“Clean Comfortable but needs TLC”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport
Ranked #83 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our stay was due to a flight cancellation and overall, the one night was just fine. Lots of things look like they need some attention: grubby curtains, big crack in our bathroom sink, etc but the hotel is obviously well-used. Bedding and towels all pristine. Also had a delicious dinner on the restaurant but funniest dinner roll ever! Very green outside and in - was told it was pesto but zero flavor and had that colour of leftover St Paddy's sugar cookies!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bagwan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear bagwan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is very pleasing to know that you liked our towels and bedding. However, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the crack in the bathroom and grubby curtains. I will make sure that these issues will be looked into as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Rooms are nice and clean, but hotel looks a bit wasted, reception staff kind and helpful, shuttle transfer from and to the airport every half hour. Only disappointed with breakfast, restaurant staff arguing between them in front of the guests, buffet wasn't ready at 6.45 (they open at 6.30am), any gluten free options, neither for customers that can't have milk. They don't even have bread at the buffet! You have to order toasts to the waiter... Been in a lot of Hotels worldwide and haven't seen something like this.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank marinakaru
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Businesstraveler073,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I planned to stay at the Crowne Plaza Montreal hotel for 2 nights, however due to flights rescheduling, I was delayed to arrive the morning after. A call to the hotel front desk and they were very friendly to update my reservation, and even said they will try to keep the room for my arrival. I arrived at 10am, the room was ready for me with no extra charge. Warm welcome at the front desk and she (Olga) arranged for me that the restaurant will still serve me some food even though they were already closed. Nice warm personal touch.

I was upgraded to the suite and the room was fine, a bit outdated but nothing that really impacted my stay.

The shuttle runs every 30 minutes, easy to get them, easy to get back to the airport.
Overall I would recommend this hotel

1  Thank MishTravel2012
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night, prior to an early monring departure from YUL. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, it was very large, and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was very clean, everything worked beautifully.
The king size bed was very confortable. Front desk employees were very helpful and smiling. Shuttle service was A+, on time, quick and efficient. No problem with parking. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maveve32
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed in the room alone on business and it was great. Checking in was easy and quick, the king size bed was more then sufficient for just me. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My colleagues and I decided to eat in their restaurant and we were more then satisfied with the service and food. The only issue I had was, while taking a shower, the drain seemed to be clogged, but upon check-out the lady asked me if I had any concerns and she said they would address it. I appreciated the fact she wanted to hear about my concerns and since I am a IHG card member she gave me an extra 100 points.

I say, if you want to stay somewhere for an early flight or have business meeting in the area, this hotel is a great choice.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great meal in bar/restaurant(cheap and affordable), comfortable bed. clean room and very accomodating front desk help. Thumbs up. Shuttle service to airport on time and quick back to hotel. Would stay here again on business

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Frist of all getting your car on and off the property is perplexing, on all 4 occasions we went in and out we were in delays because the barrier/credit card system does not work - this needs fixing.
As a platinum IHG member I got put on the 9th floor, room 923, because we were late i put my bag in the room and went straight out to dinner. On returning late, outside was below freezing, the room was cold but the heater was 'on' rumbling and throbbing away, the stat showed 70deg - but it was not it was significantly colder, so i ramped it up to 79F, the unit kept making an unacceptable noise the air remained cool and the room temp stat did not change. Being late and having an early flight i switched it off as it was making the room colder BUT then you could hear equally annoying noises and vibrations from the units in the rooms either side and below!!! on putting my ear on the pillow these noises could be heard thru the bed like a seashell!!
On checking out, and being asked how was my stay I was informed that the rooms ARE SET to MAX F72deg, and offered an extra 1,000 IHG points..... so why can you program higher and why doesnt the room even reach 72???

For me a very cold and noisy night with bad quality sleep - never experienced this before with the CP brand.

Room Tip: if it is cold/below freezing outside - check your room heater reaches an acceptable level.