

• Stayed February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Dreamysigh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J